Season 11 - General Discussion

I'm looking forward to rejoin the PrestoGP community, can't wait to race with you guys!
I just need to solve some problems with my gear. That means I need a new wheel :) Any recommendations? Is G27 a nice choice?

Talking about the calendar, I will miss the first race, cause will be at Portugal till the end of August.
But I think it's not a big problem after missing few whole seasons :)

Ehehe be welcome to my country Alex, hope you like this small but very hospitable country! (=
What region you will be Alex?? :)

I'm looking forward to rejoin the PrestoGP community, can't wait to race with you guys!
I just need to solve some problems with my gear. That means I need a new wheel :) Any recommendations? Is G27 a nice choice?

Talking about the calendar, I will miss the first race, cause will be at Portugal till the end of August.
But I think it's not a big problem after missing few whole seasons :)

Welcome Alex. It just happens that RD has a club race with F3000 at Istanbul next Tuesday: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ul-tuesday-18th-june-2013.70805/#post-1463363 Sign in.

I hope we get couple of guys from PrestoGP to join, +10 drivers on the grid sounds pretty good on the club night ;)

Ok, checked Korea and of course there was something.. The gdb file was left at BTB default (max 8 cars and fixed session lengths..) I fixed it but it's up for you guys to decide whether to use it or not. There's absolutely nothing else wrong with it and i got the fix here: http://content.wuala.com/contents/SquidCap/Public2/KoreaIntCircuitbySRStudio.gdb.zip/?dl=1 (replace the .gdb in the track folder, same has to be done on the server) I know there's general aversion against these fixes but once again, it's a shame that for the sake of few lines, it ain't gonna be used.

Forget that Korea Int track and watch this thread, i'm effing tired of this.. It'll take couple of weeks and i need testers, gonna freaking make it from scratch.

@ Nicolai

I really don't have any data or experience driving these cars, but to me, the tyres were not bad at all at the end of each stint. I don't know about the correlation between this game and reality, but Bahrain is normally very heavy on the rear tyres. It's a rear limited track. This causes oversteer during the stint. There's nothing you can do about it since you can't change the diff while racing.

Chasing even tyre wear for front and rear tyres is pointless and impossibe. At bahrain you get overtsteer, at Spa probably understeer. It is what it is.

Maybe it has got something to do about the fact that your tyres are under inflated. I noticed you guys use very low tyre pressures, which may be good for quali but is questionable for races? Same goes for high camber.

Duco

Duco
I don't quite understand what you mean? If a track is heavy on the rear tyres it would make sense to try to reduce it? Obviously I had more rear than front wear at Bahrain like everyone else, but if I could, through adjusting the setup, acheive 80% / 75% instead of 82% / 73% at the end of the stint, it would help the oversteer situation, don't you agree?

(the %-numbers is the "health" of the front/rear tyres).

And who ever exits the pits need to look for the map anyway and yeild if necessary.
I looked at your well illustrated picture Kennett, and I would say that due to the white pit exit line it would be the guy on the track who has to make sure he does not drive into the pit exit. With that in mind the dude exiting should not need to yield, just make sure he does not brake the white line to his left and stay right until safe otherwise.

True, it has never been a problem. Some club or SRS race back in 2008 or something i remember a huge pile-up but that was just freak accident in the first place, lots of things had to happen simultaneously (if i recall, crazy passing attempt and two cars leaving pits out of position). Cars flying above me, swerving one with millimeters to spare, the driver behind me had his head decapitated but continued on etc... Seen a lot more "normal" crashes and chaos in that place but we have another view of racing all together... Don't see problems with either exit with this current bunch of drivers..

And you're right, who ever exits just keeps his vehicle at the far right while regular driver takes notice that he can't cross the white line and thinks about it BEFORE arriving to Eau Rouge, not after Raidiollion.. :giggle:

Guys I've never really driven those cars (except for a few laps) but I would like to race now and then with you. Is this possible? I'm familiar with the IFM (international formula masters) league but this one is a league up so is it possible or do you guys think I should look elsewhere?:)

If ok, what to do: subscribe somewhere?

I think you have come to the right place :)

All information concerning our league happens in this forum. We also have an old web page (www.prestogp.com) where you can make a simple registration (driver name and password). We mainly use it for posting results and displaying the p.b. for all the drivers on the various tracks.

Our league, which is at the core of everything, starts up again in the start of September, and we race every seconds Wednesday (more or less).

Welcome Johan

hi johan,

prestogp is always open to taking on new members :)

if your familiar with open wheel racing with ifm then your on the right track to success with the f3000, we are a friendly bunch who help each other, setups and videos will be posted that will help anyone just starting out with f3000, but anything else dont be affraid to ask any one of us and we'll try to help :thumbsup:

i dont think weve actually opened a season 11 sign up thread, im not sure we are even going to this season, but you and anyone else joining shouldnt be a problem, your already licensed with racedepartment which is a presto requirement, you should also sign up at www.prestogp.com, mainly you should just practise on the server (youll find the password after sign up at prestogp.com), signing up to practise races will get you experience with us as a group and valuable information for the races ahead but thats your choice, information will be posted in the forum about anything you need to know, just keep checking and no doubt nico will get back to you with anything else ive forgotten ;)

EDIT: Nico was too fast for me :roflmao: see how much we value new members at presto, we all want to welcome you :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%