Share your VR graphic settings

I had very bad stuttering using your steam ss settings. By turning off super sampling filter in steam vr and setting ss to 100% in steam with 170% ingame it wasnt playable.

Ok mate thanks for you feedback, what's your config ???
Make a copy of your engine.ini file and use my settings to have a try
I've updated my settings with 100% SS on SteamVR and 170% in-game and it's smooth, let's try again after a close of the game because sometime the game still some buggy state I don't know why thanks Kunos again

I've updated my settings with 100% SS on SteamVR and 170% in-game and it's smooth, let's try again after a close of the game because sometime the game still some buggy state I don't know why thanks Kunos again

Will try again. Perhaps it was laggy because i had no restart with your setting.

I also have an 1070, so it should be similiar (i5 9600k OCed).

The VR has been optimized in v1.0, I can put more parameter in HIGH and I turn well in 45Fps. I also find the image sharper, smoother. Finally for me there is only this problem of anti-aliasing on trees and borders that flickers when you move your head.

Is it a lack of optimization of the anti aliasing in the game ?
Is this a bug of Unreal Engine 4 ?
A bug of the latest nvidia driver ?
Can you solve this problem via engine.ini?

is your buttonbox detected ? mine no, I can't assign a key.

The only thing I haven't tried is an old Nvida driver.

I've tried the latest and the previous one.

It's a shame because I really like ACC but I think I m going to have to do my racing elsewhere for now. My eyes take ages to adjust after taking the HMD off while it's in this state.

Have tried again with system restart and it was better. Much better looking with engine.ini and 170% in-game SS, but I still had stutters in-game. Best noticeable in druids, brands hatch. I think it came from 170% SS and not from engine.ini but have to check it again to be sure. Also might have to lower SS and do some tests.

Have tried again with system restart and it was better. Much better looking with engine.ini and 170% in-game SS, but I still had stutters in-game. Best noticeable in druids, brands hatch. I think it came from 170% SS and not from engine.ini but have to check it again to be sure. Also might have to lower SS and do some tests.
Ok mate !
I'm from a clean install of the game + clean steamvr + clean WMR portal + clean lastest nVidia driver and Win10 build 1903
It may be important to know about your issue with some stutters

cheers ! I'm switching to non-VR game because I'm waiting a good update to solve a lot of thing like hud and stuff

Last edited:
If its choppy for you and you are Opted IN to SteamVR Beta and/or The WMR for steam Beta try Opting OUT of both.
I was getting a ton of glitches lately in ACC i think some of it started before the 1.0 release but with 1.0 it got so much worse. So basically I tried all the suggested fixes. Latest drivers, Clean install of acc deleting all files from all locations, engine tweaks ect. ect. and it wouldn't stop being really choppy. sometimes it looked like flashes of different direction than where i was looking like 1 or 2 frames. kinda looked like it was having tracking issues or something. It still looks pixelated but at least its smooth. Sorta like a more polished turd now :p

Last edited:
I had a lookup for the vibrating and flickering in Oculus Rift while head movement and i'm getting the conclusion, that we won't be able to do anything about it. It's the temporal antialising (TAA), that is doing a bad job in VR. TAA is good for non-VR games and renders a smooth picture onto normal LCD Displays, but in VR it behaves the opposite. Especially on Silverstone, you can see the extreme flickering while moving your head on fences, grandstands and curbs. The only good solution is getting Multisample Antialiasing (MSAA) build within the deferred renderer engine. That is possible, but Kunos has to rewrite every material and set up a tiled deferred renderer or they implement a forward renderer like the most common VR title have it. You can test the Forward Renderer by adding r.forwardshading=1, but everything is going to be very dark. That's because Kunos uses dynamic lighting for nearly everything in ACC, but this is hard to implement into a forward renderer. There for you need stationary lighting.

So, I think, we'll have to live with it. I don't think Kunos will change it.

The only thing that will help a little is to set Anisotropy on 16x with the command r.maxanisotropy=16.

And if anyone ask: nope, I'm no programmer, i won't be able to do this. I just searched the internet for explanation for this behaviour.

Last edited:
I don't think it's just VR which is useful in terms of getting a fix quicker ... Lots of lower Res monitor users seem to be piping up now...

However a combination of hotfix 1.0.1 and not being in n Steam beta seems to have improved my situation somewhat.

The first thing I noticed about not being in Steam beta is I don't have to recenter every time I launch the sim.

UPDATED: 31/05/19
Hi guys ! (sorry for my english, I'm french:laugh:)

For some people who have the same config like me and wanted to have rock stable 90fps / 45 with ASW for a good start in VR mode (after you can upgrade some options for more antialiasing and less blurry)

Base: 16GB of RAM with a Intel Core i7-4770 (stock) and GTX 1070 (stock) with WMR (windows mixed reality) headset Lenovo Explorer

Nvidia Control Panel :
Pre-frame rendered in VR: 1
Power plan: Power

SteamVR :
Video > set resolution to 100%
Developper: Turn off "enable supersampling filter"

In-game settings :
Screen resolution: 1080p
Resolution scale: 100%
View distance: Mid
Shadows: Mid
Antialiasing: High
Antialiasing Type: Temporal
Effects: High
Post-processing: Mid
Folage: Low
Texture: High
Mir. view distance: 40 meters
Mir. quality: Low
Mir. resolution: Mid
Opp. visibility: 15
VR Pixel Density: 170%

Materials Quality: High
Temporal upscalling: Disabled
Bloom quality: Off
Volumetric Fog: Disabled
Folage LOD quality: Mid
HLOD: Enabled
Advanced sharpen filter: Disabled

Motion blur: Off
Saturation: 100
White balance: Neutral
Sharpness: 80%
Frame limit: Off
Camera dirt effect: 3.0
Light absorbtion: Low
Image contrast: 0.50
Exposure Gain: 0.40
Lock to horizon: 100%

File: Engine.ini located in User folder AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Put this at the end of file :

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.6
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0

A good start for new players, if you can improve it, I'm still here ;)

Thanks for this I have NO VR but it helped me with my settings a lot!
My System:
i7 7700
16gb DDR4 3000MHz
GTX 1050Ti OC

Definitely need to purchase new GPU bot for now this will do..

Just abit of info from Kunos dev... Hopefully a fix is not too far away :)

"To give you more insight:

For 1.0, we implemented a fix in the Temporal Aliasing that vastly reduces ghosting (the previous number-one enemy) at the expense of an overall worse AA efficiency in movement. While it works well in regular 2D mode, in VR this has amplified drawbacks.
Currently we are working towards implementing settings that will allow you to choose between the two methods without sacrificing one group of users to another."

Just abit of info from Kunos dev... Hopefully a fix is not too far away :)

"To give you more insight:

For 1.0, we implemented a fix in the Temporal Aliasing that vastly reduces ghosting (the previous number-one enemy) at the expense of an overall worse AA efficiency in movement. While it works well in regular 2D mode, in VR this has amplified drawbacks.
Currently we are working towards implementing settings that will allow you to choose between the two methods without sacrificing one group of users to another."

This sounds really good. Maybe they'll add tiled deferred shader with the support of MSAA. They have to add MSAA!!! This is essential for us VR user! Maybe they've implemented some sort of fix in 1.0.1. I'm going to install it this evening.

This sounds really good. Maybe they'll add tiled deferred shader with the support of MSAA. They have to add MSAA!!! This is essential for us VR user! Maybe they've implemented some sort of fix in 1.0.1. I'm going to install it this evening.

They haven't included anything yet about this in v1.0.1. Would be good maybe if you head over to their support forum about the use of MSAA instead for VR. Maybe you could get some feedback from the devs.

I dont think theres any fix in 1.0.1 unfortunately. Ive been running the beta version, although its unclear, I think beta 1.0.1 and the offical 1.0.1 are the same.

Or are they? :D Clear as mud... just like the VR experience :p

Beta 1.0.1 was different to release 1.0.1
The beta version just had a fix for critical errors where release 1.0.1 has plenty of other fixes.
It’s also over 500Mb in memory too.

Some were reporting worse performance with release 1.0.1 though, so enter at your own risk.

Anyone know how to get rid of the HUD that shows the goals and stuff in VR? I've disabled all the HUD elements from the menus but I can't seem to find an option to turn this one off. It's the one that tells you if you're on a clean lap, etc.

I've just fired up ACC today for the first time and yeah pretty mortified with the VR experience. Top end hardware here too. Hopefully it improves. Had a nice time actually driving some of the cars.

Oh, and also what about the mirror image on the monitor? I NEVER use this in any other sim and was hoping to turn this off to get some performance back. Anywhere I can look to disable the mirror on the monitor while in VR?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years