Tracks Sandevoerde - F3 Classic Tracks.

OK new AI is on the way :) enjoy it :)
i am going to load for TEST version too :)

I tested the new version. AI times are a lot better, good improvement indeed. However my lines are still quite different in some corners compared to the AI. They tend to go too wide in some. I'd also say AI lines for these kinds of cars are different to current day race cars. But since it's an old track I think the lines should match cars of that era. I would say my lines in the GTA would be quite similar to the ones I do with the F1 '67. Also, I'm not saying my lines are correct either.

Here is a video of me doing some laps chasing the AI. Sometimes we touch where the AI slowed down more than I expected. I try to stay behind the AI so you can see the difference in lines in some corners.

your line is correct, the problem with AI and this line is that they run at 1:27 or so when follow it.
i try to find out the problem but dont find any info or tip about this. I am going to keep digging.
Maybe i have to use a specific car for record lines, i dont remember to read about this, but who knows :)

Much better AI now.

I tried three different races on each layout, each with a different car - the Mazda MX5, a 2017 DTM pack and the 1967 F1 cars.

The slower MX5s ran the circuit absolutely fine. However, with the faster cars, I did notice that they ran a little wide on T2, where some (not all) would go off track, ride up the side of a dune, and then return to the track again. However, this is a huge improvement over the AI drivers before the update, which would go cartwheeling along the side of the track!

If I had any complaints, it would be that the AI can be a little aggressive now. On the 1965 version in particular, they would happily try to drive through me rather than around me, but maybe I just need to be faster...

other possible option is to a fast driver record the AI line and check if that helps, my best time is around 1:25.5 so maybe that the cause of lack of ai speed, not sure really.

Downloaded and installed ver 020718 of the track this morning and ran a bunch of laps with the GP Legends v2 cars. Later in the morning I got the updated 191118 track and updated AI. Much improved AI, they don't do too many silly things now and are fast enough that I am very hard pressed to make up many places starting from mid grid. :thumbsup:
Racked up 640km racing today at 1967 Sandevoerde. :)
GPL2_Sandevoerde.png

KO

Do you people think that GPL 2 is fine ? Considering that it might be a rip, also that it is basing a lot of it's success on a name, which I'd say is stolen as well.

Interesting lap times.
Do you think in that kind of tracks mclaren is slower than brm, cooper, ferrari and lotus?
With another version of Zandvoort 1967 I was quicker with the McLaren than the Eagle, Cooper, Brabham, Honda and BRM. At Kyalami 1967 my McLaren times were better than Honda, Cooper and BRM. It may be my driving style or I don't have the gearing quite right yet. My lap times are from doing 7 lap races usually starting 16th in a 16 car field so traffic comes into play too. Afterward I'd make some setup changes and try again.

Update:
After some more time in the McLaren, best of 1:21.788 and a lot of low 1:22s

KO

Last edited:
Downloaded and installed ver 020718 of the track this morning and ran a bunch of laps with the GP Legends v2 cars. Later in the morning I got the updated 191118 track and updated AI. Much improved AI, they don't do too many silly things now and are fast enough that I am very hard pressed to make up many places starting from mid grid. :thumbsup:
Racked up 640km racing today at 1967 Sandevoerde. :)
View attachment 280825
KO
thanks for report :)

DRM mod, 67 layout they are worse than they were before, cars coming off everywhere and slowing down behind each other
Which DRM mod did you use? I used the DTM pack and my results are posted above somewhere. I got cars going off-road at T2 (mainly due to the speed / angle at which they were taking that corner), but they were fine the rest of the time, from what I saw. Just a little aggressive in trying to drive through me rather than around me.

Which DRM mod did you use? I used the DTM pack and my results are posted above somewhere. I got cars going off-road at T2 (mainly due to the speed / angle at which they were taking that corner), but they were fine the rest of the time, from what I saw. Just a little aggressive in trying to drive through me rather than around me.

DRM Revival, did a short vid just sitting at the back to give Sergio a rough idea, their coming off between 3 and 4 and just after 4 as well, I've switched back to the old ai file which is slightly better for me

Hi
Just bought the track this morning but I can't access to 71 layout. Is it only available to beta tester ?
downloaded file was sandev_f3ct_FULL020718.rar
Size: 226.8MB
Is it the good one ? rar file only contains a subfolder under ui with png and json files about that layout version.

Here is error from Assetto corsa :

[SESSION_0] TYPE: 4
Creating physics track: sandev_f3ct [sandev71]
WARNING: Surface definition file content/tracks/sandev_f3ct/sandev71/data/surfaces.ini not found
ADDED TRACK SKIN OVERRIDE: default
Kunos Simulazioni: CRITICAL ERROR
ERROR, models_[config].ini file is required and not found in:content/tracks/sandev_f3ct/models_sandev71.ini

And obviously, there's no models_sandev71 file in my track folder.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back