Share your VR graphic settings

Exactly the same problem here, and i have no solution :(

Here's what I've done so far (in order):
- Deleted ACC from steam and re-installed it - Did not work
- Renamed my documents ACC folder incase any old settings carried over - Did not work
- Went into ACC via flat screen to reset settings - Did not work

At this stage, there's not much more I can reasonably do.

@Pheebau Thanks for your help! I finally got the menus and hud working correctly. As you said the key thing was to centre via pressing menu on the hand controller. (Ive never had to do that in any other sim)...

I'll try your graphic settings later to try and make look a little bit less 1980's :)

Here's what I've done so far (in order):
- Deleted ACC from steam and re-installed it - Did not work
- Renamed my documents ACC folder incase any old settings carried over - Did not work
- Went into ACC via flat screen to reset settings - Did not work

At this stage, there's not much more I can reasonably do.

Yesterday i tried to delete mydocuments/acc and launch the game directly from Stream without openning pitool and Stream VR.. and it work.

i'm gonna re-test it today when i'll be back home

Yesterday i tried to delete mydocuments/acc and launch the game directly from Stream without openning pitool and Stream VR.. and it work.

i'm gonna re-test it today when i'll be back home

That worked! I got the game to launch.

Can you share your settings that you're running in Pitools/steamvr/ingame when you get a chance? I'm getting a lot of microstuttering in the game when I move my head and it's giving me motion sickness. I'm wondering what's causing that.

Yeah! i'm happy for you! :D

Pitool set to "1" FFR & parallel projection "Off"
Steam VR set to "Manual" & recommanded setting (96% for my RTX2080ti)
As i remember (i will check when i'll be back) all in game settings is maxed out (maybe shadow set on medium)

Yeah! i'm happy for you! :D

Pitool set to "1" FFR & parallel projection "Off"
Steam VR set to "Manual" & recommanded setting (96% for my RTX2080ti)
As i remember (i will check when i'll be back) all in game settings is maxed out (maybe shadow set on medium)

I tried loading the game last night and the main screen with al the menus and such was 180 degrees behind me. Resetting/centering the view won't bring it infront of me. Any suggestions?

I tried loading the game last night and the main screen with al the menus and such was 180 degrees behind me. Resetting/centering the view won't bring it infront of me. Any suggestions?

i hope my English will be good but I had the same issue, after deleting the VR settings file (i'm not in front my computer but i guess in mydocuments/ACC/ ? ) and reseting my pc & the game it works.

Now i have the main screen in front of me. My neck thanks me Everyday ;)

Edit:

i powered on my main PC..
Yeah, it's in Mydoc/acc/config/ Vrsettings file

that is my settings & it works fine:

{
"mainMenuLayerDistance": 100,
"mainMenuLayerSize": 160,
"mainMenuLayerType": 1,
"raceMenuLayerDistance": 50,
"raceMenuLayerSize": 78,
"raceMenuLayerType": 1,
"hUDLayerDistance": 27,
"hUDLayerSize": 84,
"hUDLayerType": 1,
"spectatorScreenMode": 5
}

Last edited:
Ehi guys... do you know if something has been updated in ACC recently?

Today i've tried to play around with some video settings and to my own surprise just by increasing a lot the VR pixel density, up to 180%, and starting the game via Steam - Oculus VR mode, the VR experience suddenly was much much better in terms of sharpness... and to be honest veeery close if not identical to the outcome i usually get on Assetto Corsa (+ ShadersPatch and Sol of course).

I enjoyed a nice race in Misano, smooth and clear.
First time i could really concentrate on driving and dueling with the AI without being bothered by blurriness and stuff like that... i was kind of shocked.

Also because my system is not particularly hi-end (i5 from 2014, 16GB ram ddr3, GTX1070ti, SSD Hd and Oculus Rift CV1 running on Win 7 Pro Ultimate).

Anyone else noticed such improvements?

I'll try to post my in-game configs tomorrow night, if you would like to give it a try and share your feedback.

Ehi guys... do you know if something has been updated in ACC recently?

Today i've tried to play around with some video settings and to my own surprise just by increasing a lot the VR pixel density, up to 180%, and starting the game via Steam - Oculus VR mode, the VR experience suddenly was much much better in terms of sharpness... and to be honest veeery close if not identical to the outcome i usually get on Assetto Corsa (+ ShadersPatch and Sol of course).

I enjoyed a nice race in Misano, smooth and clear.
First time i could really concentrate on driving and dueling with the AI without being bothered by blurriness and stuff like that... i was kind of shocked.

Also because my system is not particularly hi-end (i5 from 2014, 16GB ram ddr3, GTX1070ti, SSD Hd and Oculus Rift CV1 running on Win 7 Pro Ultimate).

Anyone else noticed such improvements?

I'll try to post my in-game configs tomorrow night, if you would like to give it a try and share your feedback.

VR pixel density is just another name for supersampling. And yes, it makes things look clearer, but also hits performance pretty hard. Actually, more than 150% doesn't really improve things too much, so I would recommend you staying at that value. What's your GFX card?

VR pixel density is just another name for supersampling. And yes, it makes things look clearer, but also hits performance pretty hard. Actually, more than 150% doesn't really improve things too much, so I would recommend you staying at that value. What's your GFX card?

