Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have made available the new Reiza Bundle DLC for the simulation.

Developed by Reiza Studios of Automobilista fame, the new 'Reiza Bundle' DLC for rFactor 2 is now available to purchase. Containing no less than six vehicles and four unique venues in 10 different layouts, the new pack retails for £16.98 and can be purchased on Steam HERE.

Want to see more racing action? Check out our early 'first drive' video HERE.

The new pack has been much awaited by fans of both Reiza Studios (AMS) and Studio 397 (rF2), and it will offer an interesting first look at how the two different design and production philosophies of these two studios come together in rFactor 2.

The new DLC contents are...

Tracks:

Virginia International Raceway (commonly known as "VIR") is a race track located in Alton, Virginia VIR is an incredibly beautiful and diverse racetrack allowing for numerous configurations, suiting all types of categories from small club cars to big GT and powerful prototypes.

The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, better known as Imola, has hosted both the Italian and San Marino Grand Prix 28 times in total. This rF2 track comes in two versions: the classic, dangerous 1972 layout surrounded by nearby barriers before the introduction of chicanes to reduce its high speed nature, along with the current configuration fully adapted to modern standards but still retaining a lot of the unique challenges that made it famous.

Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé is a motorsports circuit in Guaporé, a small city in southern Brazil. It is one of the oldest race tracks in the country and traditionally hosts a variety of different categories, ranging from Classic tintops, modern endurance prototypes to racing trucks.

The Autódromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha, is located in Ibarra, Ecuador. It´s unique layout flowing around and in between a lake, mountains and even a vulcano makes it an unique driving experience.

Cars:
Formula Vee

This popular trainer formula car is heavily based on parts from the classic VW Beetle. Its open differential and swing axle rear suspension makes it a constant challenge and ideal tool to develop your driving skills.

MCR Sports 2000
The MCR S2000 is an incredibly nimble 500kg British prototype features an I4 Duratec engine, and is popular racer both for its driving fun as well as close wheel-to-wheel races.

Metalmoro MR18
The MR18 is a succesful mid-range endurance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. It features a Honda K20 I4 Turbo engine.

Metalmoro AJR
The AJR is the latest high-performance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. Capable matching the performance of a modern LMP2 car, this versatile prototype can be used with a range of different engines - the rF2 version features versions with Honda K20 I4 Turbo, Powertec V8, Chevrolet V8 and Judd V10.

Puma GTE
A sensation among Brazilian car enthusiasts from the 70s, the GTE is a modified version of the VW Beetle, featuring the same mechanics of the Brazilian Fusca with a lower, light weight fiberglass bodywork in an iconic design. The rFactor2 version is modeled after the original car and runs on radial tyres.

Puma P052
The P052 is a modern re-imagination of the 70s Brazilian classic, it retains many of the pure driving attributes that made the originals so popular in Brazil. The current prototype as modeled in rFactor2 runs with tuned MIVEC engine, 5-speed gearbox and slick tyres.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The tracks with all their detail are amazing! The cars (especially the F-Vee) feel not that good, like in AMS. It's almost, like the "threshold" of breaking the limit is too thin. It is very "dancy" on the brakes. But nevertheless a good addition to rF2! :)

Edit: It seems, tweaking Brake Pressure and pedal sensitivity helped me with the feel on the brakes and with the limit. Now, it's like "AMS, with other tyres"! :D

Last edited:
The track pack is great, the only minor issue I have is that the real road seems a bit faint, difficult to spot at least in Imola. This is Reiza quality as I expected.

The car pack has some small issues, for example the MCR cameras, hood camera FOV is way larger for some reason and the bumper camera mutes the engine sounds too much. The tire/car physics in general seem to have a smaller operating window and don't seem quite as communicative as recent S397 content, but this is subjective.

Last edited:
The tracks are superb. Great addition and purchase

The cars. I can not make my mind up, so hopefully we'll get an informed conversation on this thread.

They are either amazing and it's me that has to adjust to them and drive them a lot more, or they are the worst content I own in rf2. First impressions though, I have no interest in driving them again, other than the MCR perhaps.

I had to literally half my force feedback and they still all have an awful range of force where at one moment you feel nothing, next it's clipping city whereas AMS was just beautifully subtle. At times it feels like when you might add a mod to the old rfactor and the force feedback would invert - they don't feel natural at all. The constant tyre screech really highlights the shortcomings of the rF2 sound engine.

The brakes are lethal across the content, and if that has to be tuned out then stock set ups provided like that can fook right off, they should be enjoyable off the bat, as they are in AMS with additional set up work for those that like fine tuning. The tyres don't feel like they are the current model, but that could be the result of the FFB. I would say though it's nice to have a real relationship between brake and car which is often something rF2 has missed, but it still seems overboard. And the models look clumsy and crude in many areas, something uncanny valley about them. And I miss AMS windscreens, that's a bit of an immersion killer which rF2 need to address, as is missing those wonderful offtrack sound you get in AMS - odd how all these tiny things add up to a lot more than you would imagine in enjoying a drive.

Hopefully the car content will get polished and refined, beauty of modern games are that updates are the norm, and I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying supporting Reiza. Sorry I can't be more upbeat because I adore their previous work. But yeah, tracks outstanding, cars don't feel right, to the point I'm disappointing they were released in that state. And they don't make me smile like in AMS. Discuss and tips ?

What wheel are you using and what is your rF2 smoothing setting?

