Share your VR graphic settings

hello guys, since this forum is quiet long i thought maybe someone could share a good starting point to tweak VR settings.

i have ryzen 7 3700x | 3060 ti | Rift s

do i aim at a stable 80 fps with some compromises or 40 fps with higher graphics settings ?

thanks
volumetric fog off, static/low fps mirror, limit max visible cars to 12-15, anti aliasing off, these are biggest fps hits imo

Hello everyone
with a pc with 3080ti or 3090 with the Andrew Wot file is it worth it for this acc in vr?

thanks for the support.

Hi, i can still play with a G2 at 100% res, 150 Pixel Density, pretty high settings, but at 60fps. For 90fps i would have to lower setting and res a bit. (10900k and 3090).

So, yes, it's like 40% less optimised then iRacing, but with a mega-system it's doable.

Last edited:
Hi, i can still play with a G2 at 100% res, 150 Pixel Density, pretty high settings, but at 60fps. For 90fps i would have to lower setting and res a bit. (10900k and 3090).

So, yes, it's like 40% less optimised then iRacing, but with a mega-system it's doable.
Thanks for the reply
I have a 1080ti and i7700 res 100% pixel density 110 and I like it but the game crashes many times ...
with my settings and with your pc how many fps could I do?

Does anyone else actually get LESS fps when enabling DLSS Quality than without it?

Although DLSS yields a 10% or 15% fps gain on a 3440x1440 screen (definitively less gain than for other games i own), in VR there seems to be a bug or inefficient implementation.

I am on a 3080 btw and usually enabling DLSS was a no-brainer for me, yielding between 20 and 40% more fps.

Last edited:
Does anyone else actually get LESS fps when enabling DLSS Quality than without it?

Although DLSS yields a 10% or 15% fps gain on a 3440x1440 screen (definitively less gain than for other games i own), in VR there seems to be a bug or inefficient implementation.

I am on a 3080 btw and usually enabling DLSS was a no-brainer for me, yielding between 20 and 40% more fps.
The main problem for me is that DLSS renders the images for the left eye and right eye slightly differently and even the slightest of such differences are clearly visible in VR and make it really uncomfortable. I have a significant increase of smoothness and video performance by DLSS(3080ti), but that makes it unusable for VR imo. So sad.

Last edited:
The main problem for me is that DLSS renders the images for the left eye and right eye slightly differently and even the slightest of such differences are clearly visible in VR and make it really uncomfortable. I have a significant increase of smoothness and video performance by DLSS(3080ti), but that makes it unusable for VR imo. So sad.
So you are saying, that you are getting the advertised performance boost with DLSS?

For me the performance drops around 10% when enabling DLSS on my 3080. I have tried the following but to now avail:

- revert to original Engine.ini
- try stock VR Low/High profiles
- same performance hit for FSR

For me the best solution is (Ryzen 3900XT + Raden 6900XT + Pimax 5K):
1) disable ACC FSR
2) Standard engine.ini
3) reinstall open_FSR_V2.0
4) Use open_FSR standard setting

Pitools 100% - SteamVR 66% and ACC 150%

The game is more stable, gain 5-7 FPS and more detailed....

Last edited:
So you are saying, that you are getting the advertised performance boost with DLSS?

For me the performance drops around 10% when enabling DLSS on my 3080. I have tried the following but to now avail:

- revert to original Engine.ini
- try stock VR Low/High profiles
- same performance hit for FSR
Yes I do get a performance boost, the movement is much softer, no framerate hacking any more, but unfortunately not useable due to the slightly different images for the right and left eye.

Anybody can explain why the game looks so bad outside of the car? In the car itself everything looks stunning and sharp. The road itself and curbs look good and natural. But the trees look terrible, very dark green and super blurry and ugly. Usually I dont care about trees in games but here they stand out so bad. Also objects around the track look very blurry. Colors look very off. Everything looks like painted with wax crayons.

I just got a 3080 Ti and playing on the Reverb G2. Even at 135% ingame upscaling (Steam VR 50%) it looks weird and very blurry. I am not complaining about FPS.

Assetto Corsa looks like heaven and maxed graphics out (reflections low) GPU is only at 60% usage while in Steam VR I use 100% SS. Trees, objects around the track etc. look great in comparison. AMS2 also looks great in comparison. Very clear vision in and outside the car.

Why run steam vr ss at 50 on your gpu? Put that on 100 and see how u go, u will def see an improvement

Also are u aware u can now bypass steam vr altogether?

Colours - have a play with all the options at the very bottom of video menu, change from aces to default definitely and turn down the saturation for a less cartoony effect

Last edited:
Why run steam vr ss at 50 on your gpu? Put that on 100 and see how u go, u will def see an improvement

Also are u aware u can now bypass steam vr altogether?

Colours - have a play with all the options at the very bottom of video menu, change from aces to default definitely and turn down the saturation for a less cartoony effect
All right, that helped. Looks way better now. I set Steam VR SS to 50% globally because some games cant handle more and I set ACC game specific setting to 200%. Wich must be the same as 100% Steam VR SS I guess? Or does Steam VR SS 100% serve better quality than my setting?

I had to turn on motion smoothing because it could not hold the 90 FPS and you can instantly feel drops to 80 FPS. Motion smoothing locked at 45 FPS does not feel as smooth as 90 FPS but it does the job. With motion smoothing on, GPU usage dropped to 60%. Anti Aliasing and drawing distance is set to epic, other things like textures, shadows etc. are mostly set to medium. I did not expect ACC to run decent on a 3080 Ti on a Reverb G2.

FSR and DLSS look terrible. But am very interested in foveated rendering. Does that work in ACC? And what benefits do I have to bypass Steam VR? I was not aware of it.

Edit: The game menu pushes my GPU to 99%. I activated game menu FPS limiter but it does not help. Is there a way to reduce the load?

Edit: Ok after reading this, I set Steam VR SS to 100% and then reduce resolution if needed in game specific setting.

Last edited:
All right, that helped. Looks way better now. I set Steam VR SS to 50% globally because some games cant handle more and I set ACC game specific setting to 200%. Wich must be the same as 100% Steam VR SS I guess? Or does Steam VR SS 100% serve better quality than my setting?

I had to turn on motion smoothing because it could not hold the 90 FPS and you can instantly feel drops to 80 FPS. Motion smoothing locked at 45 FPS does not feel as smooth as 90 FPS but it does the job. With motion smoothing on, GPU usage dropped to 60%. Anti Aliasing and drawing distance is set to epic, other things like textures, shadows etc. are mostly set to medium. I did not expect ACC to run decent on a 3080 Ti on a Reverb G2.

FSR and DLSS look terrible. But am very interested in foveated rendering. Does that work in ACC? And what benefits do I have to bypass Steam VR? I was not aware of it.

Edit: The game menu pushes my GPU to 99%. I activated game menu FPS limiter but it does not help. Is there a way to reduce the load?

Edit: Ok after reading this, I set Steam VR SS to 100% and then reduce resolution if needed in game specific setting.
I’d use the Andrew_wot engine and g2 presets from the big vr thread in this acc section,
Post in thread 'Share your VR graphic settings'
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/post-3345847
but raise resolution in game to 80. Go with a PD in game of 120 and see how far u can push steam vr ss. The aim would be not to drop below 90fps or activate re projection except on lap one of a big grid etc. but I repeat, are u aware u can now bypass steam vr altogether? the thread and files are on the kunos acc forum, vr section.

You also have an in game option to limit frames if pushing graphics too high

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes