rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

well if you re-read few of my posts, we were comparing the quality of the Nordschleife in RF2 to other one out there, and while some of you think it's superb and masterpiece, I beg to differ

if you try to make fun of my only to steer away from discussion because you can't really give me any reasonable counter argument, that's fine ;) and we can stop it right there

I'm not saying that RF2 is bad and you all should go somewhere else ??? so what's the problem here?? I really don't understand

why is there so much elitism and hate in sim racing, and sim in general ( xplane vs p3d vs mfs ) have their deal of similar debates

sigh anyhow

Ok fine....I'm actually curious too because I also noticed a difference, especially in elevation changes vs the AC version, (can't tell about your beloved GT version :D) but let's cut the crap.....I've never been there and I suppose you haven't either since you feel the need to debate. It's a public track after all so why don't we let our German friends and other dozens of users who've actually driven the track tell us ;)
Or maybe they are all the same and it's all in our heads

Didn't @Paul Jeffrey just drive it during the Expo?? Tho he'll be busy this weekend

My current problem with rFactor2 is where to fit it in.
The context being iRacing, AMS, R3E, AC and ACC.

rFactor2 imo misses cohesion.
s397 seems to be busy with creating some related GT content and some Formula E stuff, but somewhat haphazard.

More than the competition RF2 feels like a sim kept afloat by modding.
IMO modding is great, but the core product should offer a complete experience.
RF2 scores low on that scale.

...but I really like the dynamic weather, which kept me from deleting the game all together.
Maybe Nordschleife is also a worthwhile experience on its own.

My current problem with rFactor2 is where to fit it in.
The context being iRacing, AMS, R3E, AC and ACC.

rFactor2 imo misses cohesion.
s397 seems to be busy with creating some related GT content and some Formula E stuff, but somewhat haphazard.

More than the competition RF2 feels like a sim kept afloat by modding.
IMO modding is great, but the core product should offer a complete experience.
RF2 scores low on that scale.

...but I really like the dynamic weather, which kept me from deleting the game all together.
Maybe Nordschleife is also a worthwhile experience on its own.
Maybe it was kept up by modding in the past. You have GT3 and Endurance now with a growing set of tracks. There is a nudge of really good historical and the start of FE if that's your thing. Its not as bleak as you make it sound.

Maybe it was kept up by modding in the past. You have GT3 and Endurance now with a growing set of tracks. There is a nudge of really good historical and the start of FE if that's your thing. Its not as bleak as you make it sound.

I know what’s there, I have two of the three GT packs, I like the classic tracks, but it was not my point that there is no interesting stuff. My point is lack of cohesion.

Interesting up to date cars with just a couple of accompanying tracks, note again context, hardly constitute a complete game. Much of the other content was thrown together over the years.

It is not that you cannot enjoy what there is, but if you look at the vanilla product and official dlc content it is difficult to find a complete experience. Sure perfecting that classic Monaco, Monza or Spa lap, or with the new content on Le Mans and Nürburgring, that can be enough for many, but personally if I look beyond the occasional “that’s cool moment” I stand behind what I wrote earlier. Interesting but incomplete and lacking cohesion. How much FE is there, seriously?

As a fan of historical F1, and playing offline, I´ve been a little bit underwhelmed shall I say with regard to the lack of core game improvements (AI, wet weather etc) and the way the historical content pre S397 has just been abandoned. That said however, credit where credit´s due, this track looks absolutely fantastic! :confused:
If I could pay 10 pounds/euros each for several historical tracks like this then I would do, and would spend more time in rF2, but at the moment the content just isn´t there....

I don't typically get too excited about anything....ever.
I've also had a few issues with the way Rfactor2 was handed off by ISI...some none too favorable.
That said...given the very positive reviews of this circuit-build I took the 'plunge' and purchased it.
After some initial confusion on downloading yesterday, I was finally able to run it for the first time a few moments ago.
It was fitting, as I also ran the Mercedes GT3 car for the first time...despite owning it for months.
I can't say enough good things about the effort and quality of the circuit. It is absolutely 'alive'.
This is without doubt, the best-looking, most dynamic circuit I have ever driven on in a simracing title.
S397 have outdone themselves on this one.
It is going to be hard to follow.

Last edited:
Well maybe I am not entirely fair.
397 have been adding quality content, now they have to maintain focus.
Once they have a core series in place, cars and tracks to race them they can start to diversify again.

No penny packet subject - incomplete series, couple of cars and tracks.
The GT developments are positive.
Le Mans, Nürburgring and cars.

It has been a while, but both Le Mans and Nürburgring have finally given my GT car packs context, more than Zandvoort and tracks like Silverstone.

...but credit where it is due, s397 seems to be onto something, lets just hope they stick to that something.

GTS version is really a piece of art, to compare the RF2 graphics with those is a waste of time, it's at least a decade of difference.

But...

When you start more seriously drive most of details goes away and then RF2 physics make GTS seem silly and empty.

Not to mention the static Gran Turismo time and weather which is a deal breaker for endurance race.

looking good , yes , but masterpiece ?

I'm sure i will get many dislikes for this, but the best version imo is the Gran turismo sport, that's a proper version of the track, with lighting that's un-matched by anything else
yes it's baked ( non dynamic), so they could take some shortcuts and make it look prettier when it's fully dynamic, but still

will get this though, to support S397

GTS version is really a piece of art, to compare the RF2 graphics with those is a waste of time, it's at least a decade of difference.

But...

When you start more seriously drive most of details goes away and then RF2 physics make GTS seem silly and empty.

Not to mention the static Gran Turismo time and weather which is a deal breaker for endurance race.

Completely agree ! But I wanted to add that IMO Nordschleife doesn't look as best as it possibly could with present rf2 possibilities. I think with proper finished and polished artwork it could easily cut 5 years, and be only 5years behind GTS visuals :D

rF2 of course puts GTS in complete shame, unfortunately many gamers aren't able to judge and appreciate that.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 39 51.3%