• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured rFactor 2: The Big Interview (Part 3)

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 7, 2019.

1. azqa

azqa

Ratings:
    +7
    Everything is important. Graphics are one of the most important things....

But physics and realism as a whole (realroad, rain physics, realism of official cars, cycle day / night ...) are just 1000 times more important for me.

That's why I use rF2 exclusively.

I would love to have the ACC graphics on rF2.

But I play rF2 in 100% full ultra (VR), and frankly the graphics are beautiful.

There are a lot of people who say that rF2 is ugly, but they did not even try in 100% full ultra, with the day/night cycle, clouds, and a wet road (puddles, reflections, rain on windshield and bodywork).

The fact is that the vast majority of simracers do not place like me realism before anything else, and focus on graphics and ease.

I respect that.
    It takes all tastes !!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +630
    Three thing you also need to keep in mind. ACC as superior graphic if you have state of the art pc to take advantage of the very hungry ACC graphic, leading edge always as a price. Since only a limited number of user have the necessary hardware, expecting mass appeal at this time is very optimistic
    Second, competing online requires practice and a certain level of comfort that comes with time, ACC is about a month old, RF2 as been here forever.
    Third, online driver like their 3 screens set up to compete, at this time ACC is struggling with 3 screen support.
    Time will tell, but if I was a betting men, my money would go on better graphics and good physic.
    Good look will prevail. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +291
    Better physics and good graphics would be my choice but of course it would be awesome to have both.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,332
    Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  5. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +533
    Have the puddles of milk frozen in that picture? Here's what a partially wet track looks like in real life:
    https://assets.blackxperience.com/c...2017-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-sf70h-5419534.jpg
    https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images...016-the-grid-before-the-start-of-the-race.jpg
    https://cdn-2.latimages.com/images/mgl/zLEe7/s3/_X4I9100.jpg
    Not like this:
    https://gazeta.spb.ru/f/a0/ru/auto/201902/11181050.1.jpg
    https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1087335

Here's pro tip. If you are going to argue something looks realistic try to find a real life picture of the same thing. Rf2 can look decent in pictures but it rarely looks realistic. Same thing about the videos earlier.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie

Ratings:
    +69
    I would put the music in the same place I'd place 3d grass. I read in the interview answers that Zandvvoot actually HAD 3d grass. I did not know this, I did not notice this, I do not.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fireballr18

fireballr18

Ratings:
    +39
    Looking forward to the final part of the interview today. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. mr Sw1tchblade

mr Sw1tchblade

Ratings:
    +67
    F1 game is the best f1 simulation out there.
    Cap obvious.

9. Tony

Tony
    APIA RACING Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +714
    Agreed, But not looking forward to the mindless my game is better that your game dribble that will surely follow:)

• Haha Haha x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  10. Jriv012

Jriv012
    Riverside Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Ugh,

Competition System has taken two years, not out yet, and Off-line Championships will be second stage??

I guess I am "stuck" with ACC on that one... :D

11. mr Sw1tchblade

mr Sw1tchblade

Ratings:
    +67
    And ACC2/AC2 too. It will take years S397 to implement things mentioned in this interview. Maybe, just maybe new ui and competition system will out of open beta at the end of this year

12. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +339
    Put track detail on full and 3D grass has grown all over the track.
    Also animated flags come up than in the qualy and race.

13. boern69

boern69

Ratings:
    +15
    To solve this rf2 dilemma ->
    the major problems have to be admitted and solved in this decade

graphics crap ->rf1 has better look with srpl and some modern tracks and cars
    fps crap ->rf1 is running better even if u use a 2. core / u need a nasa pc to run rf2 fluid in full field
    modding crap ->rf1 is easy to mod this is important for the lifetime of a game / nobody wants to
    make mods on rf2 u need more software and more time
    ui crap no comment needed
    loading time crap
    beta state over 8 year now crap
    marketing crap what should we do with all this headlines if the problems are admitted but not solved
    online gaming crap ->personal i dont need online racing if I could race with a godd AI
    but the game industry wants online and dlcs to milk the last penny out of the customers
    anyway if u want online racing its crap because it does not work

IMO
    u better take rf1 give it VR and a UI that would take the game far beyond what it is now

• Disagree Disagree x 15
    • Haha Haha x 3
  14. Cristian Luis

Cristian Luis

Ratings:
    +14
    Hmmmmm...

Maybe Codemasters is not as arcade/simcade as people tend to portrait it.

(to the rest of the community: please, no ad hominem).

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Cristian Luis

Cristian Luis

Ratings:
    +14
    Whoa! I never expected to have my question answered. I found myself honestly surprised when I come to read this specific part.

My question has been misunderstood, but one of the users got the point.

"You guys can introduce the option to have music in the menu and in the car and give to the player an empty folder where he can put the music he likes. That's it." (GianlucaP).

As far as I know, no user has found the way to enable rFactor2's music in the main menu. How can you enable it?

Kind regards,
    Cristian Luis.

16. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +668
    It probably doesn't work, I'm not sure if the new UI will even have any form of a Music option. As before if you want to listen to your own music the best way is to use another app, as any form of Music Player in game would be a very low priority item.

17. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +334
    Nice interviews and really interesting to read, could have done without the sly dig from Boby Kim though, it's that sort of petty nastiness which does the community no favours at all.

18. Rujasu

Rujasu

Ratings:
    +0
    That's available for any new AI driver you create through the tuning menu, and any that you manually make a skin folder and RCD file for.
    That said, at least the latter is completely non-functional right now, so who knows.

Edit: I'd like to retract my statement. Seems the veh file names changed at some point, which is why none of my existing virtual rides showed up anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lazarou

Lazarou

Ratings:
    +1,184
    It's something the community excels in (amongst some more admirable qualities I may add).

20. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,081
    Wow some of the comments on here obviously from people that don’t like or play rF2 why do even bother replying to thread when you think it’s crap.
    Some people really need to get a life.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Beer Beer x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.