I hadn't noticed till now but in the 360 cockpit view, the gear shifter animation seems wierd. It pulls back on downshifts and pulls back for upshifts by itself as the revs nears peak, before I actually change gear. I may install v1 again to check, never noticed that issue before.
IMO that's an AC thing, has nothing to do with the mod.

IMO that's an AC thing, has nothing to do with the mod.
Yes sadly the animations inside the engine are created this way,
not sure why it was passed and deemed acceptable,

I mean for example why even go to the trouble of even making any animations at all if they are just "faked" or partly made, was a simple case of adding 2x anims to the code not 1 like the paddle shifts they work fine,
idk tons and tons of small shortcuts like this that add nothing to the experience the list is endless.

Yeah, definitely.

I'll see if I can do a silent update this weekend and post when it's ready, here. You can DL it from your original email.
The silent update for the GT-N pack has been uploaded. Please use your original download email to find the same file. You can check the darche/sfx folder and see the date of the file is today to verify.

This is the only thing that has changed.

The silent update for the GT-N pack has been uploaded. Please use your original download email to find the same file. You can check the darche/sfx folder and see the date of the file is today to verify.

This is the only thing that has changed.
thanks man, will give it a try now. Should I just extract the rss_gtn_darche_96.bank file, right?

Edit: just tried it and it's much better!! thanks!!

Last edited:
Um...is this intended?
Screenshot_ks_maserati_mc12_gt1_rss_spa_15-8-119-20-51-24.jpg

It seems like it's LOD related and it only effects the Darche.
As comical as it is it's a bit immersion breaking :roflmao:
Edit: Upon further inspection is seems to be related to CSP/Having about 50 cars of mixed variety on track?
Not really sure why it only seems to effect this car though.
Screenshot_ks_maserati_mc12_gt1_rss_spa_15-8-119-21-24-23.jpg

Last edited:
If you find the exact option causing it, please report it so other users know what to do. P.e., the Ferrucio 57 can't have "force low-res cockpits for other cars in first person view" active.

Edit: Found a way to reproduce it right at the start of loading a Spa replay, and it's not directly related to LOD options on the graphics adjustments page. Even without anything forced in that page the issue will happen. I've found a way to stop it by disabling all default optimizations, will update this post later with the offending one. Vanilla AC is OK.
I've found it hard to reproduce because I don't seem to get in such a obvious way as in your screenshot, and after a while and some camera changes, it'll even become OK at the start of the replay.
Screenshot_rss_gtn_darche_96_spa_16-8-119-2-53-29.jpg(green helmet over leading car)

Edit2: On my system, w/ p185 and new p194, "limit some things if there are a lot of cars" under general patch settings>cpu optimizations is the setting to blame if custom node::render is left active* (required for new features after p112). Haven't tested in depth, but at least right of the start of the replay the issue is immediately gone with solely that option disabled.
Screenshot_rss_gtn_darche_96_spa_16-8-119-3-15-4.jpg

*disabling "use custom Node::render" will also work, because then "limit some things..." won't be able to be used even if the option if left enabled in the UI. Disabling "Custom cars sorting" will also work, because it forces off custom Node::render off. Still, the best solution is to just disable "limit some things..." instead of disabling custom Node::render completely, because many recently introduced stuff depends on it (like Extra FX).

Last edited:
Wow you tracked that down fast!
I had to leave for work so I didn't really have a chance to mess around with the settings.
I'll have to give it a go tomorrow when I get home.
Hopefully it won't impact performance too much, or else I'll just have to live with it as I'm already pushing the limits of what my system can handle in VR.
Thanks for looking into it all the same!

Just had a strange visual glitch with Ferruccio 57, like a brown spike or rope protruding from the cockpit. It only appears in corners and then goes away, and not in every corner. Track is Okayama. Using CSP preview185 and latest Sol. I use force low-res cockpit and drivers for other cars settings, not sure if that has something to do with it

Attachments

• 20190819010112_1.jpg
    20190819010112_1.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 20190819010128_1.jpg
    20190819010128_1.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 274
Why is that?
The visual glitch you posted is exactly what happens to the 57 when "force low-res cockpits for other cars in first person view" is enabled. You'll see the brown hoses stretching, probably until track origin.
As CC explained, it has to do with those settings expecting a different LOD hierarchy.

Edit: If you look carefully, other than the hoses stretched, you'll also notice that a great part of the interior will go missing and see through. image Don't mind about the notepad cap, it was to show that a recently introduced LOD related line in the car config unfortunately isn't enough to solve the issue.

Last edited:
Funny how it only makes the brown hoses glitch and nothing else. Might be possible to fix it. Guess I have to turn the setting off then

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 69 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.8%