Share your VR graphic settings

Anyone know how to get rid of the HUD that shows the goals and stuff in VR? I've disabled all the HUD elements from the menus but I can't seem to find an option to turn this one off. It's the one that tells you if you're on a clean lap, etc.

I've just fired up ACC today for the first time and yeah pretty mortified with the VR experience. Top end hardware here too. Hopefully it improves. Had a nice time actually driving some of the cars.

Oh, and also what about the mirror image on the monitor? I NEVER use this in any other sim and was hoping to turn this off to get some performance back. Anywhere I can look to disable the mirror on the monitor while in VR?

vrsettings.json located in documents/assettocorsacompetizione/config "spectatorScreenMode": 0

Just abit of info from Kunos dev... Hopefully a fix is not too far away :)

"To give you more insight:

For 1.0, we implemented a fix in the Temporal Aliasing that vastly reduces ghosting (the previous number-one enemy) at the expense of an overall worse AA efficiency in movement. While it works well in regular 2D mode, in VR this has amplified drawbacks.
Currently we are working towards implementing settings that will allow you to choose between the two methods without sacrificing one group of users to another."

Could you please provide us the link to your quote from the developers Statement.

Can someone please help with settings, running a 8600K with 16GB ddr4 and gtx 1080, using oculus rift.
The biggest problem is that it’s blurry, what options is the first ones to change for VR? I haven’t changed anything in the engine.ini file

The one at the bottom, VR pixel density.
Change this to around 130 and everything is much clearer.
Unfortunately this also creates an issue, in that all the HUD is hidden by the car framework/interior.

I have heard you can adjust it through Oculus Tools, but never tried this yet.

The VR has been optimized in v1.0, I can put more parameter in HIGH and I turn well in 45Fps. I also find the image sharper, smoother. Finally for me there is only this problem of anti-aliasing on trees and borders that flickers when you move your head.

Is it a lack of optimization of the anti aliasing in the game ?
Is this a bug of Unreal Engine 4 ?
A bug of the latest nvidia driver ?
Can you solve this problem via engine.ini?

is your buttonbox detected ? mine no, I can't assign a key.

Hello @fabhdz ,

I have not the same result on vr like you, it's blurry and ....
Could you send your nVidia 3D settings and engine.ini ?

Thank you !

Hoping someone can help me.

I'd all but given up on the title, but after the last update I went back to try again, didn't change any of the settings I had and it was running much clearer on a 1080ti Rift S set up (previously everything was looking like they'd smeared a layer of vaseline over it).

However, now it looks a bit like I'm crossing my eyes a little bit, the images feel like they're overlapping a little, not like the clarity I have in running AC or iRacing, for instance.

Try playing with the AA type. Try temporal first, it is what they recommend for VR users. I myself am using this now and the image is much improved over previous builds. I haven't had a cross-eyed effect really in the title itself but I do find VR in general gives me this feeling when I take off the headset. Not sure what causes it.

Last edited:
Do others have major issues at night? I tried Spa the other day and was probably getting ~20 FPS through Eau Rouge - that's not workable obviously. I sort of thought the big benefit of this deferred renderer was that multiple light sources weren't supposed to be much of a performance hit. During the day it's okay (running with ASW forced on, which I expect is about the best I can do with my 1070). Curious whether it's even worth my time to test different settings.

Do others have major issues at night? I tried Spa the other day and was probably getting ~20 FPS through Eau Rouge - that's not workable obviously. I sort of thought the big benefit of this deferred renderer was that multiple light sources weren't supposed to be much of a performance hit. During the day it's okay (running with ASW forced on, which I expect is about the best I can do with my 1070). Curious whether it's even worth my time to test different settings.
No problem at night, I think I gain ~5 fps more, I check it with my 1070
Use my settings in page 16 if you want to try

Thanks, that definitely helped. It's still not exactly smooth but at least I can drive with it now.

Edit: After some more playing around I did see a noticeable improvement by turning r.ShadowQuality down to 3. Makes the shadows a bit blurry, but I can live with that.

Last edited:
I can’t get this to run on my pimax 5k+

I can launch the game into the hmd but within a few seconds everything starts flickering hard and becomes unusable. Is there a way to “reset everything” to scratch.

Hello,

did some engine tweaking again.

[ConsoleVariables]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.tonemapper.quality=5
r.SeparateTranslucency=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.BlurGBuffer=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.Quality=1
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.streaming.MipBias=-2
r.mipmaplodbias=-2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledReflectionEnvironmentMinimumCount=10
r.TranslucencyLightingVolume=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=24
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=2
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.CustomDepth=0

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False
r.EarlyZPass=1
r.EarlyZPassMovable=True

In Assetto Corsa Competizione Video settings enable Advanced Sharpen Filter and set Sharpen to 240% (my liking). Also enable temporal upsample. Set Antialiasing to temporal and epic. All other settings you may have to vary, depending on your system.

Would like to hear from you, if you`re getting sharp and exceptable results. Since i set currentframeweight to 0.2, it could be a bit more flickering, but it will be more sharpen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back