Share your VR graphic settings

• Deleted member 197115

There is a thing called G9, also from Samsung, that fixed all VR issues for me in ACC and everywhere else. :)
Highly recommend.

ahah yes, I feel what you are saying. I also purchased a 55" 120hz TV and gave up on VR years ago. But I never sold it and now I have a 6900XT so I thought of giving it another try.

• Deleted member 197115

There is also a game called Automobilista 2, that actually runs perfect in VR instead of ACC. So that you don't have to give up the VR experience. :)
Highly recommend.
Not really, not on G2. They all work fine at 60hz though.
Plus I am more interested in sim racing and this is ACC subforum.

N7gBzIu.gif

Look at the fps when a car passes by me

100% Steamvr
60% scaling and 140% pixel density.
Andrew engine.ini and most settings either medium or low.
Game looks and shimmers like a PS3 game.

You would say I have a potato PC judging by that video. Its an 6900XT with a 5ghz 9900K with DDR4 4000mhz.

Not really, not on G2. They all work fine at 60hz though.
Plus I am more interested in sim racing and this is ACC subforum.

Hmm runs like a dream on the G2 here (3080TI) @ 90hz/fps no reprojection. REALLY sharp with the sharpness tweaks. ACC is a completely different story, it really needs DLSS or other improvements.. really tried everything. I just wanted to share it with you all here :) ACC is great too of course but I'm even more a fan of AMS2 atm, and this game really needs more drivers... and in VR it's really a miracle, nothing comes close atm imo.

Here is my last settings with the v1.5.2 version (more optimization thanks to this update and to Oculus firmware update too).
Now i can run at 100 in Resolution Scale, turn on and High the volumetric fog (great in night with rain).

test it and tell me how it's works for you.

I repeat, this settings are for my setup : 1080ti / i7 / rift s
Hello and thank you first of all. Thanks to your tutorial and settings I can play with ACC 40fps & 25ms with no frame drops. Here are the specs of my pc and the data from my tests:
AMD Ryzen 3600 + AMD Radeon RX6800 (S.A.M. Enabled) + MSI B450 Tomahawk max + SSD M2 500GB + 16Gb (8Gbx2) @3600 + Oculus Rift S

Tested offline with SS 1.7 set on OTT with these combos:
- Monza, 29 AI cars, time 4:00, heavy rain;
- Spa, 29 AI cars, time 13:00, heavy rain;
- Brands Hatch, 29 AI cars, time 4:00, monsoon.

I have yet to test it online but I think there are no problems. I suggest you create a new thread dedicated to Rift/Rift S owners with your files and tutorial to make it easier to find your solution (I've read all the pages of this thread and tested every file until I found yours) and possibly post related tests. Thank you again!

Hey. I didnt know where to post it, but I found something intresting. For some time I couldnt find good reprojection ratio - during Assetto Corsa runs it was very unstable (Picture 1).

Today I found that if I play AC and that window with game is OUT of focus graph finnaly looks like it supposed. (Picture 2)

Now after Loading car setup I just click out of AC window and game is smooth like never. If I click mouse inside AC window problem appears immediately!

Spec: CSP 1.76 preview92, SOL 2.2. alpha13, Samsung Odyssey, OpenXR for WMR
GTX1080Ti, i7-7700K, 32GB RAM

EDIT: Looks like HAGS was causig framedrops, and from the other side had turn off Reprojection in WMR for SteamVR. Now it again runs as should.

Attachments

• Screenshot_136.jpg
    Screenshot_136.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_137.jpg
    Screenshot_137.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Hello, just wanted to share my settings so we can tweak them and maybe do it even better
-Asseto corsa comeptizione
-hp reverb pro gen1 (reporojec off 86% steam resolution 2044x2000 per eye) 90hz
in game ;

70 % image scale
view distance - epic
shadows and shadow distance -high
AA FIL - KTAA
AA.-epic
Effects-high
Post proc-low
Foliage-mid
textures-high
mirors low- 30fps lock - 70meters distance
opponents visibil- 12
vr pixel density - 160%
materials qual-high
Fog disabled, bloom and foliage lod -Low
-Advanced shapren filter Enabled so i let shaprnes on 100%

Tested locked 90fps on 8 opponents, night and rain also 90% time locked 90fps some drops to 85-88 fps 10-13ms
GPU cca 72-75 c temp with 88-93/94 usage and CPU 78c
PC specs;
-ryzen 5 5600x (some lc cc 120 cooler) oc 4800 single boost all core 4500mhz with just pbo + 150 autooc
-b550 asrockphantom gaming 4
-4x8gb ddr4 gskill ripjaw oc 3200mhz cl14-16-16-32 1.42v
-m2 ssd 500gb
-1tb ssd mx curical (game on it i think)
-seasonic 650w gold
-Rtx 3070ti 8gb ddr6x eagle ( oc cca +80mhz (ingame 2000mhz boost) and memory (19500MHZ) @1.031v in game boost with little undervolt so it goes 75c in vr -previusly was over 80c

Im using someones engine.ini (andrew wot i think)

Last edited:
Here are my Settings for Lenovo Explorer on CPU: 3600, GPU:3060Ti and Steam VR SS 100%.
I am at my third race including also a night race and it is running at 90 FPS without problems.
Quality is not the best but the framerate is very smooth even at start with 30-40 cars even if there is a slight FPS drop,
it does not hinder my driving.
Huge improvement in lap times for me, I was not able to drive competitive lap times on my TV at 60 FPS because of lag before, now I am head to head to my opponents, most of them running triples or the Samsung G9.

PS: I highly recommend to buy and use fpsVR all the time while testing and check the CPU and GPU load, currently my GPU stays at around 75%, unfortunately even if it does not show in fpsVR, it seems that the CPU is limiting me to go even higher with the settings.
What I would really like to have at the moment is a Virtual Mirror, I find the mirror in the BMW M6 GT3 really small and you can't really see enough especially when close racing.

Attachments

• Explorer_3060ti_Race.json
    1,023 bytes · Views: 107
Last edited:
I know this isnt the popular opinion, but with my G2 and my 3090 i have every thing fully maxed out (and I mean everything), with WMR motion projection always on and the game is as smooth as butter for me. Like most, i was completely against 45 fps but I honestly cant tell the differenct anymore. Everything is smooth and looks fan-frickin-tastic. And my steam SS is at 100. I even have head room to bump up the SS to around 110. The only time i notice the motion reprojection is in replays when the passing cars are a little jittery. While driving i cant tell. Transformed VR for me honestly. I was being stubborn at first because i had the 3090 and felt too elite for 45 fps. Man Im glad i got over that.

I know this isnt the popular opinion, but with my G2 and my 3090 i have every thing fully maxed out (and I mean everything), with WMR motion projection always on and the game is as smooth as butter for me. Like most, i was completely against 45 fps but I honestly cant tell the differenct anymore. Everything is smooth and looks fan-frickin-tastic. And my steam SS is at 100. I even have head room to bump up the SS to around 110. The only time i notice the motion reprojection is in replays when the passing cars are a little jittery. While driving i cant tell. Transformed VR for me honestly. I was being stubborn at first because i had the 3090 and felt too elite for 45 fps. Man Im glad i got over that.
I guess those things are very personal. I for one am completely happy if framerates are above 60fps, which is a no-go for others. I am getting around 70fps most of the time across races though.

That does not mean i cannot enjoy running at 90fps, but it is not a must for me. What i cannot stand is too blurry graphics though.

Last edited:
I guess those things are very personal. I for one am completely happy if framerates are above 60fps, which is a no-go for others. I am getting around 70fps most of the time across races though.

That does not mean i cannot enjoy running at 90fps, but it is not a must for me. What i cannot stand is too blurry graphics though.
Yah for whatever reason onky 45 and 90 are smooth for me. Without reprojection locked its too jittery even though Im getting over 70 fps. And changing the headset refresh rate to 60 doesnt feel smooth either.. weird. But for whatever reason, the game is no longer blurry for me when fully maxed out.

What scale resolution and pixel density are you running?

Like yourself i lock it to 45. With a fixation on the track/centre it's hard to notice the trackside motion blur. I have the exact same setup as yourself with FSR giving me a leg up. Nothing more than the default Epic VR setup, in steam with the G2 set at 3000x3000 per eye +FSR it never drops a frame below 45.
hmm im going to try the FSR mod out. looks promising

hello guys, since this forum is quiet long i thought maybe someone could share a good starting point to tweak VR settings.

i have ryzen 7 3700x | 3060 ti | Rift s

do i aim at a stable 80 fps with some compromises or 40 fps with higher graphics settings ?

thanks

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes