Tracks Sandevoerde - F3 Classic Tracks.

I take back my complaint about sun position on the track being too low. Apparently the new versions of GBW weather mod I updated recently are capable of placing the sun according to real date and position, which, for October/November 2018 in northern Europe is rather low indeed. I didn't even know the mod could do that. Now with date fixed to summer months, I get a Zandvoort with sun right above my head as I wanted.

Sorry for the confusion :D.

I take back my complaint about sun position on the track being too low. Apparently the new versions of GBW weather mod I updated recently are capable of placing the sun according to real date and position, which, for October/November 2018 in northern Europe is rather low indeed. I didn't even know the mod could do that. Now with date fixed to summer months, I get a Zandvoort with sun right above my head as I wanted.

Sorry for the confusion :D.

great to know :)

Hi Sergio,
Love the track. Have you considered creating a mid-80s version of the track? It seems it would only require a minor change from the 73 version.

... I say knowing nothing about how much work goes into this. :thumbsdown:

not at this moment :), i think another chicane is needed. Maybe in future, if some mod group create a 80's F1 mod and need complete season, why not ?? :) but not sure if that will happen.

Very much like the '67 version. The '73 is also nice, I like the chicane that was added. But the kerbs are just killers, at least with '67 F1 cars you better not touch them or you crash on the opposite side of the road.

Biggest drawback is slow AI. I was about 6 seconds quicker than 100% AI with the new GPL F1 mod on the track. Not related to the mod, just overall the AI is too slow to race on Sandevoerde.

Very much like the '67 version. The '73 is also nice, I like the chicane that was added. But the kerbs are just killers, at least with '67 F1 cars you better not touch them or you crash on the opposite side of the road.

Biggest drawback is slow AI. I was about 6 seconds quicker than 100% AI with the new GPL F1 mod on the track. Not related to the mod, just overall the AI is too slow to race on Sandevoerde.
i have been trying to make it good faster, big problem is AI go too wide at upper section and ends flying over the dune, maybe is a combination of fast bend and dune at outside of turn. i have to put many AI hints to prevent this happen, but that make AI slow. Not happen with other tracks i made, so i figured out is a problem with fast bend and dune, even not sure if that the problem :rolleyes:

possible too, i am going to take a look at this, wich lap time do you set?

Great !

So yesterday I had a go with the GPL mod v2 (http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tdbix7anv93dv0/20181123+AC+1967+GPL2.0+Mod+%2B+install+notes.rar)

On the '67 layout with the Cooper on default setup at 10 AM with 20 degrees temperature I did a best lap of 1'21.8.

On the '73 layout with the Matra on default setup at 10 AM with 20 degrees temperature I did a best lap of 1'30.1. I chose the Matra to make it interesting because it is the slowest car by a margin based on BHP. Even with this car I make up ground to faster cars in the corners, but the AI flies by on the straight afterwards.

Let me know if you want me to try another car. Perhaps the Miker which I also own.

Thanks !

screenshots from one of supportes, Phillipe :) Thanks
Screenshot_fjunior_60_sandev_f3ct_24-11-118-14-4-36.jpg
Screenshot_fjunior_60_sandev_f3ct_24-11-118-14-5-9 (1).jpg
Screenshot_fjunior_60_sandev_f3ct_24-11-118-14-5-42 (1).jpg
Screenshot_fjunior_60_sandev_f3ct_24-11-118-14-6-55 (1).jpg

This mod is the perfect example for "paying modders to do something".... not the recent massive super gt fiasco. Bravo to everyone involved. Superb mod since day one.

This mod is the perfect example for "paying modders to do something".... not the recent massive super gt fiasco. Bravo to everyone involved. Superb mod since day one.
Sorry for off..but I would like to know about that fiasco ...Super GT thread is locked and thats it...strange.

Thanks for the update :) The vegetation on the '73 version of the circuit looks much better now.

The only thing I can see that needs improving at this stage is the AI. Using the '67 GPL pack, the drivers are crazy, divebombing and crashing all over the place! Watching a replay, it's like watching a Michael Bay movie! Once they've been calmed down a bit, I'd consider this mod finished :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back