rF2 Simhub Overlays

Misc rF2 Simhub Overlays v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gets even better... thank for the update.

I have 2 small issue.

1) The 'car ahead' module... desappear... too fast... like less than 1s.
2) The leadboard show minus number when there is only 1 persone in the session.
and if we get 4 people, for example, it show the grid in double... 1to4, then 0 empty, and 1to4 again.
no issue with bigger grid... I think.

Just wondering if I'm the only one with this issues.

Gets even better... thank for the update.

I have 2 small issue.

1) The 'car ahead' module... desappear... too fast... like less than 1s.
2) The leadboard show minus number when there is only 1 persone in the session.
and if we get 4 people, for example, it show the grid in double... 1to4, then 0 empty, and 1to4 again.
no issue with bigger grid... I think.

Just wondering if I'm the only one with this issues.
I've not had the Car Ahead issue disappearing that quick before. You have to be within a range of the car. So if you are in range it will show, then out of range it will disappear. If you set some AI to be really slow, then drive behind them it should stay there until you are out of range.

The Leaderboard was only really designed with actual cars on the track in mind.
I'll add it to my things to do list :)

Did some more testing and it does stay on when you are close to the opponent.
it just some case where you are a the distance limit... where it come and goes really fast.

Maybe just a little more minimum persistance time would help.

BTW the 'new' cleaner design for this module look great... since I'd like it to show a bit more often.
What can I tweak for it to show the car ahead gap until like 4/5s...? right now it's shows a range that's very often below 2s, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Did some more testing and it does stay on when you are close to the opponent.
it just some case where you are a the distance limit... where it come and goes really fast.

Maybe just a little more minimum persistance time would help.

BTW the 'new' cleaner design for this module look great... since I'd like it to show a bit more often.
What can I tweak for it to show the car ahead gap until like 4/5s...? right now it's shows a range that's very often below 2s, if I'm not mistaken.
Glad you like the updates :)
Got a few little things more to do, which is taking longer than I thought.

Anyway, yeah, the gap to car in front is hard baked into the code in the Plugin.
I could add an option for it so that it can be tweaked if you so wish.

I'll add it on to my list of things to do :)

Glad you like the updates :)
Got a few little things more to do, which is taking longer than I thought.

Anyway, yeah, the gap to car in front is hard baked into the code in the Plugin.
I could add an option for it so that it can be tweaked if you so wish.

I'll add it on to my list of things to do :)

No worries. I was asking just in case it was doable via the editor itself.
I'll try to play with it myself... as I'm sure the 'to do list' is probably already a long one.

Just do what you feel like is best... as far as I'm concerned it's already great... anything else I'll take as a bonus.

I hope I didn't miss anything from the manual. While driving, the drivers' name in the leadeatboard widget is white for me and grey for opponents, both without any background (which instead I see in the preview images here on RD).
Is it something that can be set within the different dashboards?

I hope I didn't miss anything from the manual. While driving, the drivers' name in the leadeatboard widget is white for me and grey for opponents, both without any background (which instead I see in the preview images here on RD).
Is it something that can be set within the different dashboards?
Which version of SimHub do you have?
Make sure you are on the latest version :)

Which version of SimHub do you have?
Make sure you are on the latest version :)
I'm on 8.2.3 and widgets are on 1.9.11. Also, FFB meter is basically black on dark grey background and becomes yellow only when clipping.
I tried to completely remove the rF2 folders, the js files and the dll; after adding them back, SimHub asked me if I wanted to enable the new plugin and I confirmed it. You can see in the screen my current layout.
I even tried to reinstall SimHub from scratch after deleting the remaining files in SimHub folder, but leaderboard remained the same.

Attachments

• Senza titolo.jpg
    Senza titolo.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 57
Just tried enable every module... and I can confirm... I have the same as described (and shown) by @Uff.

Also, while we are at it... in case you end up re-working the leaderboard... would be nice to have the option to remove the () before our name... I'm guessing it for putting your nationality like (UK).

Don't think it look good or even make sense, anyway, plus it's only for the player... usually I know my own nationality, that's others one's that I might need to know... :) ... would probably be better without anyway... the simplier the better.

Last edited:
Just tried enable every module... and I can confirm... I have the same as described (and shown) by @Uff.

Also, while we are at it... in case you end up re-working the leaderboard... would be nice to have the option to remove the () before our name... I'm guessing it for putting your nationality like (UK).

Don't think it look good or even make sense, anyway, plus it's only for the player... usually I know my own nationality, that's others one's that I might need to know... :) ... would probably be better without anyway... the simplier the better.
The () can be hidden by turning off thr nationality in thr plugin options.

As for the leaderboard issue, I don't know what's going on there.

Have you tried opening the leaderbaord overlay, save it then close it?

Have you tried opening the leaderbaord overlay, save it then close it?
Do you mean the Overlay layout editor (the one with the "Hide when not in race" checkbox)?
I did try to remove the leaderboard from the layout, then I tried to add it back again, but the behavior is the same.
Could it be vehicle related? Right now I'm testing with USF2000 at Lime Rock Park.
Within the Leaderboard Options, all the settings are off (national flags, car logos etc).

Do you mean the Overlay layout editor (the one with the "Hide when not in race" checkbox)?
I did try to remove the leaderboard from the layout, then I tried to add it back again, but the behavior is the same.
Could it be vehicle related? Right now I'm testing with USF2000 at Lime Rock Park.
Within the Leaderboard Options, all the settings are off (national flags, car logos etc).
Hi

So, I've just used the Leaderboard from the download. Everything works fine at my end.

SimHub needs a few clean laps of any track for everything to kick in and start working correctly.

The Overlay Layout Editor, just locates the overlays on the screen.
If you close that, select 'Dash Studio' from the left hand side, then in the right hand window, select 'Overlays'. Then, scroll down until you see 'rF2 - Leaderboard', open it up, then maybe move something left then right, and save and close it.

Did some digging with Overlay layout editor... nothing work... until I noticed...
I had 'Force Leaderboard to Class View' activated... don't remember activating it tough.

But switching it off... fix the learderboard... for me at least... You should try that @Uff

Last edited:
Reactions: Uff
Yes, it solves the problem for me too. For some reason I had both switches off. After enabling one of them, they started to work properly (one of the two can be enabled, but not both).

Thanks for the support to the both of you. :)

man, i recently reinstalled simhub and rf2 , cant get the overlays to work , namely when i add overlays to simhub it just doesent seem to recognise the new plugin , used and loved it before, any idea what the issue can be ?

man, i recently reinstalled simhub and rf2 , cant get the overlays to work , namely when i add overlays to simhub it just doesent seem to recognise the new plugin , used and loved it before, any idea what the issue can be ?
You've followed the steps in the User guide?
Have you configured SimHub to use rF2 correctly?

R00b_Driver updated rF2 Simhub Overlays with a new update entry:

Version 2.0

Lots of long standing issues corrected in this update.

* Plugin Options
- Deleted number of AI required (plugin code has been re-worked so this is no longer required)
- Deleted option 'Show your National Flag' (now only uses 'Show National Flags')
- Added parameters to plugin settings to control when the Car In Front overlay appears and disappears.

* New update to plugin (now v1.1)
- Removed JavaScript extension 'rF2_IsOutlap.js' and added code into plugin

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 57 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 92 57.9%