Share your VR graphic settings

Use 80 hz and then turn on asw in tray tool. U could prob use 120 I would have thought…
use reshade and turn down pixel density to 120, with resolution at 70 (in game settings)
fir quest 2 100% steam vr ss is fine, u want to use the oculus app resolution slider instead but what u have it at is prob good
what in game settings are u running? is hags turned off, game mode etc?
mirrors and visible cars can affect performance, set mirrors to low and mid, visible cars 10 or 12 etc

Last edited:
Use 80 hz and then turn on asw in tray tool. U could prob use 120 I would have thought…
use reshade and turn down pixel density to 120, with resolution at 70 (in game settings)
fir quest 2 100% steam vr ss is fine, u want to use the oculus app resolution slider instead but what u have it at is prob good
what in game settings are u running? is hags turned off, game mode etc?
mirrors and visible cars can affect performance, set mirrors to low and mid, visible cars 10 or 12 etc

Thanks Marcella!

I did some Googling, I was not aware of tray tool. I will download this.

Reshade is another thing I did not know about. I will download this too and look around for information on how to use it.

In game: I am doing a practice, no other cars, Spa, time is 22:00, Lamborghini Huracan.

Settings: Every option is as low as it can go or turned off

What is HAGS? I could not find this option.

Your very welcome.
Here is reshade, read the read me lol.

Hags—- right click on your desktop and select display settings. Next, scroll to the bottom and click “Graphics settings”. You will then see an option to toggle Hardware Accelerated GPU Settings (HAGs) on and off.

u should not need to have everything low but it’s a good place to start for performance issues. Then gradually increase them one by one until happy.
with Andrews ini is also a video settings file u can use called g2new but don’t let that put u off it’s a good baseline of in game settings to use.

The kunos forum has a vr section with a lot of advice also.
I’d suggest u change time of day to noon, less gpu taxation. Clear skies also.

Last edited:
Also double check that steam resolution is def at 100%. Mine was set to 150 default until I lowered it. Always use the oculus app instead. Also in tray tool u can change the bitrate and other settings. I use asw on, bitrate 500. Distortion curve low. There’s also a hack where u can reduce the fov to gain in performance, 0.80 and 0.66 I believe are the settings for fov but I didn’t really see any gains from this. Use oculus tray tool as some people have issues with debug tool actualisating the changes. U also need to restart the oculus home app after making changes or they don’t take effect.

also is nvidia on latest driver? And don’t run MSI or anything at the same time. Fpsvr seems ok to run for me.

Final thought, have u tried just running the game with oculus to see if it’s a steam vr problem?

Last edited:
Also double check that steam resolution is def at 100%. Mine was set to 150 default until I lowered it. Always use the oculus app instead. Also in tray tool u can change the bitrate and other settings. I use asw on, bitrate 500. Distortion curve low. There’s also a hack where u can reduce the fov to gain in performance, 0.80 and 0.66 I believe are the settings for fov but I didn’t really see any gains from this. Use oculus tray tool as some people have issues with debug tool actualisating the changes. U also need to restart the oculus home app after making changes or they don’t take effect.

also is nvidia on latest driver? And don’t run MSI or anything at the same time. Fpsvr seems ok to run for me.

Final thought, have u tried just running the game with oculus to see if it’s a steam vr problem?
I solved the problem...
There were two loose screws on the processor cooling fan. It was not tightly attached and as a result temps reached 100+ celsius and performance was throttled.
With this fixed it is an entirely different machine and comfortably runs ACC.
Thank you for all of your suggestions!

So, this is a shot in the dark but i know its a busy post for vr stuff ;)
My Odyssey plus cable is screwed, cant find one to buy anywhere, im wondering if anyone has an old non functioning Samsung headset with other than a cable fault they would be willing to sell or be relieved of.
Cant really afford to splash out on a replacement headset right now so needs to be a cable.
If you have one to sell or know where to buy one (uk) i would be eternally grateful (eternally, hmm, maybe not quite, but would be very).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So, this is a shot in the dark but i know its a busy post for vr stuff ;)
My Odyssey plus cable is screwed, cant find one to buy anywhere, im wondering if anyone has an old non functioning Samsung headset with other than a cable fault they would be willing to sell or be relieved of.
Cant really afford to splash out on a replacement headset right now so needs to be a cable.
If you have one to sell or know where to buy one (uk) i would be eternally grateful (eternally, hmm, maybe not quite, but would be very).

Thanks in advance.
Probably get more views in the computech forum, there are active VR threads in there.
Have you tried contacting Samsung. I don't know how old the odyssey is but you should still have some sort of warranty or right to get new cables. The website says contact them for cable issues.

If your in Europe look up your consumer rights.

Actually... it used to be that way. But ReshadeVR changed everything. ACC on my system (a beefy one, I admit) + Index now kicks ass of every other VRsims in terms of visuals/performance. Eyecandy rockstable 80Hz everywhere
------
I spent months tweaking my system, the engine.ini, whatever, just to be clear. But now I have no need to touch anything, found the Grail finally.
Can you share your settings? engine.ini, video settings etc?

I'm on a 3080, AMD 5900x and an Index and struggling to get a smooth 80hz.

Remove txt from extension.
Thank you so much for the tweak. Been playing ACC for several months and never found any graphics settings my pc could run unless having an ugly ass looking through the headset. This engine is clearly not made for simracing, but this tweak made my day. MUCH MUCH clearer image, more saturated colors and all that without sacrifacing fps. Thank you man, this is a great one for starting point.

My rig for those could be interested in :

Quest 2 wired (x1.4 in oculus settings, 70% resolution and 160 pixel density in ACC)
amd 3600 @4.6Ghz
16Go ram 3600mhz
previoulsy MSI 1080 gaming x plus / now 6700 xt

I got almost 60 fps constant

Last edited:
Anybody tried this yet...

This hack implements AMDs answer to DLSS which is called FidelityFX on OpenVR and is effectively a drag and drop for Unity and Unreal games

I haven't tried it as I'm off VR for a bit, but according to reports it has significantly improved the performance of some GPU heavy VR games.

Edit: For clarification this should work on Nvidia cards as well as AMD cards.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm using this in any title that it works on. Using the 0.67 render scale and pushing up my SteamVR SS as far as the new found performance will allow. You will see some image degradation if you don't balance the tool with extra SS, but if you're really struggling for frames, you can use it with the same SS you are currently if you can tolerate the lower image quality. You really don't want to go below the "Quality" setting (the aforementioned 0.67 render scale is considered quality) if you're just searching for frames and not increasing your supersampling.

Really wanted to say thank you to everyone contributing to this thread. Between the ReShade setting shared here and the work done by @Andrew_WOT and @NuScorpii I managed to get some fairly decent settings going.

That being said I am still struggling to get the image to be less blurry when the objects are a bit further away. I was hoping that someone here would be able to provide some guidance :D on what I could try and tune. I end up with the shadows having some lines through them and in the distance sharp edges become jagged and blurry. I just can't see to figure out what I need to adjust.

Resolution: 1920x1080
SteamVR SS: 50%

CPU: i9 9980HK
GPU: RTX2080 8GB
RAM: 32 GB
VR Headset: HP Reverb G2

ReShade Preset: Adrellias_WIP_CAS.ini
ACC Graphics Settings: Current.json

Would greatly like any guidance :D anyone has, or if you have the similar setup with the G2 if you could share your settings :)

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Adrellias_WIP_CAS.ini
    1 KB · Views: 88
  • Current.json
    991 bytes · Views: 87
@ARC_Marcella thanks that did help clear it up some :) I did discover something else though. Not sure if anyone else wants to test and share.

I use steamvr beta at the moment. In this I have enabled per-application settings, and for ACC I have configured my SS at 50%, turns out that this setting doesn't work the way I expected and there is some jankiness with how it works with the overal steam SS setting.

I have now configured the steam SS at 50% this used to be at a 100% for SteamVR itself originally. It almost looks like the per application SS takes the SS for SteamVR and then applies ontop of that resolution. Its weird as hell. In any case It looks way way better now with 50% set on both.

@ARC_Marcella thanks that did help clear it up some :) I did discover something else though. Not sure if anyone else wants to test and share.

I use steamvr beta at the moment. In this I have enabled per-application settings, and for ACC I have configured my SS at 50%, turns out that this setting doesn't work the way I expected and there is some jankiness with how it works with the overal steam SS setting.

I have now configured the steam SS at 50% this used to be at a 100% for SteamVR itself originally. It almost looks like the per application SS takes the SS for SteamVR and then applies ontop of that resolution. Its weird as hell. In any case It looks way way better now with 50% set on both.
Wouldn't 50 in both show 25ss in fpsvr? I'm running 82ss in steamvr and 48 in game which I think works OK. 82 is what steam vr suggests I believe, the in game I'm still tweaking. But 50 in steamvr looks terrible for me

Last edited:
Wouldn't 50 in both show 25ss in fpsvr? I'm running 82ss in steamvr and 48 in game which I think works OK. 82 is what steam vr suggests I believe, the in game I'm still tweaking. But 50 in steamvr looks terrible for me
So I did some more testing and hopefully I can explain it a bit better :) I am not using fpsvr, I just enabled FPS in ACC hud to ensure no third party tool is impacting the FPS count, and for monitoring frame timing I am using the SteamVR graph.

So I am using a HP Reverb G2 for me the 100% in SteamVR (not per application VR setting) makes the resolution 3168x3092 and for 50% it is 2240x2184 (See attached SteamVRSSat images)

If I just adjust the SteamVR SS while leaving the per applications SS at 50% the resolution for per application SS changes. its derived from SteamVR SS.

For me the performance impact was due to the SteamVR SS being 100% meant my pc was rendering at 3168x3092 then it was being sampled down later to the per app SS. I am guessing that SteamVR 100% for you is a lower resolution if we have different headsets. I also tried with enabling and disabling motion re-projection (Motion Smoothing forced on) in steamvr. Currently playing with it on.

The PerAppSS screenshots below show the change if I set SteamVR to 100% vs 50%. I am also using Reshade at the moment which does make for a sharper image. But I did first try to get it as sharp as I could with the SteamVR SS, Engine.ini and Video settings. From there I added reshade to the mix.

Attachments

• PerAppSS50.PNG
    PerAppSS50.PNG
    100.2 KB · Views: 152
  • PerAppSS100.PNG
    PerAppSS100.PNG
    92.5 KB · Views: 153
  • SteamVRssat50.PNG
    SteamVRssat50.PNG
    172.8 KB · Views: 136
  • SteamVRSSat100.PNG
    SteamVRSSat100.PNG