RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

rF2 | Free Bentley Continental GT3 Release + Substantial BOP Update

Congrats for the release, it's nice to see them updating the roster, but at this point I am not going to get any GT3s in rF2.

Regarding the AI... I fired up rF2 after watching Le Mans for some multi-class. It was all right until the faster AI in the same class kept braking behind me on the long straight instead of attempting an overtake (only in corners, like AC) and when we started lapping the slower class it all fell apart, with LMP2s unable to clear the GTEs and GTEs divebombing the LMP2s in the slow corners. I might have something set up wrong, I would happily accept any advice. But it was bad and really killed my excitement. Worst of all, it was all official payware content...

I think the next thing sims should try to get right is the AI. We had most sims improving graphics, adding VR, adding better weather/night.

Ruy Horta

Premium
That explains the extra update.
Wasn’t planning to, but bought the Endurance car set to support the devs.
So with all the s397 cars I hope they add more tracks to match the cars.

eg01st

Premium
As I said in previous thread, the new 3D guy is next level. When 488 GTE came out, it was noticeably better too, when compared to 2017 models. Bentley's dashboard textures and rollcage weldings are like magnet for my eyes. Carbon fiber textures are not "new" and shiny, rather grim and rough, which goes well with the roar of the engine in background. Well done!

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
I'm not that excited about the new Bentley, but I'm really glad S397 finally update and fix/refine physics of already released DLC content. I whish they'd look into Merc AMG GT3 FFB issue. There's a huge old thread about it on official forum. Many people report this issue including Motec output to support it (while some claim it's FFB is great). I was one of them and I don't drive this car because of that.

I see many people still complaining about these cars' AI and FFB... I'm very
busy these days, so I think I better wait a bit to try the Bentley and the
other updates. Good update, though it may need some tweaking soon.

AI sucks? It's some of the very best in the business.
The AI will race you door to door, but it has many many known problems. AI won't draft and pass, AI won't follow the correct car during yellow flags causing large gaps, grouping total mayhem, AI will change tires repeatedly if there is weather changes between qual. and the race. AI will follow a car which is slowing down for the pits, the entire lap. Imagine a LMP2 staying behind a GTE all the way around Le Mans if the GTE has signaled a pitstop.
When they do race, they race well, but there are soooo many items like those I listed that have been known by the company for 3+ years that just destroy solo racing for many users.

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
I see many people still complaining about these cars' AI and FFB... I'm very
busy these days, so I think I better wait a bit to try the Bentley and the
other updates. Good update, though it may need some tweaking soon.
Other GT3 (and GTE) cars have good FFB, but the Merc FFB is not.

Other GT3 (and GTE) cars have good FFB, but the Merc FFB is not.

i'll check some reviews when I have time. Back in the day when the GT3 pack
was released, it had some issues and I dumped it since I prefer older cars,
but now with the Ferraris - GT3 coming soon -, and the Bentley updated
graphically, they attrack me more.

It will be interesting to see, and if issues fixed, how they compare to ACC's
cars.

And they have been working on the UI for like 2 or 3 years already....ya think????

4 years as of last week!
1600972999920.png

Last edited:
"AI won't draft and pass,"

I've just finished a race in rF2.

ASR Formula Minardi 191B.
The entire 1991/92 F1 grid.
The Nordschleife.

I wasn't smiling, I was getting goosebumps. The wheel trying to rip my arms off, the roaring sound of the engine, Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna in my rearview mirror. Slipstreaming and overtaking me. Wheel to wheel action.
Goosebumps while I'm writing this.

Last edited:
"AI won't draft and pass,"

I've just finished a race in rF2.

ASR Formula Minardi 191B.
The entire 1991/92 F1 grid.
The Nordschleife.

I wasn't smiling, I was getting goosebumps. The wheel trying to rip my arms off, the roaring sound of the engine, Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna in my rearview mirror. Slipstreaming and overtaking me. Wheel to wheel action.
Goosebumps while I'm writing this.

It's just the flu, bro.

Slipstreaming and overtaking me
The rF2 AI unfortunately has no function to actively draft and is hesistant to overtake and touches the brakes instead on long straights, like Le Mans. That's what's meant.

When you switch the lane, AI will still stay on it's path and you have broken the draft.

They are good at overtaking on short straights with braking zones and corners wheel to wheel in single class, but try an LMP race at Le Mans and you will see, what the people are talking about...add some multiclass and Endurance race time and the experience collapses.

The only other hardcore sim of the "larger" communities, that has *actively* drafting AI, that follows you on the straight, when switching lanes, is RaceRoom, btw..
Also F1 2019 and 2020 actively draft in slipstream, no matter which lane the player chooses for example.

The major difference is, that rF2 AI tends to dab the brakes instead of commiting to overtake on looong straights, where it falls back more and more in the single player experience on very fast tracks.
-------------
Edit:
Oh and again: Nice move to give the Bentley for free, when owning the old one already, to not get too much off-topic. :D

Last edited:
i'll check some reviews when I have time. Back in the day when the GT3 pack
was released, it had some issues and I dumped it since I prefer older cars,
but now with the Ferraris - GT3 coming soon -, and the Bentley updated
graphically, they attrack me more.

It will be interesting to see, and if issues fixed, how they compare to ACC's
cars.
not just updated graphically, it is an entirely new car. A ground up car built to GT3 specs rather than an existing sedan modified to fit in the GT3 specifications. Bentley also updated the car's look and drivetrain. Isn't Bentley one of those British car companies owned by Mercedes?(or some other Continental company)
But you are correct, the cockpit features the latest shaders and looks as good as it drives.