rF2 Simhub Overlays

Misc rF2 Simhub Overlays v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey mate,

I really appreciate your hard work on these overlays, something the devs of this game have missed for a long time. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get your overlays run properly. When I'm in a race all of the overlays are showing up as designed in the simhub overlay editor, but the data from the individual overlays is freezing all the time.
e.g. the Advanced Pedals Overlay is showing inputs from my pedals, but the others are freezing. Or radar is showing cars nearby, and all other overlays are freezing. What is it that I am potentially missing here? I am on latest simhub 8.2.0 (licensed) and latest rF2 build.
I know you mentioned to do a few clean laps before everything starts working, but I have now done like 20 laps on Nurburgring and another 50 on Daytona Oval and still getting the same data freeze.

Maybe worth mentioning that I am also using Shakelt Motors and Shakelt Wind in Simhub, might be too much data at the same time?

Thank you and Merry xMas

Last edited:
Hey mate,

I really appreciate your hard work on these overlays, something the devs of this game have missed for a long time. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get your overlays run properly. When I'm in a race all of the overlays are showing up as designed in the simhub overlay editor, but the data from the individual overlays is freezing all the time.
e.g. the Advanced Pedals Overlay is showing inputs from my pedals, but the others are freezing. Or radar is showing cars nearby, and all other overlays are freezing. What is it that I am potentially missing here? I am on latest simhub 8.2.0 (licensed) and latest rF2 build.
I know you mentioned to do a few clean laps before everything starts working, but I have now done like 20 laps on Nurburgring and another 50 on Daytona Oval and still getting the same data freeze.

Maybe worth mentioning that I am also using Shakelt Motors and Shakelt Wind in Simhub, might be too much data at the same time?

Thank you and Merry xMas
Hello frendo

Yeah, hmmm, never experienced that myself.

And yeah - it's normally just 2..3 laps on a circuit - then it should all fire into life, so there must be something else amiss.

So, in rF2 Graphics properties, I have mine set to 'Borderles' mode - which has always worked fine.

In SimHub settings there is this option:
1671872820584.png

And also this option:
1671872837426.png

Another thing to check is if there are any System Log errors being generated.
Maybe another plugin is conflicting?

I have the 'ShakeIt Bass Shakers' plugin enabled and it is fine - so that should be ok.

What CPU do you have - is it modern enough?
I thing SimHub will use the CPU...

Good luck!!

Hello frendo

Yeah, hmmm, never experienced that myself.

And yeah - it's normally just 2..3 laps on a circuit - then it should all fire into life, so there must be something else amiss.

So, in rF2 Graphics properties, I have mine set to 'Borderles' mode - which has always worked fine.

In SimHub settings there is this option:
View attachment 625689

And also this option:
View attachment 625690

Another thing to check is if there are any System Log errors being generated.
Maybe another plugin is conflicting?

I have the 'ShakeIt Bass Shakers' plugin enabled and it is fine - so that should be ok.

What CPU do you have - is it modern enough?
I thing SimHub will use the CPU...

Good luck!!
I am also on Borderless mode, using CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D which should be modern enough I guess.

I will try to setup everything from scratch and disable any unused plugins to avoid conflicts.

Is there any further settings to do in rFactor2 apart from the Shared Memory Plugin which needs to be activated ingame?

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
I am also on Borderless mode, using CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D which should be modern enough I guess.

I will try to setup everything from scratch and disable any unused plugins to avoid conflicts.

Is there any further settings to do in rFactor2 apart from the Shared Memory Plugin which needs to be activated ingame?

Thanks a lot :)
Nope- that's all there is.

And your cpu is a beast (I only have an i7-7700k and it runs smooth as silk).

I would give those other options in SimHub a go.

Good luck and merry Christmas!!

Nope- that's all there is.

And your cpu is a beast (I only have an i7-7700k and it runs smooth as silk).

I would give those other options in SimHub a go.

Good luck and merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas, I got your overlays to work properly now, but unfortunately they will only work in rFactor2 windowed mode (for me) which introduces microstutter and does not allow freesync to work. So now the overlays are smooth and the game itself is stuttering.

I think it's some kind of sim hub setting that I am missing here. Whenever I am using borderless mode I can see the overlays on screen but they are constantly freezing. When hitting ALT+TAB in borderless mode I can see how the overlays get back to normal.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas, I got your overlays to work properly now, but unfortunately they will only work in rFactor2 windowed mode (for me) which introduces microstutter and does not allow freesync to work. So now the overlays are smooth and the game itself is stuttering.

I think it's some kind of sim hub setting that I am missing here. Whenever I am using borderless mode I can see the overlays on screen but they are constantly freezing. When hitting ALT+TAB in borderless mode I can see how the overlays get back to normal.
Ohhh no, sorry about that dude.the only SimHub settings I know of are the ones I posted above.

Good luck and merry Christmas!!!

I found out these overlays only a few days ago, but now I can't race anymore without them. :)
I have one question though: how are brake discs temperatures (color, actually) calculated? I noticed that with Formula Pro they get red even if temperatures are around 600/700 degrees, so still far from the 1000 (where I would expect them to be fully operational). This brought me at first to increase brake duct to cool them better, even if I then discovered I was still far from the limit.
Is there a way to customize colors per car type? Thanks.

I found out these overlays only a few days ago, but now I can't race anymore without them. :)
I have one question though: how are brake discs temperatures (color, actually) calculated? I noticed that with Formula Pro they get red even if temperatures are around 600/700 degrees, so still far from the 1000 (where I would expect them to be fully operational). This brought me at first to increase brake duct to cool them better, even if I then discovered I was still far from the limit.
Is there a way to customize colors per car type? Thanks.
Hello!

And excellent, glad you like them :)

The colour of the brakes are hard coded into the overlays, as I don't believe rF2 provides the max brake temperature for each type of car.

So, your best bet, is to copy/paste the overlay and edit the values to suit the car you need. Then you can create an overlay layout using that new overlay just for the fPro.

I never race the formula pro, as I suck at quick open wheelers - like really suck :)

It's fairly self explainatory, there's a good SimHub discord with lots of knowledgeable people

Good luck and happy chrimbo!!

Reactions: Uff
Great stuff Roob! Can the leaderboard be used for broadcasting? like when joining as spectator will it pick up all the clients? it looks so much better than the default rf2 broadcast leaderboard :geek: .. I want to use them while broadcasting / streaming with OSB if possible. thanks!

Great stuff Roob! Can the leaderboard be used for broadcasting? like when joining as spectator will it pick up all the clients? it looks so much better than the default rf2 broadcast leaderboard :geek: .. I want to use them while broadcasting / streaming with OSB if possible. thanks!
Glad you like it!!

As for broadcasting - no idea - never tried it! Give it a go, if it works then it works, if not then soz.

:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea