Share your VR graphic settings

@RobertR1 I know exactly what you are talking about as I have experienced it at Hungaroring on T8 and was able to get rid of it but I changed my settings again and it came back - I keep all versions of my config settings so I will find which setting in particular got rid of it and respond when I get to it.

If you have a nVidia card, make sure Texture Filtering for anisotropic sample optimization is off - you can find this setting in the nVidia control panel - you can create a profile for ACC executable

@RobertR1 Ok found the setting - this is what got rid of the shimmering (showed in picture attached) at T8 in Hungaroring

r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0

ACC_Shimmering_Curbs.jpg

Reading this thread reminded me of those PCars2 thread about FFB with those people offering the magic FFB settings. FFB in PCars2 cannot be fixed by any magical setting. What one need to do to enjoy it is get to an acceptable setting then forget about it and enjoy the game. If that acceptable setting is a game breaker then play something else. it is what is, no endless trickering will ever make it as good or even close to whatever other FFB we have as reference,
VR in ACC, at this point is the same, I got to a point where I can enjoy driving in ACC in VR, it is good, not the best, but very nice. I am not touching it, not questioning it until we get an other update and concentrate on the great driving experience ACC is already at the 0.6.5 stage.
Any other obsessive behaviour is counterproductive and at the limit of madness.

Anyone have a Pimax 5k+??? I can't get it to launch at all. Removed the -vr from options and then launched the game, chose "use steamVR" option. It tries to launch I see a screen and then just crashed. Did a file integrity check. Enabled/disabled parallel projections in pitools. No effect. Can't launch the game :(

Is the HUD now fixed in VR (Odyssey+)?

Last time I tried ACC the HUD was at my feet ....
I have an odyssey+ and have no problem with the HUD - usually I recenter the in-game menus before launching a race and the HUD is well placed - I recenter the view by pressing the controller stick and pick center view in the StreamVR settings panel.

I have an odyssey+ and have no problem with the HUD - usually I recenter the in-game menus before launching a race a

When you recentre, do you mean pressing ctrl&space? If I do that, my view centres, but the menu remains in the same position.

For example the first menu that appears says something like view road map or continue to game. But that menu will always be in very low no mater how much I recenter.

The menu as you go into a race where you can select race, setup your car etc will always be very low and to the left.

Once in the car, the HUD will be at my feet.

I might try setting up the Odyssey again. Im wondering if theres a 'master' centre that these menus are taking a value from.

Hello guys,

since Kunos seems to got their fingers on the VR implementation, i re-edited my engine.ini variables quiet a lot. For now, these variables seem to be the best for my system. I tested the settings in quick race with 20 opponents. At the start of a race i got some minor lags, but after 2 or 3 corners (depends on track) i got fluid racing. :)

My system:

AMD Ryzen 2600 (Auto OC to 3.85Ghz)
ASUS B450M-K Mainboard
16GB DDR4 Ram G.SKill Value 2400 (OC to 2800)
Geforce GTX 1070ti (memory clock OC +550Mhz, Core clock OC +150Mhz, Powerlimit 120%)
Thrustmaster T300RS
Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2
headphone amplifier FiiO Olympus 2

The last 2 days i did a lot of system tweaking like updating BIOS, updating AMD Ryzen system drivers, tweaking Windows 10 for vanishing some milliseconds. I deactivated HPET and dynamic tick (this seems to have advantages for AMD processors. Deactivating these settings with Intel processors could suffer bluescreens.)
Specially overclocking the RAM from 2400Mhz to 2800Mhz gave my system some kind of nitroboost. This is due to how the AMD Ryzen processors work with Ram bandwith. Ryzen gets a lot faster as the bandwith of memory rises. Memory speed increases AMD Ryzen processors a lot more then Intel processors would.

My ingame settings:
accsettingspage13okyq.png

Edit: I took screenshots from Non-VR. My pixeldensity is 130%. Everything above decreases VR performance a lot.

accsettingspage2d5j9j.jpg

My steam settings:
Kunos mentioned, that editing the start variables with "-vr" will be better. Right click on "Assetto Corsa Competizione -> properties -> Set launch options -> -vr (yes, minus vr). After editing this, DO NOT start with "Assetto Corsa Competizione VR"! Just start ACC in normal mode! Here is a screenshot (german language):

steamaccsettings0jkmy.png

My Nvidia settings in ACC profile:

MFAA = on (global setting)
Threaded optimization = off
VSync = off
virtual reality pre-rendered frames = 3 (this gave me a lot of performance)

My engine.ini variables:

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.InstancedStereo=1
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.GBufferFormat=1
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.PostProscessing.PreferCompute=1
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.5
r.MipMapLODBias=-1.5
r.Streaming.MipBias=-1.5
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=1
r.OcclusionQueryLocation=1
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolume=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=4
r.SSR.Temporal=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.SeparateTranslucency=0

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False
r.EarlyZPass=1
r.EarlyZPassMovable=True

Thanks Jack ! appreciate your sharing. Used your sharing on the engine file and some tweaks on my setting and i am very happy with the result.
My setup:
I7 9700K ( OC to 4.9Ghz)
Gigabyte Z390 Pro-wifi-Mainboard
32GB DDR4 Ram Corsair Vengence RGB 3200MHz CL16
Zotac 2080ti Amp 11GB (memory clock OC +400Mhz, Core clock OC +85Mhz,)
OSW Simucube with Simracing Coach wheels and button box
Heuskinveld Pro Pedals
Occulus Rift
Geko Motion simulator

Threaded optimization = on
VSync = off
virtual reality pre-rendered frames = 1

In Game Setting:
All on epic except:

Screen resolution: lowest possible (this will increase performance in VR since this is your monitor's resolution which you dont get to see when in VR)
sharpness 80%
Shadow: Mid
Foliage : Low -> I cant see a difference during driving
Frame Limit : 90
Mirror Quality: Low
Mirror Resolution: Low
visible Opponents: 15
Motion Blur : Off
VR Pixel Density: 150%
Advance Sharpen Filter: Disable
Material Quality: Epic
Temporal up-sampling : disable
Volumetric Fog: Disable
Foliage LOD Quality: Low

tested on:
Monza quick race with 20 opponent
Starting grid at number 10 position.
Dynamic weather set to on.
Time is 17:00.

Results on Occulus debug performance tools:
First lap is constant 90fps with a big Fluctuation of 15-47% CPU headroom. If crash in first lap, fps will drop to 45 (OSW kicks in) and come back up but no lag.
After that from second lap onwards, fps maintain at a 90fps constantly and even in crashes. Headroom for cpu is abv 40% and hitting 49% sometimes.

How to open Debug tools:

Localdisk>Program files>Oculus>support>Oculus-diagnostics>Oculusdebugtool
Open up and under visibility hub change to performance.
Now to go race:
On the Left Graph = FPS graph -> GPU power
on the right Graph = CPU headroom graph. (the higher means you have more headroom for dip if there is a performance requirement) Once the headroom dip under 0% u will see a lag or Shutter in the screen. This is where all shuttering or lag happens.

I have tried to use this tools to have a balance performance for GPU and CPU. With my setup, I am very happy with the VR quality and performance. at 150% Pixel density, to be honest, it looks very good and performance is at tip top.

Hope all this help everyone on how to tweak your setting. the Debug tools is a very essential tools to know how is your VR performing.

Rgds. K

@Pheebau : Have you changed any of this out of interest? (I know changing the 1's to 2's kind of works. But it would be handy to know if you have changed them at all and your values)

Operating System (?:) > Users > "Your Username" > Documents > Assetto Corsa Competizione > Config >

Open the file "vrSettings". It is a JSON file, and needs to be opened using the Notepad application for best results.

You will see the following.

{
"mainMenuLayerDistance": 115,
"mainMenuLayerSize": 200,
"mainMenuLayerType": 1,
"raceMenuLayerDistance": 115,
"raceMenuLayerSize": 200,
"raceMenuLayerType": 1,
"hUDLayerDistance": 1,
"hUDLayerSize": 200,
"hUDLayerType": 1,
"spectatorScreenMode": 5
}

Layer Distance - Sets the distance of the menu from the focal wall of the HMD screens to a distance farther away from you. Values of (1) being closer to the HMD, and (200) the farthest away.

Layer Size - Changes the menu size like that of a TVs horizontal dimensions. Values of (1) being the Smallest to (200) being the largest.

Layer Type - Only two values can be used. 1 = Menu fixed to the center of the Virtual Environment and does not move. 2 = Always centered to the HMD no matter where you look.

