Season 11 - General Discussion

Could we move the controller thing to general dicussion and leave this thread clean for sign ups and related stuff? ;)

I asume it could also be worth to have an extra thread like "drivers who make Race 1 - Spa 2008" or so...(?)

Last edited:
what time the race starts for us here in Australia?
Thursday morning local time please :geek:
I always worry I get it wrong..:O_o:
thanks.

I am not quite sure, but when this clock strikes 7pm the server opens, and 8pm the practice starts start.

It looks to me that the time in sidney is 8 hours ahead of me, 9 hours ahead of the UK. If I am not mistaken that means:
Sidney-time:
Practice: 4 am
Qualify: 5 am

heres my settings alex, hope they help :)

Logitech Profiler

overall - 100
spring - 0
damper - 0

enable centre spring
centre spring - 0

270 degrees of rotation.

Race07 Settings

force feedback effects - High
force feedback strength - 96
reverse effetcs - on
steering force - 88
steering vibration - 0
engine - 20
brakes - 18
kurbs - 35
impact - 100

in the settings screen before the ffb where you set sensitivites, leave all at 50%.

ingame use a steering lock of between 14-19 :)

Don't give up on Spa just yet Alex. I would advice you to simply copy the wheel-setup of Steeve or David, find a car-setup you like from those shared, and join us for some practice tonight.

This Spa track punishes an untidy race line (scary curbs and a couple of off-camber (is that correct?) turns. I to make many mistakes the first 1-2 hour of practice, hopefully tonight I will have done enough laps to "get the right feel/rythm".

Also, we will have a good spread in terms of lap times, one get demotivated by looking at the fastest dudes. Personally I haven't seen the 2:05,xxx yet !!!

But at the end of the day, I do not know what it takes to come back after 2 years absence :)

Last edited:
Yes that time looks unfortunately accurate. Anthony you should make sure you can get on the server tonight. I'll be around later if you need a hand, it will be too tricky in the morning.

I stayed home today ("Ferris Bueller'ed" ;)) to try and fix my setup for tonight. Still not come to the point where Steam is reinstalled after some serious issues. Started at 0800 today and am still going with registry cleaning, malware removal, proper wipe of free space, defragmentation and other big optimizations on my system.
Amazing how many errors have gone unnoticed by my regular "cleaning"
software.

If I am not done by 1800 today I have to pass on SPA :(
(it is now 1400) - will keep you updated.

I understand we're using the new qualifying system tonight. I saw that Reik mentioned that you will have an additional 2 minutes based on the fact that you only have to make it across the line before the clock runs out. Though this should be true, I'm almost certain it is not true in RACE07. There is normally a grace period of around 30 seconds, then the session will end, even if people are still on a hotlap that started with the session. I hope I'm wrong about that... but you have been warned!

I saw that Reik mentioned that you will have an additional 2 minutes based on the fact that you only have to make it across the line before the clock runs out.

I don't think I said it like this! ;) I only said the following:

Qualifying - 7 minute Open session

these will be the settings used in the upcoming season, the only thing that will change depending on track length and laptime is the qualifying session, minimum should be 7 minutes, maximum 9 minutes for a track like spa.

The new open qualy means we have traffic again and respect each other. The duration of the session might give you the options to go for 2 timed laps in a row or abort the first timed lap after an early mistake and start a second run. We agreed to wait for the green light at the pit exit when leaving it...

So you better cross the line for the last attempt ~ 2 minutes before the Session runs out!

The other question is how long will the session be? 9 minutes? Shall Nico announce it in the future???

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought it was a fixed 7 min session. 7 min would mean people could fuel for 2 timed laps or for 1 if they felt very confident. Certainly not time for 2 seperate runs though.

And I forgot to answer your question earlier Reik! Baby due February, so it was not the cause of Jodie's sickness in Germany, though possibly the cause of her not feeling right at the pub with Jim and Tor.

I think within 7 minutes you should have two options:

1. (fuel for one timed lap)
If you hae done the outlap early after green lights and make a mistake early on the timed lap, you should be able to abort and have enough time for another outlap plus a timed lap. There is not enough time to do outlap plus timed lap twice! I have not calculated at wich stage on the flying lap there's no 2nd chance, because the time won't be enough for a second attempt.

2. (fuel for two timed laps in a row)
You can take it easy by doing the outlap and driving two timed laps in a row. Easy, isn't it? ;)

I think with both strategies you better don't use radiator at one, because on the quick lap it could start smoking in the end of the flying lap which could mean a bad influence on the following cars.

Finally it's everyone's own decision but "Smoking = ESC (or reducing revs immediately)" ;)

I am out!
Everything cleaned and my entire system at pristine condition.
Start installing Steam and it just makes my computer hang, won't restart and I have to manually force shutdown.

Cannot install or play a single game - see you when I have the time to get this sorted..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back