rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 955978

Talk about attention to detail:D...I was on the starting Grid and noticed some movement off track on the left side monitor on my Triple Screen set up...changed view and zoomed out to have a look and spotted some moving traffic on the outer roads:geek:...there are other spots around the track that also have traffic movement on the outer roads.
While I really appreciate this attention to detail...does having this impact on performance?:whistling:...although Reiza's AMS has the extra traffic on some of their tracks as well:sneaky:....Conspiracy Theory:rolleyes::D
View attachment 326617 View attachment 326618
I had a big grin on my face seeing the road traffic left and right at Döttinger Höhe!
It adds sooo much to immersion.

• Deleted member 955978

I don’t know, but I feel the pressing urge to put men with eye-liners plus lipstick pushing non vital comments everywhere on my ignore list..........

I think thats the main issue with rF2... for the real time shadows to work well in trees they need to be 3d... since most trees are just a flat surface ... we get full dark or full brightness ... that why the sims that have baked graphics look superior... to me this track looks great for rF2 standards... and within rF2 world it is a masterpiece.
this is very wrong statement here.
Brightness of shadows is not depending on type of object - is it 3d or flat, in majority of engines. Only a couple of games have had proper shadow raytracing and overdraw which meant the closer the object to ground - the darker/sharper the shadow, and the further it from the ground, the more blurred/pale shadow become. Usually things like that are turned off for many reasons, mainly optimization, and the darkness of shadows fully depends on lighting values, hdr values, indirect illumination and so on.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly. I'm not talking about shadow casting but rather how the trees look when they are backlit ...in rF2 when trees are backlit they are absent of any highlights and there is no transition from highights to shadow ... it's as if they are a flat plane (which in rF2 they are) , they lack sense of depth.

This looks very nice, and it's tempting to buy this track and give rf2 another go.

Does anyone know if the already support SPS (Single Pass Stereo for VR)?
Since iRacing introduced this, I haven't looked back to the other sims...

Just did a few laps in the Porsche Cup car in RF2, AC and Raceroom and they all are masterpieces. Fun, I need to check my heart rate :)

I have doing the same yesterday I like the cup car in raceroom with all respect that car is good. But the Rfactor cup car is more fight every corner ..is a real challenge steering breaking .. the raceroom porsche have to much grip. Lives less

More people rate looks higher then terrain / physics is simple answer

I have always thought rF2 as more alive 7 years ago and still is, drive any historic around Belgium all not updated and tell me it is not alive

Yes terrain is one thing for sure, I thought it was the way ISI did gravity

You only have to see how high rF2 cars can get off the deck compared to other sims to know this... :geek:

That in turn must have affect on suspension making car feel more alive

Show me how high you can get ACC cars by driving into a ditch

I am saying rF2 has unrealistic gravity ...other sims should try it lol

Last edited:
More people rate looks higher then terrain / physics is simple answer

I have always thought rF2 as more alive 7 years ago and still is, drive any historic around Belgium all not updated and tell me it is not alive

Yes terrain is one thing for sure, I thought it was the way ISI did gravity

You only have to see how high rF2 cars can get off the deck compared to other sims to know this... :geek:

That in turn must have affect on suspension making car feel more alive

Show me how high you can get ACC cars by driving into a ditch

I am saying rF2 has unrealistic gravity ...other sims should try it lol

What exactly is the point, you're trying to make, regarding the thread?

But the Rfactor cup car is more fight every corner ..is a real challenge steering breaking .. the raceroom porsche have to much grip. Lives less

I wouldn't say the Raceroom Cup Car has more grip. I'd say the grip levels are about equal between the two of them. It's just that at least to me, the Raceroom one handles slightly more predictably and dare I say naturally. The rF2 one is a bit more unpredictable IMO, in a way that reminds me of how the GTE cars feel following the recent BoP (which made them quite frustrating and unenjoyable to drive for me). I certainly can't tell which one is more realistic, but I know I prefer the Raceroom one a tiny bit more due to this fairly small difference.

Also, and I know many will disagree, the Raceroom Cup Car feels a bit easier to drive due to the FFB giving me a bit more information about what the car is doing (at least the way I have the FFB set up). The FFB in rF2 feels very "raw" and "realistic", but I can't feel the grip as good with it, especially in regards to rear grip (which is also something it seems to share with the GTEs).

(And the rF2 FFB is also once again too strong and clipping a lot with the default settings.)

Also, and I know many will disagree, the Raceroom Cup Car feels a bit easier to drive due to the FFB giving me a bit more information about what the car is doing (at least the way I have the FFB set up). The FFB in rF2 feels very "raw" and "realistic", but I can't feel the grip as good with it, especially in regards to rear grip (which is also something it seems to share with the GTEs).
Yeah, you get more visual clues about that, than over intitial FFB hints in rF2, i have the impression.

What was helping me, with the unpredictability of maintaining grip mid- and out of corners, for example, with many cars in rF2, was to dial in a very tiny bit of deadzone to the throttle pedal ingame, so you can have more precise driving under load, while "laying" with the foot slightly on the throttle, to keep stability without overdoing it, especially with engines in the back. It feels more "natural" and it feels, you have more time for the brain, to translate signals into right reaction.

I find the rF2 and R3E Cup to be on a very similar level of drivability, to be honest. It is a beast, which is way harder to handle, than the GT3-R and really depends on finding the possibly shortest way around the track, to be fast in, without loosing it and get the punishment.

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. I’m running a similar rig to yours (i7 8700K OCd to 4.9) and I'm getting phenomenal VR performance. Almost all the graphic settings are set to the max including post processing, I’m using a Valve Index set to 80 so I can super sample to 1.2. Very stable. Let me know if I can help. Happy to share my settings.
Do you have the same performance when adding AI cars? I have a 2080ti and a Ryzen 2700x and I'm also getting 80fps but when I add 15 AI cars I get really bad stuttering in the pitlane. Are you able maintain the same FPS in the pitlane? Might consider upgrading 2700x to 3700x as I think my CPU is becoming the bottleneck.

Do you have the same performance when adding AI cars? I have a 2080ti and a Ryzen 2700x and I'm also getting 80fps but when I add 15 AI cars I get really bad stuttering in the pitlane. Are you able maintain the same FPS in the pitlane? Might consider upgrading 2700x to 3700x as I think my CPU is becoming the bottleneck.
I am having the same problem. This sim is heavily CPU bound in VR. All settings are ultra. if I set visible car count more than 8, game stutters heavily (FPS drop below 45). Setting opponent car quality to high helps alot but still can't set car count more than 10. Other settings don't do much about CPU load. My CPU is kinda old but I am not sure upgrading is the solution. This sim needs optimizations like "Single Pass Stereo" to lower the draw calls and add more optimized LOD models. By the way, specs are i7 6700K@4.0 (can`t OC because of stupid motherboard), 2080 RTX, 32 GB Ram, Valve Index HMD@90HZ.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.