Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before but how big of a difference do you think the 1000r vs 1800r will be? Reason I ask is because I am looking at an AOC 49 inch monitor (1440p) and it's available locally, whereas who know about the Odyssey will be. Basically, all of the specs of the AOC fit my wants/needs but I don't know if the curve is worth it.

Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0
@Mr Latte I think that is the feature you were waiting for all along :)

Yes, indeed exciting to see TVs becoming more used as monitors.

TV menu seems able to switch the GPU resolution but as yet they have not announced much more on this or if it works on either AMD / Nvidia or both.

In a single screen, you could have up to 8K resolution but that will be limited to 60Hz
You have 4K at 120Hz and I would hope the 21:9 & 32:9 would maintain 120Hz support but it may only offer 60Hz like LG OLED was with custom resolutions.

If a 55-65" screen was placed on a positional stand then the distance could be pushed further back for fullscreen usage or brought forward for upto 32:9 usage. Having the ability to now also shift the image up/down (for custom res) could also be useful.

Personally, I kinda want to replace my old display with a Phillips Ambilight TV but in 2020 they didn't even offer full HDMI 2.1 never mind advanced display features like this. Just keeping an eye on new tech whats happening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not the ideal place for this but didn't want to do a new thread on it...
Just a follow up,

Samsung Gamebar
Some reports over the last year that Samsung have been pushing Microsoft to offer 21:9 in some titles for Xbox
This "Gamebar" appears to be why and not just for 21:9 monitor owners as some assumed. Note images being shown already confirm that 32:9 is reserved only for PC.

Not yet confirmed but as we see a usage of this for the new Xbox it may be that this will be an AMD-supported feature. Another giveaway is this feature and with whatever models in TVs Samsung decide to offer this with?

Freesync Premium Pro
  • At least 120hz refresh rate at minimum FHD resolution
  • Support for low framerate compensation (LFC)
  • Low latency in SDR and HDR
  • Support for HDR with meticulous color and luminance certification

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure I will apply the FW. I cannot see an improvement benefitial to me. Or am I missing some important thing?

I haven't yet installed it but I don't think you're missing anything important, Rob. Going by the reddit comments it seems to include some small power saving fixes. Hopefully we'll see a more detailed official changelog in the near future once it gets released onto all of the regional support sites :)

Upvote 0
Samsung UK have a BRILL offer on this display at the moment
Upto 36 Months 0% with PayPal Credit & if you buy it with a tablet you get another 10% off

Won't post to my region or I would have been tempted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Posting as a warning, even though I know you people are much smarter than I! Needed to adjust the G9 a couple mm to the left and didnt wanna ask my wife for help, bracket jumped on the t nuts. Completely my fault.
IMG_1344_2.jpg

:*(

Upvote 0
little thing here, nothing worrysome but noticeable.
Only occures with acc, when i switch between the game and my desktop (alt tab) the screen always show the source like if i’m switching between sources althoutgh only source is dp 1.
So it’s not fluid like any other games when switching, it introduces a slight delay nothing really important thought.
but do any of you expérience it ?

Upvote 0
little thing here, nothing worrysome but noticeable.
Only occures with acc, when i switch between the game and my desktop (alt tab) the screen always show the source like if i’m switching between sources althoutgh only source is dp 1.
So it’s not fluid like any other games when switching, it introduces a slight delay nothing really important thought.
but do any of you expérience it ?
Hmm...not really. Which firmware are you using?

Upvote 0
1010.2 but problem was the same with 1008
Maybe something to do with monitor settings?
Just checked again, absolutely fluent and instantaneous for me (DP)

[EDIT] I mulled over this again and I might have seen what you described in 240Hz mode. Since then I exclusively use 120Hz mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i let 240 and aiming for 140 ish fps in acc a little less graphics candy but i love the extra fps + i play other racing game where 160 + fps is easy on the 3080
maybe i need to fiddle with nvidia panel

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play