rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Fantastic job. Yes, this is the best looking, more detailed Nordschleife track for any sim
I´ve seem so far.

Gran Turismo Sport? Perhaps its version has a nicer color palette and the trees are
more leafy, and it may have a little more objects on the track side like some cars
and little buildings, but both are very close in detail. And, what really must matter is
the physics, and regarding physics rFactor2 is the best along Automobilista; you can
not compare it to Gran Turismo Sport because that GAME is just a toy for kids.

The elevation changes, ups and downs, look very realistic, innovative...

Regarding graphics, Project Cars 2 and Competizione are to me the best looking, more
detailed Sims. Aren´t they? So, after the release of this quality track from Studio 397,
what is missing in rFactor 2 in order to achieve the graphic quality of the Sims
mentioned? lighting effects? more track side animations? what else?

And, as someone already asked, what´s next from Studio 397? Will they keep releasing
tracks of this quality? The cars already look very realistic.

Gran Turismo Sport? Perhaps its version has a nicer color palette and the trees are
more leafy, and it may have a little more objects on the track side like some cars
and little buildings, but both are very close in detail.

I know the GTS-version very well, compared it recently to the iRacing Nords. In GTS the Nords is either very detailed nor has high resolution textures and looks like a comic with it's colours. No chance against iRacing/rF2 Nords, absolutely no chance in terms of details. It's simply shiny and everything is made to look like the best racing title on consoles. But it's definitely not the best out there. But it's good undoubtedly.

I like the track. Only one things that I find to be a downside is that there is a little too much grass in the parking lot at Brunchen .. there is more sand and stones in real life. And I miss a little bit the treehouses in the trees the German party and BBQ`s.. hope for (BBQ smoke) Bruchen is always a big German party when VLN racing and 24hr I hope for more people there beside the track.
Never drive on Iracing Nordschleife. But this is the absolute best version for me .. (RRE/AC) Rfactor2 version you really feel more than ever that you are there, everything seems much bigger. Trees are much higher than the raceroom version, which I also really like. The holes in fences to take pictures. Asphalt is really good very well done. :thumbsup:

They're drawn in real time. As for them being too dark, try using clouds in the sky, which should soften them (rF2's HDR in action).
I think thats the main issue with rF2... for the real time shadows to work well in trees they need to be 3d... since most trees are just a flat surface ... we get full dark or full brightness ... that why the sims that have baked graphics look superior... to me this track looks great for rF2 standards... and within rF2 world it is a masterpiece.

Some stuff I read there and it makes no sense at all, we really must be seeing world differently.

@fireballr18 Ar you damn serious about GTS ? The eyes that I have see the world very much like this:

GTS is absolute standard for everyone to follow, it has some bits that are little bit exaggerated and it is all preset with shading, not a real time, but I mean... whatever, look at it.

While I understand support for rF2, and I mean it is awesome ! But come on... lets be realistic.

Basically I dream with rF2 having Poliphony Digital (Gran Turismo) coding their shaders, just imagine the real GTS graphics with real RF2 physics and FFB.

Back to Earth , I'm buying the track later on on the way back I stated before regarding the non regional prices policy, what I saw in YouTube is enough to buy me. Not getting the Porsche Cup tough, don't appears to be very apealling to me right now.

Basically I dream with rF2 having Poliphony Digital (Gran Turismo) coding their shaders, just imagine the real GTS graphics with real RF2 physics and FFB.

Back to Earth , I'm buying the track later on on the way back I stated before regarding the non regional prices policy, what I saw in YouTube is enough to buy me. Not getting the Porsche Cup tough, don't appears to be very apealling to me right now.
Don't be hurry with this purchase. Track have some issues atm. Beter wait for updates

• Deleted member 955978

Performance wise it’s well optimized.
With my old 3 series i5 and a 1060 I can run 60 cars with 80 fps minimum during the daytime.
Settings mostly on high with track details and effect on full, environmental reflections to low.
Done some multiclass races with GT3, Porsche Cup and Clio Cup and it feels like VLN to me.
This is a first timer here and I’m absolutely impressed. Everytime I tried that on any other track my system came to a crawl.
A big thumbs up S397 and thank you very much, again. :inlove::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some stuff I read there and it makes no sense at all, we really must be seeing world differently.

@fireballr18 Ar you damn serious about GTS ? The eyes that I have see the world very much like this:

GTS is absolute standard for everyone to follow, it has some bits that are little bit exaggerated and it is all preset with shading, not a real time, but I mean... whatever, look at it.

While I understand support for rF2, and I mean it is awesome ! But come on... lets be realistic.
Objectively speaking the track and the lighting/shading look better in that GTS video. Despite being interesting for some nerdy tech talk between artists, in the grand scheme of things the comparison is completely useless. And here is why: noone buys the track for rF2 to have a static TOD and to drive alone on it. Alot of people will be looking to simulate VLN or 24H races with big grids and a bit of weather changes here and there, all surrounding a great driving experience. In that case GTS is a case for the trash bin, simple as that. So either you life with the fact, that there are certain compromises and cases where it isn't perfect, or you will have to get into iRacing to have the same or similar experience, but be prepared that the trees look even worse and that the lighting and shading look as good or worse. No question, I see some issues with the track aswell, like the wierd looking race groove in some places. But for what it is, for the team size of 397 and from where this sim started back in 2012, this DLC is a hell of a track. Give it a bit of time, when there have been some updates and fixes, and it will improve.

Ok ok, the new Porsche Cup car on Nürburgring is a very good experience.

Cars are fine, But if s397 can put together 6-8 quality up to date tracks like Nürburgring and Le Mans for GT they have the consistency for a strong core game.

That Cup car is a lot of fun!

:notworthy:

Talk about attention to detail:D...I was on the starting Grid and noticed some movement off track on the left side monitor on my Triple Screen set up...changed view and zoomed out to have a look and spotted some moving traffic on the outer roads:geek:...there are other spots around the track that also have traffic movement on the outer roads.
While I really appreciate this attention to detail...does having this impact on performance?:whistling:...although Reiza's AMS has the extra traffic on some of their tracks as well:sneaky:....Conspiracy Theory:rolleyes::D
1 rF2 NORDS extra CARS on ROAD.jpg
2 rF2 NORDS extra CARS on ROAD.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 32.7%