rF2 Simhub Overlays

Misc rF2 Simhub Overlays v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi "Roob", :)

is it possible to set the radar so that it only fades in when there is a vehicle near me?

Currently I always see the gray bar in the middle, even if I am alone on the track.

Second question: Am I using the correct leaderboard display so that I can see other classes like LMP1 etc.?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Thomas

Attachments

• radar.jpg
    radar.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 59
  • hud.jpg
    hud.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 55
Hi "Roob", :)

is it possible to set the radar so that it only fades in when there is a vehicle near me?

Currently I always see the gray bar in the middle, even if I am alone on the track.

Second question: Am I using the correct leaderboard display so that I can see other classes like LMP1 etc.?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Thomas
Hello Thomas!

Yeah, so the radar should automatically disappear by itself after a few good laps of the circuit. My Radar only pops open when cars are nearby.

Sometimes SimHub Overlays can get a bit stuck, and require restarting, to do this from your wheel bind a button to 'Restart running overlay layouts':

1676451342312.png

As for the Leaderboard it should automatically switch over if it detects multiple classes in the race. Just make sure you have the 'Auto Switching' - 'Force Leaderboard...' both off for automatic switching.

1676451415333.png

With all that said, I saw on your screenshot that there were some missing car manufacture logos - do you remember what cars they were? I can update the images to include them then :)

Hope it helps - any other problems drop a message here

:)

Hello,

thank you very much for your quick feedback. :) I have not yet been able to test it again.

I was surprised that the radar always shows, even if I for example only drive on a test server with friends on the Nordschleife.

So far, the radar has never become invisible, but maybe I have also driven too few races. So far I always see the gray bar in the middle.

But I'll test it again with the mentioned option and eventually report back to you.

By the way, the screenshot is from a training on the Nordschleife, without AI! The names and cars are probably fictitious.

I have to test it again with a few AI drivers.

Kind regards

Thomas

Hi,

I was now able to test it with an AI race and confirm that the radar faded out at the end of the 2nd lap.

It is not possible to hide the radar from the beginning, is it? It takes a few laps to get used to it, right?

But then the question would be about the flags. Can they not be displayed for an AI race? I have only tested here with a GT3 race.

I have attached my settings and my saved HUD.

Maybe you have another tip for me. Thank you very much and have a nice weekend. :)

Thomas

Attachments

• lap1.jpg
    lap1.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 53
  • lap3.jpg
    lap3.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 54
  • simhub.jpg
    simhub.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 60
  • display.jpg
    display.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 44
  • HUD.jpg
    HUD.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 57
Hi Thomas!

Yeah, the Radar hiding is controlled by SimHub itself. I've found that if SimHub knows the circuit it will hide the Radar automatically. But, unfortunately I have no control over it other than that (well ,I could automatically hide it, but then, it might be hidden when it shouldn't be :) )

The flags should show in AI races.

I do AI races all the time and it works just fine :)

Hmmm, maybe check you have flags enabled in rF2.

Do you get flags coming up from rF2?
(As in, the normal in-game flags)

Hi Daniel,

that's a good question right now with the flags in the game. Where can I check that? Do you have a screenshot for me?

I often race against the AI, but I haven't seen flags in the HUD yet.

Everything is set correctly in the SimHub, isn't it? As in my screenshots in a previous post.

Thanks again and best regards

Thomas

Last edited:
Hi Daniel,

that's a good question right now with the flags in the game. Where can I check that? Do you have a screenshot for me?

I often race against the AI, but I haven't seen flags in the HUD yet.

Everything is set correctly in the SimHub, isn't it? As in my screenshots in a previous post.

Thanks again and best regards

Thomas
Morning Thomas :) (and thanks for your donation, that's really very kind of you)

SimHub settings look fine to me.

Did you edit anything in your player.json file regarding flags?

I put something in the User Guide about editing a line to hide the rF2 flags if you want to use my flag overlay.

If you did, change it back, and see if the flags appear.

There's also another setting in rF2, I forget what it's called now, but something like 'flags' or 'rules', its in the race options. Make sure that's set to Black Flags only - you'll still get flags, but the safety car won't come out constantly

Hi,

the Display Options were set to 0. But even with the value 1 and 2 I don't see any flags.

Strange, I do not understand. In your description it is also described. What number do you have in the display options in the "Player" file?

In the game options I can't find any other option for the flags and rules.

Then it remains without flags. :)

Kind regards, Thomas

Attachments

• flags.jpg
    flags.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi,

the Display Options were set to 0. But even with the value 1 and 2 I don't see any flags.

Strange, I do not understand. In your description it is also described. What number do you have in the display options in the "Player" file?

In the game options I can't find any other option for the flags and rules.

Then it remains without flags. :)

Kind regards, Thomas
Sorry Thomas, been busy with family and work!

Yeah, so setting to 2 will use rF2 standard flags.
Setting to 0 turns off rF2 flags so that you only see my flags.

If you have set the parameter to 2 then you should be able to see the flags.

Also check:
In rF2 > Edit Settings > Settings Tab
Session - 'Flag Rules'
1676997892033.png

R00b_Driver updated rF2 Simhub Overlays with a new update entry:

Some Overlay refreshed

Updated the look of a few overlays to be more in-keeping with existing overlays.

NOTE 1:

You may have to remove and then re-add the updated overlays to your overlay layouts, as in some instance the dimensions have changed.

NOTE 2:
I have included the previous release (v1.9.9) as a zip file in the download in case something doesn't work, or you prefer the existing look.

Updated Overlays:

Tyre Status:
View attachment 643634

Fuel...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very good Job, it's a Gamechanger for rF2.
It's run perfectly.
It's possible to run this Overlay on other sim's/games, like rF2?
On AC and AMS2 some Data's has a function but not so smoothly. There is sometimes an little delay.
I'm looking for 1 Overlay for all and this Overlay is my personal favourite.

Very good Job, it's a Gamechanger for rF2.
It's run perfectly.
It's possible to run this Overlay on other sim's/games, like rF2?
On AC and AMS2 some Data's has a function but not so smoothly. There is sometimes an little delay.
I'm looking for 1 Overlay for all and this Overlay is my personal favourite.
Hi dude,

Yeah it's really designed with rF2 in mind , not tested anything with it on AMS2, I would imagine there are big chunks that don't work.

Sorry!

Hi,
thanks a lot for your constant updates!

With the latest version my tyre overlay always shows 0 psi and -273 temp. Is that a known issue or is something wrong on my side?

Thank you!

Hi,
thanks a lot for your constant updates!

With the latest version my tyre overlay always shows 0 psi and -273 temp. Is that a known issue or is something wrong on my side?

Thank you!
That's odd - it's working for me.

What are your Simhub settings 'Preferred Units' set to?

Did you allow for a few good clean laps to allow Simhub to sort itself out?

Minor Fixes

Just some minor changes:

• Plugin updated to v1.0.8 - just for display reasons on the tyre display
  • Tyre Overlay - minor formatting changed (tyre type now in circle, rather than (s) ).
  • Driver Ahead Overlay - bug fixed when showing long team name
  • All Overlays - I found the reason for large files, each overlay had a _backup folder which was causing massive file sizes; now removed to reduce overall file size!

That is all.

Much love.

Minor updates

Just some minor changes:

• Plugin updated to v1.0.8 - just for display reasons on the tyre display
  • Tyre Overlay - minor formatting changed (tyre type now in circle, rather than (s) ).
  • Driver Ahead Overlay - bug fixed when showing long team name
  • All Overlays - I found the reason for large files, each overlay had a _backup folder which was causing massive file sizes; now removed to reduce overall file size!

That is all.

Much love.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play