GTX1070ti (mini)... honestly I was never able to touch that slider before... yesterday i started the game from Steam in Oculus VR mode (there are 4 available now) and it was really good in the end... also with 20 cars on track... i will try 150% as you suggest, hoping to be able to perceive the possible differences and improvements

Anyway, ACC is becoming more and more enjoyable release after release... and now i can see what Kunos is trying to do...

GTX1070ti (mini)... honestly I was never able to touch that slider before... yesterday i started the game from Steam in Oculus VR mode (there are 4 available now) and it was really good in the end... also with 20 cars on track... i will try 150% as you suggest, hoping to be able to perceive the possible differences and improvements

Anyway, ACC is becoming more and more enjoyable release after release... and now i can see what Kunos is trying to do...

Well, I have a 1080Ti, and more than 150% sometimes causes stutters in high car density situations. But I also have many settings on Epic and High, only a couple on Low. Also, high VR pixel density means more probability of ASW going mad (there seems to be a glitch that causes ASW to malfunction in some situations, and you start getting double image until you reset Oculus Rift). At least thats what my experience tells me.

And this ASW glitch also happened to me in other games, like PCars2. So its not an ACC related thing.

Hey

Even with applying your settings both in game and in NVPanel I still have quite blurry picture. Especially annoying are dials on Ferrari dash for example and fact that cones on the side of the road and signs aren't clear to see.

What am I missing?

HW is: i5-8600, GTX1080 and 16 GB Ram with Odyssey+

What can, should I increase? btw, SteamVR is on 150% via Main window > Settings > Video > Enable Custom Resolution

Appreciate your response

Cheers

I'd like to share my settings for ACC VR. I spent countless hours fine tuning ACC and
Nvidia settings for ACC in VR mode over the last months - I have reached a point where am fairly satisfied with the result.
I got heavily inspired by UnionJack's contribution in this thread along with many other places
such as the ACC main forums and in particular Tberg and Coanda over there:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/page-10#post-2929864
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ate-0-2-discussion.51980/page-14#post-1001896

My hardware is:

Samsung Odyssey+
ROG Zephyrus GX501GI laptop
16GB ram ddr4
i7 8750H (6 cores) running at 3.9ghz (Cinebench score of 1257)
GTX 1080 MaxQ OC'ed (+140mhz core + 400Mhz ram)
Win 10 Pro

Pixel Density set to 1.3 (in-game ACC)

I have reduced the ghosting of TAA quite drastically and there is no side effect on the side mirrors - running in instanced stereo mode (vr.InstancedStereo) made a big difference compared to reprojection via WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) where this last one would cause FPS to dip drastically after a few laps at Nürburgring (as an example). I don't have this problem with instanced stereo mode. Am sharing the various configurations I have changed - feel free to change based on your hardware capabilities. I can sustain 45fps with instanced stereo mode and in some tracks I can do 85-90 during practice sessions).

If your hardware is struggling I would recommend removing or tuning down these settings in engine.ini :
- remove or tune the settings down for the [SystemSettings] section
- set r.LensFlareQuality=0 ( I have it at 2 for best immersion )
- set r.BloomQuality to 0 or 2 ( I have it at 4 )
- set r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim below or equal to 24 ( I have it at 48 )
- set r.TemporalAASamples=4 ( I have it at 8 which is the default for UE4)

Make sure to select the right ACC binary file name in the Nvidia control panel (i.e. ac2-win64-shipping.exe)

Hope this helps - appreciate all the feedback as I'd like to hear what people can come up with to improve performance and / or quality in VR mode.

I have attached my engine.ini and added various config settings to this post. Hope this helps.

Cheers
View attachment 296905 View attachment 296906 View attachment 296907 View attachment 296908

Hey

Even with applying your settings both in game and in NVPanel I still have quite blurry picture. Especially annoying are dials on Ferrari dash for example and fact that cones on the side of the road and signs aren't clear to see.

What am I missing?

HW is: i5-8600, GTX1080 and 16 GB Ram with Odyssey+

What can, should I increase? btw, SteamVR is on 150% via Main window > Settings > Video > Enable Custom Resolution

Appreciate your response

Cheers

Hi, I had your issue and after so much fiddling, there is slight blur with the temporal antialiasing in this unreal engine unfortunately, but here are the settings that much improved it for me, may be they make a difference for you too.
VR density in game 140%, maximum noticeable is 150 but not much and my gpu is 1070 ti.
Materials quality: epic
antialiasing: temporal: high
Turn off Upsampling and advanced sharpness in 2nd page of video settings in game.
turn off enable supersampling filter in steamvr

under C:\Users\userxx\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
in the engine file i copied from others in the thread and tweaked some:

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.6
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0

im using odyssey+ as well with steam vr supersampling at 140%.
hope that helps.

Having problems with delay in VR, the ingame steering wheel feels a bit delayed and doesn’t react as it should to the wheel in my hands. Any setting I need to change for this?

Computer is a 8600k 16gb ddr4 gtx 1080. VR is oculus rift cv1

Having problems with delay in VR, the ingame steering wheel feels a bit delayed and doesn’t react as it should to the wheel in my hands. Any setting I need to change for this?

Computer is a 8600k 16gb ddr4 gtx 1080. VR is oculus rift cv1
What steering wheel are you using?
It will be degrees of revolution. Should be 900.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%