Possible new skin base, not sure yet. Based on a skin from a completely different 550 (ie not a Prodrive), but I liked the look of it. May also colour some of the carbon bits (sills etc) to match.

TQ59p9xh.jpg

ZQ8HykHh.jpg

rqiP9hMh.jpg

biPXmJah.jpg

3kyx20rh.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't Emil Frey planning something like that anyway? Remember hearing about their GT3 Jag plans.

Over the last several years there's been a variety of GT3 FType rumors. Unfortunately all have failed to come to fruition. It's the one car remaining that I would love to see a GT3 variant of.

That's a great looking base, @garyjpaterson - I like the design and think it would make a great base in other colors too. :thumbsup:

I've never heard a better sounding stock exhaust than the Jaguar F-type -- ferocious. My brother almost pulled the trigger on buying one but chose an M4 instead. :(

That's a great looking base, @garyjpaterson - I like the design and think it would make a great base in other colors too. :thumbsup:

I've never heard a better sounding stock exhaust than the Jaguar F-type -- ferocious. My brother almost pulled the trigger on buying one but chose an M4 instead. :(
Cheers, I'm not a skinner myself but trying some simple ones to get the hang of 3d painting :D

I had a neighbour who bought a V8 F-type a few year back, only lasted a few months before it ended up on its roof... :O_o::confused: They have a Mustang now, which given the price is probably what I'd go for too.

One more sort-of 550 livery base. Good luck to anyone skinning over those bonnet louvres without some 3d help :roflmao: Well I found it tricky anyway, but I'm a noob at this stuff :p

BeDY1FOh.jpg

8E2YQvCh.jpg

6y7JLP8h.jpg

Mx8smsnh.jpg

DaTEmK0h.jpg

Never done 3D painting but I´ve painted several logos on the skirt vents and hood of the GT3R. Yeah, takes about a days worth of dedicated work but it can be done. I don´t have photoshop and won´t be able to afford a current version, so GIMP it is. Maybe 3D is possible there too, don´t actually know.

This might take two days (16h) to place some logos in 2D but you can still make yourself believe that it´s all fun.

Looking good!

Tired of screenshots :unsure:
Work still left to do I'm afraid, we're all flat out to get these out as soon as we can! I want to release it as much as everyone else, I can promise you.

Screens are a quick way of letting you guys know what we're currently working on. If you don't want to see them, that's completely fine. Though if that is the case, best option is just avoiding the thread, because that is the primary purpose; posting updates.

Work still left to do I'm afraid, we're all flat out to get these out as soon as we can! I want to release it as much as everyone else, I can promise you.

Screens are a quick way of letting you guys know what we're currently working on. If you don't want to see them, that's completely fine. Though if that is the case, best option is just avoiding the thread, because that is the primary purpose; posting updates.

Spam away, this thread is inspiring! (If you want to call it spam at all...)

Mmmmm I really like how those base skins look when the cars are lined up on the track @garyjpaterson. One reason I like base skins - I go total nerd with Content Manager and assign my IRL friends names as drivers in AC and I like to assign them to team names I've invented too. So, with base skins I can just slap numbers on the cars and there's 3 drivers from Team A, 3 drivers from Team B, etc..etc.. Those look really sharp too! Bravo! :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 61 88.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.4%