Tracks Sandevoerde - F3 Classic Tracks.

Zandvoort 1969

XLXSIdk.jpg

I am working on a small update for Sandevoerde, just add Ambient Occlusion to pit building, tower and grand stand, for sure add a nice touch of realism. I am going to try to use a different approach for crowd people around track, but first i want to try if looks OK. Also work with 1973 version of track continues and made a great push on last few weeks :)
LEFT SIDE : no AO RIGHT SIDE : AO
Enjoy it :)

ao1.jpg
ao2.jpg

Just had some time to test new version. The only thing I don't quite like about about it is the vertical position of the sun, which changes the azimuth at different hours of the day, but always stays low as if Holland was located close to the North Pole ;). I know that highlights the surface reflections nicely, but on the other hand, it's impossible to get lighting conditions as on the photo above, even at noon.

The latest version from two (or three) days ago has the working 70s layout. The previous release only had a set of placeholder files for it so it won't load. Give Sergio a little shout and he'll make sure you get the update ;)

Just had some time to test new version. The only thing I don't quite like about about it is the vertical position of the sun, which changes the azimuth at different hours of the day, but always stays low as if Holland was located close to the North Pole ;). I know that highlights the surface reflections nicely, but on the other hand, it's impossible to get lighting conditions as on the photo above, even at noon.

i am going to take a look at it, and off course study a little bit about sun position too :)

i have some problem to load file to sellfy, i am going to try tomorrow at some friend that had a super fast connection, my connection feels like a dial-up :mad:, thats why dont update the test version with 1973 layout!!
thanks to all of you that support this project and happy because many of you comment about great time you have at this track :inlove:

Good job on the 1973 version :)

The only thing I noticed was that it is lacking the 3D grass of the other versions. You did a good job with those, so I hope this gets that nice little touch too in a future update.

Good job on the 1973 version :)

The only thing I noticed was that it is lacking the 3D grass of the other versions. You did a good job with those, so I hope this gets that nice little touch too in a future update.

the idea was to represent track has 1973 F1 GP, if you take a look at youtube vids most of grass was removed when armco was place. maybe in a future i can add some grass patches, but not soon.

the idea was to represent track has 1973 F1 GP, if you take a look at youtube vids most of grass was removed when armco was place. maybe in a future i can add some grass patches, but not soon.

I did wonder if that was the case, as most of the grass on the track side of the armco is now gone. Maybe a bit on the other side of the armco might be nice for replay value, but its not overly important.

I only really noticed it because you did such a good job with the grass on the other versions of the track.

I did wonder if that was the case, as most of the grass on the track side of the armco is now gone. Maybe a bit on the other side of the armco might be nice for replay value, but its not overly important.

I only really noticed it because you did such a good job with the grass on the other versions of the track.
yes!! at some point it looks so different to 60's version, and as you mentioned maybe some bit of grass here and there could be a good option :)

Hi Sergio,
Love the track. Have you considered creating a mid-80s version of the track? It seems it would only require a minor change from the 73 version.

... I say knowing nothing about how much work goes into this. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies