Share your VR graphic settings

Hey

Even with applying your settings both in game and in NVPanel I still have quite blurry picture. Especially annoying are dials on Ferrari dash for example and fact that cones on the side of the road and signs aren't clear to see.

What am I missing?

HW is: i5-8600, GTX1080 and 16 GB Ram with Odyssey+

What can, should I increase? btw, SteamVR is on 150% via Main window > Settings > Video > Enable Custom Resolution

Appreciate your response

Cheers
You haven't used some of my latest settings - if you keep on reading this thread after my post you used and quoted here, you will see additional tuning I did and posted - you might want to try them and see if that is better for you. Hope this helps.

You haven't used some of my latest settings

Ive been using Pheebau settings and theyre great on my Odyseey. Cheers dude.

One thing I did notice last night is... on my system if I run Reprojection the game barely works... Turn it off and I can hold a good 50/60 fps with Pheebau settings and most things on Epic setting. (1080Ti)

If I turn off the mirrors. 80/90FPS can be achieved quite easily. - I like my mirrors though and im no FPS whore.

Hopefully it will still run as nice or even better later today on 1.0.

I've found out that setting SteamVR (manual override) to 90% and setting in-game VR Pixel Density to 200% gives a good performance boost with little to no quality deterioration. Specs:

i7-8700k OC 4.8 (all cores)
16GB DDR4-3466
PNY RTX2080 (with Gigabyte Aourus BIOS, Power limit 350w)

In-game settings all epic, except for shadows (high).

I've found out that setting SteamVR (manual override) to 90% and setting in-game VR Pixel Density to 200% gives a good performance boost with little to no quality deterioration. Specs:

i7-8700k OC 4.8 (all cores)
16GB DDR4-3466
PNY RTX2080 (with Gigabyte Aourus BIOS, Power limit 350w)

In-game settings all epic, except for shadows (high).
I must be doing something wrong.
I tried your settings and i barely get 45 fps. are you getting 90 with other cars on the track?
my specs are
i7 9700k
16gb ddr4 3200
2080ti
VR has been a headache in this game for me.
Ive tried Pheebau's settings as well and while it looks better im still not getting "great" vr performance.

I tried your settings and i barely get 45 fps. are you getting 90 with other cars on the track?
my specs are
i7 9700k
16gb ddr4 3200
2080ti
Ive tried Pheebau's settings as well and while it looks better im still not getting "great" vr performance.
Wow really? That’s about as much raw hp you can from a PC. I’m still looking for reasons to upgrade from an i7 4770 with a 2080ti (founders)... old ddr3 1666 but I’ve not tried ACC in many months. But my pc is still in the top % of most speed tests with no cpu OC at all.

Wow really? That’s about as much raw hp you can from a PC. I’m still looking for reasons to upgrade from an i7 4770 with a 2080ti (founders)... old ddr3 1666 but I’ve not tried ACC in many months. But my pc is still in the top % of most speed tests with no cpu OC at all.
I'm hoping we get some performance with the official release. but I'm not banking on it. I think the unreal 4 engine is just not optimized for VR. On a regular screen I'm fully maxed out with over 100fps at 1440p in some cases. In the first AC, I'm fully maxed with 200 ss and I'm getting 90fps consistent.

my specs are
i7 9700k
16gb ddr4 3200
2080ti

I'll post my engine.ini settings and in-game settings asap. You should be outperforming my PC by a few % ;-)

I used a completely fresh start for 1.0. So no prior configurations were loaded. After a few hours of testing my rig seems to perform excellent (dunno if it's 90FPS straight, but is fluent as hell). First I re-altered the engine.ini file. Located in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini. Added:

[ConsoleVariables]
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.AOquality=0
r.BloomQuality=4
r.Color.Mid=0.4
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.LensFlareQuality=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.5
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.ShadowQuality=4
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.SSR.quality=1
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.2
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.6
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48
r.VolumetricFog=0
vr.InstancedStereo=1
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1

[SystemSettings]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.ViewDistanceScale=5
foliage.LODDistanceScale=5

Secondly Nvidia Control Panel:
Triple buffering: ON
Engergy mode: Best performance
Texture filtering - Anisotropic: ON
Virtual Reality Pre-rendered frames: 1

After that SteamVR (I'm running beta 1.5.1)
Video: Manual override - 90% (for my Dell Visor rendering is at 1508 x 1508)
Developer: Untick "Enable advanced supersample filtering"

In-game ACC Video Settings:
Fullscreen: Disabled
V-Sync: Disabled
Resolution: 1920x1080

BASIC
Resolution scale: 100%
View distance: Epic
Shadows: High
Anti-aliasing: Epic
Anti-aliasing type: Temporal
Effects: Mid
Post-processing: High
Foliage: Mid
Textures: High
Mirrors view distance: 100 meters
Mirror quality: Mid
Mirror resolution: Mid
Opponents visibility: 20
VR Pixel density:170%

ADVANCED
Materials quality: High
Temporal upsampling: Disabled
Bloom quality: Mid
Volumetric fog: Disabled
HLOD: Enabled
Advanced sharpen filter: Disabled

IMAGE CUSTOMIZATION
Motion blur: Disabled
Saturation: 100%
White balance: Neutral
Sharpness: 200%
Frame limit: Off (duhhh)
Camera dirt effect: 3.0
Light absorption: High
Image contrast: 0.50
Exposure gain: 0.40
Lock to horizon: 100%

Last but not least I've overclocked my GPU (please do not blindly use this settings as they are heavily dependent on your GPU and cooling) with the following settings:

Core voltage +100 (doesn't matter anyway using fixed voltage)
Power limit 132 (thank you Gigabyte BIOS ^^)
Core clock (curve): @1000mv 2100mhz (downclocks after long use to 2085mhz)
Memory clock: +675mhz
Fan speed: 100%

Hopefully you'll find some use with these settings and push some extra performance!

I'm not sure what's happening, but I just did a one hour race at Misano, and to be honest everything looked as good as it was in 0.7.2. Can't really say if it was because I was focused on the driving or whatever other reason, but all the things that bothered me on the first test didn't bother me at all. Weird.

To be honest, the game looks pretty much the same with 1.0 compared with 0.7.2 - Sure it could be better but am quite satisfied at the moment. If you have AA issues, try and remove r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen from your engine.ini and if this doesn't work and you clearly see a difference from 0.7.2 then I would start again from a vanilla engine.ini and see if AA is better by setting it in the game video settings rather than doing it via engine.ini settings - then you could gradually add some settings in engine.ini and see what is making it worse. Am using nVidia 417.71 driver still

Last edited:
To be honest, the game looks pretty much the same with 1.0 compared with 0.7.2 - Sure it could be better but am quite satisfied at the moment. If you have AA issues, try and remove r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen from your engine.ini and if this doesn't work and you clearly see a difference from 0.7.2 then I would start again from a vanilla engine.ini and see if AA is better by setting it in the game video settings rather than doing it via engine.ini settings - then you could gradually add some settings in engine.ini and see what is making it worse. Am using nVidia 417.71 driver still
thats the thing, the game completely cleared my engine.ini. It started from scratch for whatever reason

this is all that was left

[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=../../../AC2/Plugins/FMODStudio/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Steam/SteamVR/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Oculus/OculusVR/Content
Paths=../../../AC2/Plugins/ACShaders/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/MeshEditor/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content

[/Script/WindowsTargetPlatform.WindowsTargetSettings]
AudioDevice=Speakers (2- Realtek USB2.0 Audio)
this is all that was left

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea