Share your VR graphic settings

Shadows on Epic, as I wrote, everything enabled, or Epic, except mirror 20 meters, low, low.
Easy.:D

@schlitty just look at the posts from Panky here and on ACC support forum, overall it is erase everything, reinstall, set mirror to low, make sure the Temporal Upsampling is switched to "Disabled" in the Advanced Video settings (second tab), also disable advance sharpen filter and volumetric fog at the same place.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

I tried mirrors on low (20 meter) and hated it as I couldn't see who/what was behind me until the last minute then they would disappear again as I accelerated.
I agree on keeping it low (or even medium), but I like the distance on 100 meter so I can se if I am puling away from someone or if they are gaining on me, and it didn't seem to affect anything performance wise (on my system).

Just installed ACC today and getting upto speed on what needs editing for best VR.

So are you guys still using the edited Engine.ini file since this 0.6 update or is it no longer needed / necessary ??

I don't think its needed, but I am sure an updated one will come out soon.
The best thing is, you can pause the game and mess around with the graphics settings 'on the fly' so see what looks good or what you can live without and what kills/helps performance.

Cheers mate, yeah I am pretty impressed so far out of the box as I was not expecting too much. Thought I should pick this up before full release while the price was not too high in ozzie $ ... 44 bucks seemed a steal ! :D The FFB is pretty awesome too, at least on my AFv1.

Cheers mate, yeah I am pretty impressed so far out of the box as I was not expecting too much. Thought I should pick this up before full release while the price was not too high in ozzie $ ... 44 bucks seemed a steal ! :D The FFB is pretty awesome too, at least on my AFv1.

I have the AF2, so would be interesting to know your SC settings.

Yeah I just have the standard profile created by SC4 on default settings. Then in ACC I turned damping down to 60 % and overall strength down to 70% and added road feel about 15%. Only driven the Beamer and the Nissan so far but they felt good. Might add the road rumble in SC4 of 5% and see how that feels. Haven't experimented with any Foundation FFB as the game FFB feels nice imho.

Hello guys,

since Kunos seems to got their fingers on the VR implementation, i re-edited my engine.ini variables quiet a lot. For now, these variables seem to be the best for my system. I tested the settings in quick race with 20 opponents. At the start of a race i got some minor lags, but after 2 or 3 corners (depends on track) i got fluid racing. :)

My system:

AMD Ryzen 2600 (Auto OC to 3.85Ghz)
ASUS B450M-K Mainboard
16GB DDR4 Ram G.SKill Value 2400 (OC to 2800)
Geforce GTX 1070ti (memory clock OC +550Mhz, Core clock OC +150Mhz, Powerlimit 120%)
Thrustmaster T300RS
Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2
headphone amplifier FiiO Olympus 2

The last 2 days i did a lot of system tweaking like updating BIOS, updating AMD Ryzen system drivers, tweaking Windows 10 for vanishing some milliseconds. I deactivated HPET and dynamic tick (this seems to have advantages for AMD processors. Deactivating these settings with Intel processors could suffer bluescreens.)
Specially overclocking the RAM from 2400Mhz to 2800Mhz gave my system some kind of nitroboost. This is due to how the AMD Ryzen processors work with Ram bandwith. Ryzen gets a lot faster as the bandwith of memory rises. Memory speed increases AMD Ryzen processors a lot more then Intel processors would.

My ingame settings:
accsettingspage13okyq.png

Edit: I took screenshots from Non-VR. My pixeldensity is 130%. Everything above decreases VR performance a lot.

accsettingspage2d5j9j.jpg

My steam settings:
Kunos mentioned, that editing the start variables with "-vr" will be better. Right click on "Assetto Corsa Competizione -> properties -> Set launch options -> -vr (yes, minus vr). After editing this, DO NOT start with "Assetto Corsa Competizione VR"! Just start ACC in normal mode! Here is a screenshot (german language):

steamaccsettings0jkmy.png

My Nvidia settings in ACC profile:

MFAA = on (global setting)
Threaded optimization = off
VSync = off
virtual reality pre-rendered frames = 3 (this gave me a lot of performance)

My engine.ini variables:

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.InstancedStereo=1
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.GBufferFormat=1
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.PostProscessing.PreferCompute=1
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.5
r.MipMapLODBias=-1.5
r.Streaming.MipBias=-1.5
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=1
r.OcclusionQueryLocation=1
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolume=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=4
r.SSR.Temporal=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.SeparateTranslucency=0

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False
r.EarlyZPass=1
r.EarlyZPassMovable=True

Last edited:
Hello guys,

since Kunos seems to got their fingers on the VR implementation, i re-edited my engine.ini variables quiet a lot. For now, these variables seem to be the best for my system.