"Spectator Screen Mode" - Can be ignored unless you care about the position of spectator viewing. Value can be left at (5).

Last edited:
When you recentre, do you mean pressing ctrl&space? If I do that, my view centres, but the menu remains in the same position.

For example the first menu that appears says something like view road map or continue to game. But that menu will always be in very low no mater how much I recenter.

The menu as you go into a race where you can select race, setup your car etc will always be very low and to the left.

Once in the car, the HUD will be at my feet.

I might try setting up the Odyssey again. Im wondering if theres a 'master' centre that these menus are taking a value from.
No I press the stick on the controller and do a recenter by pressing the button in SteamVR settings (from the view you can when pressing the controller stick).
If this may help, I have set up my Odyssey+ with no boundary with the mode as seating and stand-up.
Check your view settings in ACC when you are in the car - have they different values than zero for height, etc?
Am attaching my cameraSettings.json and vrSettings.json files if you want to compare with yours.
I think you should try and recenter the view from SteamVR to see if that helps before launching a session. I have not made manual changes to the 2 files I have attached and I see you have different values.

Attachments

• cameraSettings.json
    3.7 KB · Views: 248
  • vrSettings.json
    270 bytes · Views: 282
Last edited:
Thanks Jack ! appreciate your sharing. Used your sharing on the engine file and some tweaks on my setting and i am very happy with the result.
My setup:
I7 9700K ( OC to 4.9Ghz)
Gigabyte Z390 Pro-wifi-Mainboard
32GB DDR4 Ram Corsair Vengence RGB 3200MHz CL16
Zotac 2080ti Amp 11GB (memory clock OC +400Mhz, Core clock OC +85Mhz,)
OSW Simucube with Simracing Coach wheels and button box
Heuskinveld Pro Pedals
Occulus Rift
Geko Motion simulator

Threaded optimization = on
VSync = off
virtual reality pre-rendered frames = 1

In Game Setting:
All on epic except:

Screen resolution: lowest possible (this will increase performance in VR since this is your monitor's resolution which you dont get to see when in VR)
sharpness 80%
Shadow: Mid
Foliage : Low -> I cant see a difference during driving
Frame Limit : 90
Mirror Quality: Low
Mirror Resolution: Low
visible Opponents: 15
Motion Blur : Off
VR Pixel Density: 150%
Advance Sharpen Filter: Disable
Material Quality: Epic
Temporal up-sampling : disable
Volumetric Fog: Disable
Foliage LOD Quality: Low

tested on:
Monza quick race with 20 opponent
Starting grid at number 10 position.
Dynamic weather set to on.
Time is 17:00.

Results on Occulus debug performance tools:
First lap is constant 90fps with a big Fluctuation of 15-47% CPU headroom. If crash in first lap, fps will drop to 45 (OSW kicks in) and come back up but no lag.
After that from second lap onwards, fps maintain at a 90fps constantly and even in crashes. Headroom for cpu is abv 40% and hitting 49% sometimes.

How to open Debug tools:

Localdisk>Program files>Oculus>support>Oculus-diagnostics>Oculusdebugtool
Open up and under visibility hub change to performance.
Now to go race:
On the Left Graph = FPS graph -> GPU power
on the right Graph = CPU headroom graph. (the higher means you have more headroom for dip if there is a performance requirement) Once the headroom dip under 0% u will see a lag or Shutter in the screen. This is where all shuttering or lag happens.

I have tried to use this tools to have a balance performance for GPU and CPU. With my setup, I am very happy with the VR quality and performance. at 150% Pixel density, to be honest, it looks very good and performance is at tip top.

Hope all this help everyone on how to tweak your setting. the Debug tools is a very essential tools to know how is your VR performing.

Rgds. K

You have a 9700k and 2080TI oc'ed - no wonder you can do 90fps :D - joking aside, putting Foliage on low pretty much only reduces the # of foliage - the low setting definitely shows more than enough IMO.

Anyone have a Pimax 5k+??? I can't get it to launch at all. Removed the -vr from options and then launched the game, chose "use steamVR" option. It tries to launch I see a screen and then just crashed. Did a file integrity check. Enabled/disabled parallel projections in pitools. No effect. Can't launch the game :(

Exactly the same problem here, and i have no solution :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea