• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rF2 | May Development Roadmap Brings News Of Portland

Richard H

10RPM
Premium
Feb 23, 2019
Why buy cars and tracks in rFactor 2 if you can not enjoy them in online races ... at least in other sims if there are races every day to enjoy the purchased content.
Ugh, I'm so sick of this attitude. Not everyone can or wants to play online. I totally understand that for some people that's their jam, but for me and many others, I enjoy offline racing, and rf2 has always done a pretty good job for me there.

BazzaLB

100RPM
Jun 25, 2009
Bright? You mean blue?
Didn't they change the lighting recently and remove the "blue"? I have to say that at midday I also find the lighting quite unexpectedly dull. It feels more overcast rather than a clear blue sun filled sky around midday. I think removing the blue has also made some of the colors on older tracks look a little weird. Trees on the Rieza tracks look an odd sort of lime green. The 2020 Zandvoort tracks looks down right awful in my book.

Having said that, the Ferrari 488 GTE interior now looks up to modern standards. The new materials work has really paid off it seems. It looks brilliant. I wish they would go back and update all the GT3 and older content to match as a higher priority.

tonydean2

75RPM
Premium
May 13, 2019
Glad to read they're working the graphics. The recent E Sports events on TV replacing real motorsport have been entertaining but comparing RF2 events to those of I racing have shown up how far RF2 has fallen behind in this area. I love this sim mainly because imo it has far an away the best ffb and tyre model out there. Get the graphics sorted along with the UI and it will be unmatched. Keep it up guys I have faith in you

gwp2112

10RPM
Aug 5, 2009
I no longer run in rF2 because of something that nobody talks about, the sound of the cars is absolutely horrible, in that aspect they are last in the leaderboard of the sims. I can't get a inmersion and the sound of the cars in the replays is even worse.

davehenrie

250RPM
Jun 4, 2017
I no longer run in rF2 because of something that nobody talks about, the sound of the cars is absolutely horrible, in that aspect they are last in the leaderboard of the sims. I can't get a inmersion and the sound of the cars in the replays is even worse.
that is talked about. And complained about.

Ruy Horta

250RPM
Feb 17, 2014
Would like to know what settings they use for screenshots, because I have a difficult time emulating their results.

Really trying to stay onboard, bought all the Formula E content as that seems to have become a steady development and the new Ferrari -:which fits in well with the other GT content. Handling-wise I’ve to retune it a bit, but pretty close.

I can push the settings to the max, but it never gets anywhere near the screenshots.

thundercat

10RPM
Mar 12, 2014
Why buy cars and tracks in rFactor 2 if you can not enjoy them in online races ... at least in other sims if there are races every day to enjoy the purchased content.
Does this apply to all the stuff in the Steam RFACTOR 2 store and if so - why? I play offline but first I heard of this...

Jun 8, 2019
Would like to know what settings they use for screenshots, because I have a difficult time emulating their results.

Really trying to stay onboard, bought all the Formula E content as that seems to have become a steady development and the new Ferrari -:which fits in well with the other GT content. Handling-wise I’ve to retune it a bit, but pretty close.

I can push the settings to the max, but it never gets anywhere near the screenshots.
You'll need this plugin to rF2 look nice:

Reactions: gwp2112

davehenrie

250RPM
Jun 4, 2017
Does this apply to all the stuff in the Steam RFACTOR 2 store and if so - why? I play offline but first I heard of this...
You can race online, but the scarcity of populated servers makes finding a good online race rare. Plus, When a server has a complete carpak, you too must have the complete carpak. If you only wanted one car, say just the GT3 Corvette, you would have to buy the rest of the pack just to connect with the server, IF the server had the full 5 car pack installed.

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff member
Premium
Jun 18, 2013
One of the problems with running an online race, is the Packages system. Quite honestly, it's currently a bit of a mess IMO. However, you do need understand how to use this, in order to put up a server which will download all the necessary content when a player tries to join the server.

I thought I'd seen a (pretty vague tbh) statement from @Marcel Offermans , saying something about improving the Packages system?

One of the other complaints about this system is the fact that content is currently stored twice on a given players hard drive/SSD.

Please S397, can we have some clarification on this? Are you working on making it easier for non-technical people to put up a usable dedicated server, and are there any plans to reduce the amount of storage space required for content?

Thanks for your time. :thumbsup:

davehenrie

250RPM
Jun 4, 2017
The front page image of the two marlboro mclarens and the headline of Portland brings my mind back to the mid '90s when the Marlboro Penske team was at it's peak. Indycars(Champcars) at Portland....900hp, lots of downforce, those were the days.

Peter Stokman

500RPM
Premium
Mar 18, 2013
You can race online, but the scarcity of populated servers makes finding a good online race rare. Plus, When a server has a complete carpak, you too must have the complete carpak. If you only wanted one car, say just the GT3 Corvette, you would have to buy the rest of the pack just to connect with the server, IF the server had the full 5 car pack installed.
You talking bull.. dont need other cars only the oner you drive (own) you talk about iracing in the past was like that , not anymore either now

• Haha
Reactions: TheGame316

Follow RaceDepartment