rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

RF2 and iracing's base codes written in early 2000's , you can't compare them to games with modern engines like ACC or Pcars ,...
rF2's code for track/car loading was just rewritten this summer. I don't know how large ACC's Nürburgring is, but S397's Nürburgring is also 3.5 GB of details while AC's Nordschliefe is only 1.1 GB.

I know you're kidding @dreamer al but it got me curious so got my trusty stop watch out and here are the results:

Me + 0 AI: 1:00
Me + 19 AI: 1:23

Can we all agree on that if you can't wait for 60-90 seconds for a track to load, loading times aren't really your problem. Deal with whatever is stressing you out. Start meditating, take yoga classes whatever you have to do to calm down because this can't be healthy.

Namaste

I know you're kidding @dreamer al but it got me curious so got my trusty stop watch out and here are the results:

Me + 0 AI: 1:00
Me + 19 AI: 1:23

Can we all agree on that if you can't wait for 60-90 seconds for a track to load, loading times aren't really your problem. Deal with whatever is stressing you out. Start meditating, take yoga classes whatever you have to do to calm down because this can't be healthy.

Namaste
I suggest you read the original message I replied to. I was simply quoting their times. But, thank you for worrying about my health.

If that´s true, there you have an excuse to keep using mechanical disks...

BTW, since today´s Sims or games are huge in size, 40 plus GB, and SSD disks are still expensive, where do you guys install them? on SSD disks or mechanical disks?

I have my OS on a 1TB SSD and all sims on a 3TB enterprise mechanical drive. The load times for RF2 got way better with recent updates. Still long by most game standards....but way better than original. As to the sim itself? It is insane to be blasting around the Nordschleife and see fps in excess of 260 fps and 'glass' smooth.

So i spend £15 for this track and the 911 cup and the sim won't now launch, I have to use task manager to kill it and get my mouse pointer back! I've verified my game files on Steam, Cheers S397! :(

So i downloaded a few mods from the Steam workshop when i installed the track and the GT3 Cup, Ive deleted those other Mods and the game fires up! Will be giving it a try tommorow.

• Deleted member 955978

@Marcel Offermans
I have a question you probably faced 1000x but as it is a really important feature to me and others I would like to ask if you would be so kind to let us know if the "Kurzanbindung" will be integrated with one of the next Nords-updates?
Do you mean a way to shortcut the outlap on the combined circuit?
Because the Kurzanbindung is either the shortcut on the sprint layout leaving out the Müllenbach part (Dunlop Kehre, Schumacher S ) or the lefthander after T1 leaving out the Mercedes Arena.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean a way to shortcut the outlap on the combined circuit?
Because the Kurzanbindung is either the shortcut on the sprint layout leaving out the Müllenbach part (Dunlop Kehre, Schumacher S ) or the lefthander after T1 leaving out the Mercedesarena.

Yes of course, you're right. I mean the shortcut back to the starting and finishing line instead of entering the Nordschleife

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back