I own both Automobilsta and rFactor 2. I was hoping that Imola would contain the 4 tracks as in Automobilista, instead of 2. I may still buy it. But for me, the individual track prices seem overpriced. Ibarra, while a pretty track is hardly well known, as well as considering it was a free add on in Automobilsta. In contrast the individual cars are good value. Just my observations.

Edit: For example: Imola, 4 version tracks in Automobilista costs $A8.50. Imola, 2 version tracks in rFactor 2 costs $A11.07. Penny pinching I know, but it goes to the point of costings.

Last edited:
One missing feature with the car pack is the lack of rain effects on windshield and car body. Considering that at least Imola does support these new rain effects (puddles, water drops interacting with puddles), I'm wondering why this wasn't implemented to the car pack as well.

Missing? uh... GTE works fine for me
20190328235925_1.jpg
20190328235953_1.jpg

Masterpiece!!

The tracks are great in terms of both detail and AI.
The cars quality, consistency and overall driving experience is also top notch imo. I especially liked the Metalmoro MR18 and the Formula Vee.

In my mind, this also solidified the idea that rF2 is the best engine for Reiza's future title. :sneaky:

Have to hand it to Reiza, they're certainly a class act and I don't think I've ever back an IndieGoGo or similar that has kept on delivering like they have with AMS and now AMS related content. Can't wait to get some in seat time in the rig with this one.

Obrigado Reiza!

Masterpiece!!

The tracks are great in terms of both detail and AI.
The cars quality, consistency and overall driving experience is also top notch imo. I especially liked the Metalmoro MR18 and the Formula Vee.

In my mind, this also solidified the idea that rF2 is the best engine for Reiza's future title. :sneaky:

I'm receiving conflicting signals for the Formula Vee. Some say it feels incomplete and doesn't feel right. Yours is the only comment which says it feels good. Do you mind expanding on why you like it? I'm only interested in the Formula Vee.

I'm receiving conflicting signals for the Formula Vee. Some say it feels incomplete and doesn't feel right. Yours is the only comment which says it feels good. Do you mind expanding on why you like it? I'm only interested in the Formula Vee.
From my speculation, F-Vee in AMS felt more confident below the limit, and the limit was higher, but once you've reached it - it's almost inevitable that you end up snapping or backwards.
In rF2 Vee the limit is more progressive, it starts going over the limit earlier, but it's more like a normal situation. You always "taste" the grip by slightly biting and releasing the steering input in the corners, and the current state of slip transfers through the wheel quite well. Also the rear wheels always should be "loaded" a bit, with some revs, once it's like that, it's very stable.

Was it worth the wait...for me personally yes and even though I was a backer and I think I could have had this DLC for free I purchased it anyway as I found this to be good value for my money, plus helping to support a fantastic team for any further development.
Nothing like a good multi-class race on Imola 72 and Imola 2018 to start things off. The FFB in the Reiza DLC on my TS XW is on par with the latest rF2 content for me personally so it feels like the next step up from Automobilista to me, certainly in the graphics and more FFB feel....money well spent.
EDIT: ...and the Formula Vee around VIR Full Coarse is an absolute blast, to me feels really grounded but lively...lol
1 rF2 REIZA at IMOLA copy.jpg
2 rF2 REIZA at IMOLA copy.jpg
2a rF2 REIZA at IMOLA copy.jpg
2b rF2 REIZA at IMOLA vee copy.jpg
3 rF2 REIZA at IMOLA sun copy.jpg
4 rF2 REIZA at IMOLA copy.jpg
5 rF2 REIZA at IMOLA mcr copy.jpg
6 rF2 REIZA at IMOLA puma rear copy.jpg

Last edited:
I had to literally half my force feedback and they still all have an awful range of force where at one moment you feel nothing, next it's clipping city whereas AMS was just beautifully subtle. At times it feels like when you might add a mod to the old rfactor and the force feedback would invert - they don't feel natural at all. The constant tyre screech really highlights the shortcomings of the rF2 sound engine.
?

Not my experience at all, the FFB on my V2.5 is fantastic, just as good as it is in Automobilista so no idea why yours is so bad? I did not have to touch my FFB settings

Well done reiza again, bloody amazing!!

The only issue so far for me is in the Puma GTE the side mirrors are flickering? anyone else have this issue?

Not my experience at all, the FFB on my V2.5 is fantastic, just as good as it is in Automobilista so no idea why yours is so bad? I did not have to touch my FFB settings

Ok Tony, thanks good to know. CSL Elite and I had to dip down as low as 0.40 FFB modifier on some cars to find a balance between car, road and kerb.

Best way I can describe it for myself is that in AMS driving any vehicle was like being swept around the circuit on an orchestra, with beautiful sweeps and chords, these are like being strapped on the back of a Jazz band.

Returned to the GT3 pack to make sure it wasn't any wheel settings and they were as I recall. More time needed with the content methinks, but I'm a long way from being blow away like I hoped I would be apart from my short time with the MCR which did add a new level of complexity I enjoyed. The Pumas were just poor sadly, barely Steam Workshop standards for me at least.

Last edited:
Because it's the only physical clue most people have to the handling of a car.

I think it is safe to say that they are clueless then.

Eyes is the main game.

Ears very important too.

Eyes and ears can move your arms and feet pretty well.

Also you may be almost tricked into thinking that you perceive the g forces if car would be swimming around slightly, but FFB would not be doing anything.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.