Share your VR graphic settings

So I did some more testing and hopefully I can explain it a bit better :) I am not using fpsvr, I just enabled FPS in ACC hud to ensure no third party tool is impacting the FPS count, and for monitoring frame timing I am using the SteamVR graph.

So I am using a HP Reverb G2 for me the 100% in SteamVR (not per application VR setting) makes the resolution 3168x3092 and for 50% it is 2240x2184 (See attached SteamVRSSat images)

If I just adjust the SteamVR SS while leaving the per applications SS at 50% the resolution for per application SS changes. its derived from SteamVR SS.

For me the performance impact was due to the SteamVR SS being 100% meant my pc was rendering at 3168x3092 then it was being sampled down later to the per app SS. I am guessing that SteamVR 100% for you is a lower resolution if we have different headsets. I also tried with enabling and disabling motion re-projection (Motion Smoothing forced on) in steamvr. Currently playing with it on.

The PerAppSS screenshots below show the change if I set SteamVR to 100% vs 50%. I am also using Reshade at the moment which does make for a sharper image. But I did first try to get it as sharp as I could with the SteamVR SS, Engine.ini and Video settings. From there I added reshade to the mix.
I think @ARC_Marcella is right... 50% at general and 50% at per app setting results in 25% SteamSS ingame. Also using Reverb G2 here with a 3080 Ti and I'm getting worse quality with higher frametimes and higher reprojection rates using your settings. In my original settings I'm using 100% SteamSS (global and per App), resulting in 100% SteamSS in fpsvr. Besides that using 70% resolution scale and 125% VR pixel density in ACC.

By the way, I recon percentage doesn't matter one bit in relation to what resolution your headset is; the SteamSS will still be the same (resoultion however will be different of course).

Last edited:
For me that final res u have of 1544 is too low, I run 82 as steamvr suggest and 56 in svr per app for acc, which is about 2096 res. However this only allows 50-60 fps but does look acceptable. Gpu running at 96 so not much headroom. I am still tweaking a lot of things and will be lowering this if its not too noticable.
Fpsvr shows 46 final ss in game with this settings.

2160 is native res, u r way below that with 50 in both settings, does that make sense, I know what u mean but I suspect u might be applying it twice with the res u screen shotted

Last edited:
I think @ARC_Marcella is right... 50% at general and 50% at per app setting results in 25% SteamSS ingame. Also using Reverb G2 here with a 3080 Ti and I'm getting worse quality with higher frametimes and higher reprojection rates using your settings. In my original settings I'm using 100% SteamSS (global and per App), resulting in 100% SteamSS in fpsvr. Besides that using 70% resolution scale and 125% VR pixel density in ACC.

By the way, I recon percentage doesn't matter one bit in relation to what resolution your headset is; the SteamSS will still be the same (resoultion however will be different of course).

Thanks for checking and for sharing :) I have a RTX2080 this side. For my settings in ACC I have motion smoothing in steam forced to on for ACC, I am also running reshade which sharpens the image. I have SteamVR SS set to a resolution of 2240x2184 and then per application SS set to 1584x1544. For me this has at least been a pretty good base to start with, and with the settings I shared it didn't kill my gpu.

For me that final res u have of 1544 is too low, I run 82 as steamvr suggest and 56 in svr per app for acc, which is about 2096 res. However this only allows 50-60 fps but does look acceptable. Gpu running at 96 so not much headroom. I am still tweaking a lot of things and will be lowering this if its not too noticable.
Fpsvr shows 46 final ss in game with this settings.

2160 is native res, u r way below that with 50 in both settings, does that make sense, I know what u mean but I suspect u might be applying it twice with the res u screen shotted
Awesome thanks for sharing the resolution :) I will give that a go. I do only have a RTX2080 though so for me with the G2 the res is actually way better than the default profiles. But I suspect with motion smoothing forced to on, I should have a bit more head room to play. Will let you know how it works out.

Hi Guys, have been out lately, can anybody confirm whether using ReShade/Retrolux is better or worse than the FSR tool? I understand the two are alternative to each other.

Running a G2 with 3080.

