Season 11 - General Discussion

About length of qualify, I would prefer to stick to one length the whole season (eg. 7 minutes), and then let the length of the various tracks create a (in my view) nice variation (more tries at Interlagos than at Spa).

I am also a fan of Kennett's suggestion to wait for green light at pit exit line.

Agree with Nico (7 minutes fixed) and I think we also agreed in waiting for the green light when we made the test races...

Smoking engine.. I thought about this, first i was ready to let by but more i think, there is not going to be a situation where you can be sure you ain't causing troubles to others. So if you suspect that anyone can even see you smoking, you have to something about it.. Reduce revs or esc. I think that main straight is the required distance for that to happen, we won't get so large gaps in 9 minutes with full grid (9 or 8 minutes qualy? 8 is enough for our requirements but can't now remeber what was the case this time..). Lets say there's 18 cars at the same time pretty much all thru the session, even Spa ain't long enough to get safe gaps. And we kind of want to get a tow anyway so the chances are even greater that someone is close by..

So, if you smoke ESC.. Can we agree on this?

Last edited:
Agree on ESC when smoking!

Another idea would be to agree on always using radiator at "3" during the whole event (not on server). It would mean the same for everyone and no one would need to dare a risky low radiator setting in the fear of loosing a few hundreds.

i dont agree on using rad3, its not needed, we just done a whole season with these and i never once used more than rad2, and the smoking thing i agree with but none of us are likely to use rad1 for more than 1 hot lap are we?

lets not get carried away with this, radiators have been fine for us, we cant start changing things like this because kennetts forgotten what a brake duct and radiator duct looks like :roflmao:

(reik is correct, we used the green light in the test races, actually alot of fun stacking up at the line waiting for that moment to bolt)

Last edited:
I think I read in setup thread you 5th in aurouge Kennet, I think if you can take it in 6th full speed even give youself a small confidence lift of throttle and you should find a couple secs overall, probably losing a lot of time with that down the straight :thumbsup:

I think I read in setup thread you 5th in aurouge Kennet, I think if you can take it in 6th full speed even give youself a small confidence lift of throttle and you should find a couple secs overall, probably losing a lot of time with that down the straight :thumbsup:

Yeah, for sure. But crashing 2/3 times will make me lose more.. I can't make it, tried to do it for half an hour: straight from the pits using F1 exit, get to same speed as in race: crash -> out -> crash -> out, take it with 5th -> safe, 100% of the time. I lose it when the rear hits the ground and there's no way of stopping that without messing the whole setup (rear super high off the ground, springs to max..) Top speed is at 270km/h with race fuel ( i think, i got arma2 on gamerig not...). I did modify 5th gear to fit that place, it's back to 6th when i hit the exit curb. With 6th i could make it if the the engine bogs down.. I can't find any way that's even remotely possible without huge amounts of risk (not saying it's impossible, but just what i said, i can't find a way).

I would say to try using Reik's, David's or mine then without editing the setup (haven't tried others), I find them all fine and none bottom out even high fuel in au rouge don't think going to 5th would make it stop hitting ground , just make you slower, so even tap of brakes an lift in 6th you should be fine.
Also you may struggle to take au rouge straight from pits as tires aren't that warm, I always do a outlap so you maybe be fine after a lap, but I think your steering may be to sensitive or maybe just steering to much at that point, I let the car drive au rouge mostly and I just tag along and steer slight where ffb takes me.

Way I take it I try to take it straight as possible I get half car over first kerb slight move wheel to right and just miss right kerb(this usually makes me crash if I hit this kerb) you maybe just need to avoid this ? I can ride kerb top of hill on left, but I think fastest and safest is avoiding those 2. I only move wheel very little id say my hand isn't passed 10 o'clock for the right.
I use 270 degrees with 17 to 19 lock here, sometime a lot of lock can make it extremely sensitive. If you think ffb could be taking part in it maybe you aint feeling the other parts and clipping, try lowering ffb/steering force etc see if can let you react also.

When I enter eau rouge I "lock my elbows" to the armrest of my chair.

I clench my buttox:giggle:, I believe this has the same effect

Everything that Sean said:thumbsup:

As soon as you're at the second curb loosen your grip (un-clench) and let the car straighten up a little, in other words avoid turning too much to the right, then you'll pop out over the top at around 157mph all being well

Jim

Exit speed depends on downforce Jim, with lower downforce you will be quicker through eau rouge;)

Just be careful with the steering, try to steer as least as possible and obviously avoid that nasty inside kerb. Im using 900 degrees and 26 lock, so its a lot less sensitive than most of you I think, that probably helps me in this corner. But with any sensitivity, once you find the right line through there there should be no problem taking it flat I would think.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.