Season 11 - General Discussion

Don't want to take the glory away from Reik :) I just repeated his post. Anyhoo, I just updated the first post with the latest calendar from the same thread :thumbsup:
Thank you :)

Now the only question is, who's right about Round 2 and onwards, your calendar, or Reik's statement? :D
you don't need to worry about the 11th September! If I'm not mistaken, the majority agreed in this thread to start Season 11 on 4th of September and go on two weeks later.

Yeah, I think we somewhen came to the conclusion, that the 2 weeks rhythm has a higher value for preparation instead following the real F1 on the very next wednesday all time.

This is true. However, we also wanted to avoid starting before September, to make sure everybody are finished with their holiday. And there is not enough time between the 4th of September and Christmas to have 10 rounds and 2 weeks spacing between all. So something got to give :)

Yes, good to see you back in time guys :) And Anthony, I am unsure what next thursday morning means, but to avoid misunderstandings, the Spa race is in 13 days, the 4th of September (5th in Australia).

Thank you :)

I keep reminding myself that we race on Thursday morning so I do not accidently set the alarm for Wednesday morning :rolleyes:..

it is even better if the 1st race is on the 4th of October , I have more time to prepare myself plus we will start getting a bit warmer morning by then ;)

Thank you very much for the infos Guus! :thumbsup: I'm fine that you use "no helmet". Don't think it's such a big advantage. More a thing of what you're used to. I'm so much used to it that I nearly like it. ;)

I think the main difference between time attack and server might be the tyre wear. We use doubled tyre wear on the server, so the littel time difference to time attakc makes sence, even if grip might be the same (which I'm not sure about).

BTW, very nice lap mate! :thumbsup:

in time attack the fuel level makes no diffrence, the grip is slightly diffrent and the tyre wear is diffrent?

ive always used the no visor mod for mmg and now f3000 so ive no problems with you using no helmet.

nice vid :thumbsup:

Fuel consumption is zero and tyrewear is zero in time attack :)
I think most old members use no helmet and no bug mods.
I did not even know that "no bugs" is possible; usually it's ok though with the removable visors

You will still get bugs in the screen without visor. I don't have no bugs mod right now, it's not a huge thing anyway. The area that is affected by bug splatter is so much larger without visor, the chances of one hitting at the center of screen is small..I use about one tear-off per 10 minutes, usually left with 4 at the end of one hour race... Some from those no bug mods work, some don't. Those who use regular helmet suffer a lot more thou, the chances of getting one in a place that seriously blocks your view are much greater.

You get more advantage from XD than no helmet+no bug...

I just count one time, I think it was with the MMG car in a rain race, where I used up my visors too fast and could just see a huge pile of mud on my screen at the end of a race :cautious:

Thank god this isn't like the GT cars where you also get flying stones smashing into your windscreen. It leaves huge marks on it that you obviously can't wash away with your wipers.

I remember a series of 90min GT Pro races, where my car looked like it came straight from a gun massacre at the end :confused:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%