just amazed by this screen - so much better than cheap displays

I googled the price and had to do a double-take. Did they add a zero by mistake :) ?
Speaking of screens, you posted a case for a vocore screen
What is the size of the screen?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, I'm trying to dabble into the realm of tactile and I figured I would start with the seat. I'm trying to dig through the 200+ pages that @Mr Latte started and its overwhelming, so I figured I would ask here as your seat setup seems straight forward.

In one post you mentioned using a couple different exciters than the Dayton DAEX32EP-4, do you wish you did that? Have you ever played with Dayton's BST-1, I wasn't sure if it would be better to just VHB tape them to the seat.

Hi

VHB to my seat is a great solution. EXC are great and the perfect topping to TST/LFE
i like this page - a good explain why i want a EXC and not a Bass Shaker on my seat

7) Can I attach exciters to ordinary surfaces (walls, ceilings, doors)?

Yes! Exciters can turn ordinary surfaces into high-quality speakers, and exciters can often be hidden behind or inside panels to provide sound from an invisible source. Unlike in-wall speakers, which interface directly with the air and require visible grilles to protect the drivers, an exciter sets the wall surface itself into motion to produce sound, so no grille is required. The surfaces that will give the best performance are those which are thin and light, like cabinet doors in a kitchen, or a fiberglass shower enclosure.

8) How does an exciter differ from a "bass shaker" device?

Exciters differ from "bass shakers" in two important ways. Normally, a bass shaker device will have an internal mass element inside a housing, and the reaction force from vibrating the mass creates the low-frequency bass vibrations. In an exciter, the mass of the motor structure remains stationary by its own inertia, and vibrating energy is transferred directly to the surface by the voice coil. Also, the design of a bass shaker is usually limited to low frequencies because of the large mass involved, while an exciter can produce the full range of sound because the moving mass is low. Choosing an exciter with a suspension system that is more "stiff" can increase the sound efficiency of the exciter and panel, while limiting low frequencies.

Hi

VHB to my seat is a great solution. EXC are great and the perfect topping to TST/LFE
i like this page - a good explain why i want a EXC and not a Bass Shaker on my seat

Yes Dayton Audio have good product I heard.

But what is VHB??

From the 3M website:

With 3M™ VHB™ Tapes, you can maintain consistency from sketch to construction, eliminating distracting, visible fasteners, like screws and bolts. These high-strength, double-sided acrylic foam tapes let you quickly and easily create a long-lasting bond that actually builds strength over time. With the ability to join a variety of materials including aluminum, steel, glass, plastics and painted and powder-coated surfaces, they provide resilient bonding solutions in just about anything you can dream up.

Hi Peter,

Big thank you for this post. May I check if the below would still be the go-to list in Mar 2022? Thank you.

22 - Tactile - part 03 - used parts

LFE&TST
2 x Behringer NX3000D - LINK
2 x Kabel - soundcard to NX3000D - LINK
2 x Banana Plug Black - LFE - LINK
2 x Banana Plug Red - LFE - LINK
1 x Kabel - NX3000D -> TST & NX3000D -> LFE - LINK
6 x NL2 FX - NX3000D -> TST & NX3000D -> LFE - LINK
2 x NL4 MNX - NX3000D -> TST - LINK
2 x BK LFE - LINK
2 x TST429 - LINK

EXE