Very sorry if this issue has been adressed already, I've searched the thread but couldn't find it here.

After release of the NGT Pack I tried the GT1 cars again after some time and they now have an issue with their wipers where they glitch around their resting sport when the car moves. It makes no difference if the wiper rests vertical or horizontal, but when horizontal (eg in the Lanzo) it only glitches upwards, where as with the Ferruccio 57 for example it glitches both sides. Then the wipers are activated they also glitch over their resting position but otherwise move smoothly.

I tested the Ferruccio 57, the Vortex and the Lanzo, but I guess it happens to the others as well. I can still test them later today and also post a video if necessary. This happens when Shader patch preview146 or preview164 are used, the wipers are OK on the latest recommended version which is preview140. The reason I'm posting this here is that I only have this issue with the RSS GT1 cars, neither other mods nor Kunos cars have this issue.

Hey guys ! :)
After a bit of testing, I found one thing that has to be changed.
- The sound, while I found the 360 sound being allright, I think that the 996 sound could be well improved. As it is far from that amazing 996 GT3-RSR sound.

Keep up the good work RSS ! ;)

Very sorry if this issue has been adressed already, I've searched the thread but couldn't find it here.

After release of the NGT Pack I tried the GT1 cars again after some time and they now have an issue with their wipers where they glitch around their resting sport when the car moves. It makes no difference if the wiper rests vertical or horizontal, but when horizontal (eg in the Lanzo) it only glitches upwards, where as with the Ferruccio 57 for example it glitches both sides. Then the wipers are activated they also glitch over their resting position but otherwise move smoothly.

I tested the Ferruccio 57, the Vortex and the Lanzo, but I guess it happens to the others as well. I can still test them later today and also post a video if necessary. This happens when Shader patch preview146 or preview164 are used, the wipers are OK on the latest recommended version which is preview140. The reason I'm posting this here is that I only have this issue with the RSS GT1 cars, neither other mods nor Kunos cars have this issue.

That's because no official cars have the "shaking" wipers (they vibrate a bit with speed). It's a problem with the Shader Patch, not our cars, so it should be fixed there.

That's because no official cars have the "shaking" wipers (they vibrate a bit with speed). It's a problem with the Shader Patch, not our cars, so it should be fixed there.
I guess so, as it depends on the CSP version used. Do the GTN cars have the shaking wipers? Because they don't have this issue on any CSP version.

Hey guys ! :)
After a bit of testing, I found one thing that has to be changed.
- The sound, while I found the 360 sound being allright, I think that the 996 sound could be well improved. As it is far from that amazing 996 GT3-RSR sound.

Am I the only one who hears what sounds like gravel trapped under the car in the 36 under power? I think the 96 sounds great.

Tbh the 96 sounds really off to me, especially inside the cockpit. You can easely see the difference between the game and the onboard video I've posted.
Outise of the 96, it sounds good, until you reach high-rpms, and the sound changes more to a 997 GT3-RSR or a 991 GT3-R sound.
For the 36, It's kinda the same story but in reverse. Cockpit sounds good. But outside, once you reach high rpms, the sound changes to a 458 GTE sound !

I agree with erba72. in cockpit, the 96 sounds like the Porsches present in Project CARS 2 :/ on the outside, at high RPM, there's the typical Porsche 911 whine present on those since the 997 car. while the 996 sounds just like the old exhaust and side exhausts of the current 991.2 RSR with even more basses. like this(the yellow white and green Yukos especially):

for the 36, indeed, on the outside, it sounds more like the F430 GT2 with a hint of the 458 GT2. I know, the engines are similar, but the exhaust also plays a bit in the sound shaping :)
here, you can hear that the high pitched whine is not present on the 360:

otherwise, those are perfectly giving me GTR2 memories. but it seems that the 96 misses the yellow stripe on top of the wheel :D

I agree with erba72. in cockpit, the 96 sounds like the Porsches present in Project CARS 2 :/ on the outside, at high RPM, there's the typical Porsche 911 whine present on those since the 997 car. while the 996 sounds just like the old exhaust and side exhausts of the current 991.2 RSR with even more basses. like this(the yellow white and green Yukos especially):

for the 36, indeed, on the outside, it sounds more like the F430 GT2 with a hint of the 458 GT2. I know, the engines are similar, but the exhaust also plays a bit in the sound shaping :)
here, you can hear that the high pitched whine is not present on the 360:

otherwise, those are perfectly giving me GTR2 memories. but it seems that the 96 misses the yellow stripe on top of the wheel :D
1000% agree with you !
Yeah, indeed. RSS GT/NGT mod is really giving me GTR2 nostalgia. And I'm even more a big fan of those cars as it's this game that brought me into simracing. That's why FIA GT and these cars really mean something to me, so I want this mod to be perfect ! ;)
I'm even thinking of bringing as much as possible FIA GT liveries from GTR2 to AC with this mod. Well, I just need to don't know what else to do to start that. Not gonna be the case for a moment for sure ...

I guess so, as it depends on the CSP version used. Do the GTN cars have the shaking wipers? Because they don't have this issue on any CSP version.
There's a simple solution to this when you're not playing with rain, just go to "Windscreen FX" and disable it. Wipers will now behave as intended with lesser shake at low speeds.

Ideally for most of this secondary stuff on csp to work (except maybe high-beams and rear lights), it would have to be explicitly added on configs instead running a guessing and enabling them everytime, and potentially messing with anything just released until patched up via config, a burden creators shouldn't have unless explicitly making mods for csp features.
It's possible to configure this effect via a cfg. Here's the documentation link

As an example, create a rss_gt_ferruccio_57.ini on assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded (if using auto-download, else if you've unpacked the whole github a while ago, you'll find it on assettocorsa\extension\config\cars) -- ensure you have only one file present. You'll probably find another in there (both for the 55, vortex and 57, with other small fixes related to bad csp guessing). Then add at the end:
Code:
[WIPERS]
WIND_THRESHOLDS_KMH = 500, 600
The same can be done to all other RSS GT cars.

This will cause the CSP wind shake animation thresholds to start at 500, and 600Km/h, instead of at default 0, 160 Km/h via guessing. The problem you're facing is that it applies its own guessing over already shaking wipers done by the RSS animation.
After this, they'll shake a bit less just like in vanilla, or if disabling Windscreen FX. There might be a more elegant way to do this, this is a hammer-style solution.

I've tested tested this on the recommended p140, which by default doesn't cause weirdly disjointed wiper movements, but will still make them shake too much over their pivot (without any of the tweaks above).

(I'll add to the broken car guessing buglist later today this problem with the GT pack and a suggestion to exclude also the N-GT wipers, in case x4fab looks at it; unfortunately no one seems to use it much)

Last edited:
Darche 96 seems to have really narrow track on the rear. Wheels seems to be hidden deep in the arches. I think it's a matter of few centimeters on both sides so quite a big difference.
Also the steering wheel placement is fairly obstructive. You cannot see the dashboard lights with any reasonable view settings.

Last edited:
The ferrucio is fun car to drive. It is really agile into the corners and rotates really well but also lets go if try too hard. Default setup too courageous for me tho. Did not drive the darche as much. Couple of things caught my eye. The window banner feels a bit low resolution from inside? And on the darche it seems to have double a-arm suspension on the rear. Didn't the 996 gt3 rsr (all models) have multilink on the rear which ac supports?

Any tips for driving the new cars? I'm finding them very difficult. I keep losing the back and can't recover once it starts. I feel like I have to nail every corner or I'll just slide off the track.

Reactions: CC
Any tips for driving the new cars? I'm finding them very difficult. I keep losing the back and can't recover once it starts. I feel like I have to nail every corner or I'll just slide off the track.
Softer rear suspension, softer rear arb and brake bias forward couple of percent worked fine for the ferrucio for me. I don't remember if the cars have adjustable dampers but adding more rebound to rear could help on turn in and braking.

Thanks for the tips, I'll make those changes and see what happens!

When I can hook a lap up, I'm pretty competitive against modern GT3, but I really have to be perfect. I feel like the 996 is actively trying to murder me. Interestingly, I feel much more confident on the medium compound vs. soft.

they are indeed running against the RSS GT pack. at the time of the early 2000 FIA GT Championship, there were 2 classes of cars. GT and N-GT. what would become later around 2006 the GT1 class and GT2 class(which becomes the GTE class in 2012). mainly, in the N-GT class, there were a fight for 2 manufacturers: Porsche and Ferrari. sometimes, other brands came in, but in the early 2000s, it was mainly Ferrari and Porsche. that's the reason why there's only 2 cars in the pack. as in 2004, there was mainly the Ferrari 360 Modena and the Porsche 996(in all of their variations). there was also a Nissan 350Z in the class, but it ran only in the 7th and 11th round of the season

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.