My system:

AMD Ryzen 2600 (Auto OC to 3.85Ghz)
ASUS B450M-K Mainboard
16GB DDR4 Ram G.SKill Value 2400 (OC to 2800)
Geforce GTX 1070ti (memory clock OC +550Mhz, Core clock OC +150Mhz, Powerlimit 120%)
Thrustmaster T300RS
Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2
headphone amplifier FiiO Olympus 2

The last 2 days i did a lot of system tweaking like updating BIOS, updating AMD Ryzen system drivers, tweaking Windows 10 for vanishing some milliseconds. I deactivated HPET and dynamic tick (this seems to have advantages for AMD processors. Deactivating these settings with Intel processors could suffer bluescreens.)
Specially overclocking the RAM from 2400Mhz to 2800Mhz gave my system some kind of nitroboost. This is due to how the AMD Ryzen processors work with Ram bandwith. Ryzen gets a lot faster as the bandwith of memory rises. Memory speed increases AMD Ryzen processors a lot more then Intel processors would.

My ingame settings:
accsettingspage13okyq.png

accsettingspage2d5j9j.jpg

My Nvidia settings in ACC profile:
MFAA = on (global setting)
Threaded optimization = off
VSync = off
virtual reality pre-rendered frames = 3 (this gave me a lot of performance)

My engine.ini variables:

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.InstancedStereo=1
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.GBufferFormat=1
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.PostProscessing.PreferCompute=1
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1
r.MipMapLODBias=-1
r.Streaming.MipBias=-1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=1
r.OcclusionQueryLocation=1
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolume=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=4
r.SSR.Temporal=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.SeparateTranslucency=0

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False
r.EarlyZPass=1
r.EarlyZPassMovable=True
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this whit us:thumbsup: I will give a try later.
Got a couples of questions for you:

Why do you put sharpness at 200 and not pixel density?

Do you think virtual reality pre-rendered frames = 3 work whit intel Cpu?

Keeping the bloom in VR is very useful?

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this whit us:thumbsup: I will give a try later.
Got a couples of questions for you:

Why do you put sharpness at 200 and not pixel density?

Do you think virtual reality pre-rendered frames = 3 work whit intel Cpu?

Keeping the bloom in VR is very useful?

Sorry, my fault. I took screenshots from non-VR. My pixeldensity is 130%.

The virtual pre-rendered frames should work with Intel CPUs, too. Why not?! :)

Keeping bloom enabled is up to your liking. I like bloom, also it decreases performance. My system can handle it very well.

And just to note: I tested the settings every time in quick race with 20 opponents.

Sorry, my fault. I took screenshots from non-VR. My pixeldensity is 130%.

The virtual pre-rendered frames should work with Intel CPUs, too. Why not?! :)

Keeping bloom enabled is up to your liking. I like bloom, also it decreases performance. My system can handle it very well.

And just to note: I tested the settings every time in quick race with 20 opponents.
No problem!
What setting do you use for the broken UI in VR ?

I got an UI like normal tv at 5 po plus another one that move whit my head at 1mm of my eyes

I´ve got a normal view on the UI. These are the settings for the UI in VR in my vrsettings.json file:

{
"mainMenuLayerDistance": 100,
"mainMenuLayerSize": 160,
"mainMenuLayerType": 1,
"raceMenuLayerDistance": 50,
"raceMenuLayerSize": 78,
"raceMenuLayerType": 1,
"hUDLayerDistance": 27,
"hUDLayerSize": 84,
"hUDLayerType": 1,
"spectatorScreenMode": 5
}

Copy this and paste it to c:\documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\vrsettings.json

Open the json file with editor.

Some other tweaks for (maybe) getting a good performance in ACC VR:

1. Delete ACC and install it completely new. To get a clean and fresh ACC, delete the following folders:

documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione
user\"username"\Appdata\Local\AC2
steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione

Now uninstall ACC in Steam. After uninstallation, install ACC. Afer downloading and installing ACC, restart your PC.

2. Pagefile tweak for SSD harddrives
If you`ve got an SSD build into your PC and running Windows 10, then jump into your systemsettings -> system -> advanded systemsettings -> advanced -> Performance settings -> advanced -> virtual memory. Set it for your system harddrive (i.e. C: ) to "No paging file". Restart your system. This will increase speed, as Windows will no longer transfer data to store data in an extra file on the harddisk. As SSDs are very fast, pagefile can be deactivated.

3. Disable RAM compression in Windows 10
So this easy. Type "Services" in searchbar -> look for superfetch or, since the last autumn update in 2018, SysMain. Right click on it -> deactivate it. Restart your PC.

