RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

rF2 | Free Bentley Continental GT3 Release + Substantial BOP Update

M D Gourley

Premium
Q

How you get such good quality lighting? Is there a photo mode in this game?
It all depends on the time of day, side lighting early morning or evening when the sun is low as this creates some modelling light and not so harsh like mid day...and zoom in as much as possible, screen shot the car in 'Open Shade' to get good reflections, or try to move the camera around to the shadow side of the car as the sun hitting the side of the car directly usually over expososes the car paint and washes the colour out...it takes quite a lot of time to find the right lighting in a replay, but starting with the right time of day is possibly the key factor.
My in game settings are 'Ultra' or 'High'

Last edited:
I fire up RF2 after a couple of months, I install all the updates.. great

I try the Bentley offline with AI.
First 2 minutes.. wow.. FFB amazing.. very cool
from the 3rd minute.. jesus .. the AI is so boring ..
After 5 minutes I quit the offline race..

I jump in the multiplayer with option

NO AI, Open sessions , same version .

great.. I jump in the Potato server.. there are 4 players...

I say . ok .. let;s do this.. I start last , I win the race..I go to send a message to the other players as I wasn't sure if they were really players .. the session jumps into the next race..

the game freezes.. I can see one of the other players starts the session whilst the others ( me included ) are stuck in the pit.. I am not even able to go to the desktop or use task manager.. all frozen.
I have to restart the PC to be able to use the machine.

what a piece of c#*!!p this game!

Last edited:

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
I fire up RF2 after a couple of months, I install all the updates.. great

I try the Bentley offline with AI.
First 2 minutes.. wow.. FFB amazing.. very cool
from the 3rd minute.. jesus .. the AI is so boring ..
After 5 minutes I quit the offline race..

I jump in the multiplayer with option

NO AI, Open sessions , same version .

great.. I jump in the Potato server.. there are 4 players...

I say . ok .. let;s do this.. I start last , I win the race..I go to send a message to the other players as I wasn't sure if they were really players .. the session jumps into the next race..

the game freezes.. I can see one of the other players starts the session whilst the others ( me included ) are stuck in the pit.. I am not even able to go to the desktop or use task manager.. all frozen.
I have to restart the PC to be able to use the machine.

what a piece of c#*!!p this game!

POTATO server is mine and Pete's, its at his house and i can't contact him right now to see if he's taken it down for mantainance, plus i need a new teamviewer code from him otherwise id take a look remotely, will try to get it sorted if there's a problem.

Sadly I can confirm there is a big problem with the A.I. drivers for the Bentley. Just teste3d at Silverstone with 40 cars (GT3's). I was about 30th just off the pace of the next car. The last 10 cars were all Bentleys, none infront what so ever and running over 1.30 secs slower than everything else. Not only that i jumped into the cockpit of one of the A.I. driven Bentleys to find that they are doing the same thing the Merc AMG does, full locking it when totally unessarcary. Obviously this is a pretty serious problem which requires immediate attention. Hopefully Paul is reading these comments and will flag it up with the team. I was very much looking forward to a Bentley GT3 race with my Pete and a full field of A.I. today aswell, we had it planned as ive got a day off.

Anyway apart from that and as far as the car goes to drive, as i siad in a post earlier... I fecking love it!

Please fix the a.i. though!

POTATO server is mine and Pete's, its at his house and i can't contact him right now to see if he's taken it down for mantainance, plus i need a new teamviewer code from him otherwise id take a look remotely, will try to get it sorted if there's a problem.

Sadly I can confirm there is a big problem with the A.I. drivers for the Bentley. Just teste3d at Silverstone with 40 cars (GT3's). I was about 30th just off the pace of the next car. The last 10 cars were all Bentleys, none infront what so ever and running over 1.30 secs slower than everything else. Not only that i jumped into the cockpit of one of the A.I. driven Bentleys to find that they are doing the same thing the Merc AMG does, full locking it when totally unessarcary. Obviously this is a pretty serious problem which requires immediate attention. Hopefully Paul is reading these comments and will flag it up with the team. I was very much looking forward to a Bentley GT3 race with my Pete and a full field of A.I. today aswell, we had it planned as ive got a day off.

Anyway apart from that and as far as the car goes to drive, as i siad in a post earlier... I fecking love it!

Please fix the a.i. though!
Dude... not blaming you or the server.. I am blaming the game :)

blot

Premium
I've got the original 2017 version, Ive updated on Steam but checking the game files the 2020 Bentley isn't showing? Any idea's? Won't get a chance to launch RF2 untill tommorow night, Cheers.

I've got the original 2017 version, Ive updated on Steam but checking the game files the 2020 Bentley isn't showing? Any idea's? Won't get a chance to launch RF2 untill tommorow night, Cheers.
It should download automatically in Steam, and then get updated inside rF2, unless you have the automatic updates disabled. Make sure you are on the latest version by choosing the Public Beta or OPTING OUT OF THE PUBLIC beta. We never see the latest version available when choosing the old UI. You get to the latest version only by opting out of the beta.

blot

Premium
Of course! Forgot about the game updating when you actually launch it, Been that long since i last played RF2! Cheers Dave :thumbsup:

Last edited: