• Deleted member 197115

I went the opposite way on G9 by moving it up as it was quite difficult to see on screen dashboard and overall was blocking good chunk of the view, operating some UI items was also a nuisance as I had to peek behind the wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
can do - i mounted the frex with ALU brackets
73mm height - 80 width

1634230058866.png

Last edited:
DIY - encoder ALU caps

you know my steering wheels and you know that i love to push them towards a unique level. At my DIY encoder chapter i tried to show you a low cost solution. I use this technique for testing purposes only. PLA is a great material but the final wheel needs to have ALU knobs. And i have to say PLA costs some time and effort to make them good looking. In case you like to reach the final DIY step send your step files to a professional CNC guy. Take care, some companies ask terrible prototype costs, but if you start to search and build a DIY network you will find your parnter of choice. The result is outstanding and it will push your steering wheel into antother DIY level.

BMW M8 GTE
IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

McLaren 720s GT3
IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

Cosworth ccw mk2
IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2238.JPG

Last edited:
Top notch log and top notch rig, my friend. Gives me a bit of encouragement to see you say you went from a novice to this....seems like such a steep mountain to climb sometimes :)

I'll be following along!

Last edited:
some new ideas how to get a stream deck medium mounted to your rig
design done by a forum colleague - he offered to add it to my thingi folders

1635513854824.png

1635513865545.png

Last edited:
Tactile - part06 - Behringer Fan Mod

some pictures - Behringer's are now silent - i would call it "ready for bed room"

used fan - https://noctua.at/de/products/fan/nf-a8-flx

Step 1 - grab some good tools - high qual screw driver and solder station
IMG_2401.JPG

Step 2 - open your Behringer
IMG_2402.JPG

Step 3 - look for fan connector and take it off - take care, glued to the connector
IMG_2403.JPG

Step 4 - sold "old" connector to the extension cable of the new fan
IMG_2404.JPG

Step 5 - fan assembly and test
IMG_2405.JPG

Step 6 - mount air housing
IMG_2406.JPG

ALTERNATIVE Step 3 & 4 - cut the fan cable without opening the glued connector. solder the extension cable within the Behringer case.
IMG_2407.JPG

Last edited:
About to do the fan mod myself. Can’t you just pick the glue off and disconnect the old fan, then plug the new Noctua fan in keeping the black and red wires in the same orientation? The 3-pin from the fan plug will have an extra pin hole off to the side, with no pin in it, but still works. No need to cut and old solder any wires.

At least that’s the way I’ve seen the YouTube videos I’ve watched do it. Just trying to make sure my plan isn’t flawed.

Last edited:
About to do the fan mod myself. Can’t you just pick the glue off and disconnect the old fan, then plug the new Noctua fan in keeping the black and red wires in the same orientation? The 3-pin from the fan plug will have an extra pin hole off to the side, with no pin in it, but still works. No need to cut and old solder any wires.

At least that’s the way I’ve seen the YouTube videos I’ve watched do it. Just trying to make sure my plan isn’t flawed.
For me, the Noctua plug was physically not compatible with the original Behringer one, so i had to solder the Behringer plug to the Noctua. Not a big deal though...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.