4. For AMD Ryzen CPU users
It is recommended, to use the "AMD Ryzen balanced" power management plan. Type "system settings" in searchbar an click on it -> system and security -> power options -> choose "AMD Ryzen balanced". Some might say (me, too) that it will gain better speed when it comes to full throttle all CPU cores. If you do not feel any difference, stick to "high performance".

5. In general: Update your BIOS and chipset drivers
Oculus Rift is very aggressive on using your CPU. Updating your BIOS and/or your chipset drivers, it could result in better performance in Oculus Rift.

6. Activate Windows 10 "Game Mode"
Yep, this also could give some minor speed as it will stop some services during playing games. Just go to settings -> gaming -> Game mode -> Enable "Use game mode"

7. Deactivate "Windows Defender"
So, this is up to you if you`d like to disable Windows 10 own security system or not. But by disabling it compelety, you could also save some performance for Oculus Rift. This is how you do it:

1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
  2. Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
  3. Browse the following path:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus

4. On the right, double-click the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus policy.
  5. Restart your PC.

So, there are lot more options to tweak your PC for having a good performance in VR, but these are some main tweaks.

Cheers
Unionjackstar

Some other tweaks for (maybe) getting a good performance in ACC VR:

1. Delete ACC and install it completely new. To get a clean and fresh ACC, delete the following folders:

documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione
user\"username"\Appdata\Local\AC2
steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione

Now uninstall ACC in Steam. After uninstallation, install ACC. Afer downloading and installing ACC, restart your PC.

2. Pagefile tweak for SSD harddrives
If you`ve got an SSD build into your PC and running Windows 10, then jump into your systemsettings -> system -> advanded systemsettings -> advanced -> Performance settings -> advanced -> virtual memory. Set it for your system harddrive (i.e. C: ) to "No paging file". Restart your system. This will increase speed, as Windows will no longer transfer data to store data in an extra file on the harddisk. As SSDs are very fast, pagefile can be deactivated.

3. Disable RAM compression in Windows 10
So this easy. Type "Services" in searchbar -> look for superfetch or, since the last autumn update in 2018, SysMain. Right click on it -> deactivate it. Restart your PC.

4. For AMD Ryzen CPU users
It is recommended, to use the "AMD Ryzen balanced" power management plan. Type "system settings" in searchbar an click on it -> system and security -> power options -> choose "AMD Ryzen balanced". Some might say (me, too) that it will gain better speed when it comes to full throttle all CPU cores. If you do not feel any difference, stick to "high performance".

5. In general: Update your BIOS and chipset drivers
Oculus Rift is very aggressive on using your CPU. Updating your BIOS and/or your chipset drivers, it could result in better performance in Oculus Rift.

6. Activate Windows 10 "Game Mode"
Yep, this also could give some minor speed as it will stop some services during playing games. Just go to settings -> gaming -> Game mode -> Enable "Use game mode"

7. Deactivate "Windows Defender"
So, this is up to you if you`d like to disable Windows 10 own security system or not. But by disabling it compelety, you could also save some performance for Oculus Rift. This is how you do it:

1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
  2. Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
  3. Browse the following path:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus

4. On the right, double-click the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus policy.
  5. Restart your PC.

So, there are lot more options to tweak your PC for having a good performance in VR, but these are some main tweaks.

Cheers
Unionjackstar
Thank you my friend!

Is there a build in FPS counter or do I need to get something like "FPSVR" via Steam? I have an Odyssey+ fwiw. My goal is to minimize .ini tweaks seeing that the game is still mid development and updates could create conflicts.

Is there a general consensus on which graphics settings having the highest performance hit?

Is there a build in FPS counter or do I need to get something like "FPSVR" via Steam? I have an Odyssey+ fwiw. My goal is to minimize .ini tweaks seeing that the game is still mid development and updates could create conflicts.

Is there a general consensus on which graphics settings having the highest performance hit?

go to c:\documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\config\hud.json
open with editor
set "fpsvisible": 1

Hi guys,

How do you clone the audio to another output channel? In other games I just use the duplicate audio feature of Steam VR but in ACC it doesn't even use Steam VR? (at least the application doesn't open in Steam VR)

Wondering how other people record their gameplay with audio. (using Rift)

Hi guys,

How do you clone the audio to another output channel? In other games I just use the duplicate audio feature of Steam VR but in ACC it doesn't even use Steam VR? (at least the application doesn't open in Steam VR)

Wondering how other people record their gameplay with audio. (using Rift)

Have alles look at Oculus Software. Open "Devices". Click on the picture of the Oculus Rift headset. Now a window appears from the right side. There you can adjust audio Input. I'm not at my computer at the moment, so i can't have a look at it now exactly. Maybe that will help you or maybe i got your question wrong.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back