It is a bit of a pita to configure but I can recommend it, as you can see from the discussion above I can run a lower resolution and be fairly happy with the results :) Definitely worth giving a try :D

Last edited:
Thanks for checking and for sharing :) I have a RTX2080 this side. For my settings in ACC I have motion smoothing in steam forced to on for ACC, I am also running reshade which sharpens the image. I have SteamVR SS set to a resolution of 2240x2184 and then per application SS set to 1584x1544. For me this has at least been a pretty good base to start with, and with the settings I shared it didn't kill my gpu.

Awesome thanks for sharing the resolution :) I will give that a go. I do only have a RTX2080 though so for me with the G2 the res is actually way better than the default profiles. But I suspect with motion smoothing forced to on, I should have a bit more head room to play. Will let you know how it works out.

It is a bit of a pita to configure but I can recommend it, as you can see from the discussion above I can run a lower resolution and be fairly happy with the results :) Definitely worth giving a try :D
2070 super here so not 30 series either. I’m keen to have the 90fps so as I said I will be dropping the res little by little but I’d rather not have motion smoothing. This is also odd as I have it set to off and yet in fpsvr I still see around 33% reprojection status. It’s also set to off in wmr settings so I assume their is something bugged somewhere. Another trick I will attempt is running at 60hz since I’m not above 60 fps and it seems ok. Wmr is all new to me having been rift s for a year and then a two month trial of a quest 2 before I bought the g2.
with the res in steam u have it’s closer to a rift than a g2 but if it’s works for u that’s great don’t let us put u off I just think u could raise it if required. What fps r u getting and is it stable?

Hi Guys, have been out lately, can anybody confirm whether using ReShade/Retrolux is better or worse than the FSR tool? I understand the two are alternative to each other.

Running a G2 with 3080.
Reshade is good for all. Fsr if u are cpu bound is the thinking. Fsr will provide better performance with a lesser image which is good if bound and if not then u can increase ss in steam vr to improve image again. With yer gpu I’d focus on reshade. I’d wouldnt say it’s one or the other, u can run both, reports of that are mixed. Some people don’t like fsr at all but there’s a lot of confusion on what exactly it does and how it works by those people. Personally I focus on reshade. Fsr didn’t seem to work for me and my log files suggested it wasn’t loading at all but I intend to revisit it when I work out my max settings to get back some performance

Last edited:
2070 super here so not 30 series either. I’m keen to have the 90fps so as I said I will be dropping the res little by little but I’d rather not have motion smoothing. This is also odd as I have it set to off and yet in fpsvr I still see around 33% reprojection status. It’s also set to off in wmr settings so I assume their is something bugged somewhere. Another trick I will attempt is running at 60hz since I’m not above 60 fps and it seems ok. Wmr is all new to me having been rift s for a year and then a two month trial of a quest 2 before I bought the g2.
with the res in steam u have it’s closer to a rift than a g2 but if it’s works for u that’s great don’t let us put u off I just think u could raise it if required. What fps r u getting and is it stable?

I am definitely going to up my resolution a bit to check what FPS I get. I think coupled with ReShade the motion reprojection isn't too bad. I have my headset to 90hz and I am getting a stable 45fps (halfed by reprojection)

I will fire up VR in a bit and run fpsvr and check what the re-projection status is for mine and let you know. Did you disable the virtual screens windows creates for the G2 ? https://forums.flightsimulator.com/...-might-help-getting-better-performance/333375

I just learned about that link yesterday but thank you for that, yeah u can def go higher with gpu usage. Or maybe its the reprojection keeping it low.
I just tried 60 hz. A stable 60 fps as expected, frametimes now green with the odd spike, gpu still around 90 and I can't see any of the white or things people complain about. Image is slightly faded but I can tweak that. I'm going to run this for a few days to test.
Fps will show that as one of yer 50 ss in steamvr might be slightly off an actual 50 and the double ss results in 30ss of the 100ss figure. Try 50ss in main svr and 100 in acc app. That will result in 50 in game and in fpsvr and see how it runs and looks?

Last edited:
Poor 3070 !?! Seriously !?
sarcasm.JPG

;)

Hello, I just got a new PC: Ryzen 3600 and RTX3060Ti.
I have a Lenovo Explorer rebranded as Medion 1440 x 1440 per Eye.
At the moment I am using the HP_60_G2 Settings from the .zip, including the Engine.ini modification, I have set 100% from Steam VR and I stopped Motions Smoothing, I get 90 FPS without problems in Single Practice, but with more cars the FPS drops around 80, quality wise the image is pretty good, but what really is pissing me off is the white writing and lines which seem to be flickering to me and are very tiring for my eyes.
I know I saw another post from an user that also has a Lenovo Explorer, I am really curious if he has the same issue with the menus and white lines. hopefully he did find a solution and he can share some setting specifically for Lenovo Explorer.

Hello, I just got a new PC: Ryzen 3600 and RTX3060Ti.
I have a Lenovo Explorer rebranded as Medion 1440 x 1440 per Eye.
At the moment I am using the HP_60_G2 Settings from the .zip, including the Engine.ini modification, I have set 100% from Steam VR and I stopped Motions Smoothing, I get 90 FPS without problems in Single Practice, but with more cars the FPS drops around 80, quality wise the image is pretty good, but what really is pissing me off is the white writing and lines which seem to be flickering to me and are very tiring for my eyes.
I know I saw another post from an user that also has a Lenovo Explorer, I am really curious if he has the same issue with the menus and white lines. hopefully he did find a solution and he can share some setting specifically for Lenovo Explorer.
Heh, unfortunately while ACC is a great GT sim it is probably the worst optimised for VR to the point where I have given up even with a 6800XT.

To reduce flicker I find ramping up MSAA works best in other sims and keeping your headsets fps at its Hz rate ie 90.

You might want to check out AMD FidelityFX (which works on Nvida cards as well) to get a nice boost either in fps or graphics quality but it does cause more flicker so maybe not the right solution for you.

Alternatively take a look at the original Assetto Corsa or Automobilista 2 if you haven't already which should both work great with your headset.

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately I have to make it work, as it is the sim of choice for the community league that I am participating to.
I bought this PC especially for ACC so I can play in VR.
I installed fpsVR, what a great tool to see live how your GPU and framerate is doing, I have 90 FPS (native for my Explorer) very constant and the GPU is at 75% Load with the G2_60_Settings, only if I could make the menus writing not to be so hard on the eyes.
I still need to get into some races and wet conditions to see how bad it gets ...

• Deleted member 197115

You can either force reprojection or switch to 60hz mode. Neither is ideal but better than jarring FPS fluctuation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I did some Prequal on a server with 5-6 cars around, I monitored the FPS with fpsVR and it is constant 90 without any problems, GPU at around 75%, CPU no problem.
Still have to do some races with many AI to see how it goes.
Only problem so far is the HUD and menus which annoy my eyes a little, any way to fix that? I saw in vrSettings.json there are some other options for RaceMenu, GameMenu, has anybody experimented with that?
I will post the JSON with my actual Settings now, I have 100% SS manually set from SteamVR.
I also disabled the ACC screen Mirror, but did not test it, I'm curious how much will that spare from my GPU Load.

You can either force reprojection or switch to 60hz mode. Neither is ideal but better than jarring FPS fluctuation.
Hi Andrew
I've been out of the game far too long, and reinstalled my Odyssey+ yesterday. Do we still have to change some parameters in some windows files do improve the Odyssey+ image quality? do you remember which file was it?

As a side note, I now have a gpu much much faster than my old 1080ti and I was amused to see ACC is still, well, crap. They just dont care do they..

• Deleted member 197115

Hi Andrew
I've been out of the game far too long, and reinstalled my Odyssey+ yesterday. Do we still have to change some parameters in some windows files do improve the Odyssey+ image quality? do you remember which file was it?

As a side note, I now have a gpu much much faster than my old 1080ti and I was amused to see ACC is still, well, crap. They just dont care do they..
Not anymore, but for Odyssey you want to set Quality to High Performance in WMR Portal, due to some bug it makes image quite sharper. I know, doesn't make sense.

Not anymore, but for Odyssey you want to set Quality to High Performance in WMR Portal, due to some bug it makes image quite sharper. I know, doesn't make sense.
Thanks!

Aside from your engine.ini, what else are you using to speed up the game?

I am seeing people claiming to run everything on Epic in VR and I am scratching my head how is that possible.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back