rF2: Enduracers Endurance Series Updated - New Cars, Plenty of Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 7.jpg

The excellent Endurance Series mod by EnduRacers and the Gentlemen Modding team has been updated - with new content added!

The mod of choice in our recent RDLMS by Vesaro series, rFactor 2 content is in a better place these past few days thanks to a substantial new build release of the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod.

As well as adding an impressive list of fixes and improvements, not least of which is the implementation of the new rFactor 2 tyre model, the mod also benefits from quite a bit of new content in the form of the beautiful Ligier JSP3 LMP3 car (nice playmate for the recently announced Norma LMP3..?) and some great looking GTE specification machines alongside the classic Oreca 05 LMP2 open cockpit prototype.

It is worth noting that the Corvette C7R replaces the original C6R, the Ferrari F458 replaces the F430 and the Flat6 RSR Evo replaces the Flat6 RSR. The Oreca 05 LMP2 comes in place of the Lola Coupe and the Ligier LMP3 is a totally new class of car.

Available at no cost to the user, the version 2 build release of the Endurance Series modification can be found at the EnduRacers website HERE.

Endurance Series 2.00 Change Log:
  • CONTENT : Added Oreca 05 LMP2.
  • CONTENT : Added Ligier JSP3 LMP3.
  • CONTENT : Added Corvette C7.R GTE.
  • CONTENT : Added Ferrari F458 GTE.
  • CONTENT : Added Flat6 RSR Evo GTE.
  • GRAPHICS : Updated bodywork shader to DX11 technology.
  • GRAPHICS : Updated cockpits and steering wheel shaders.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for bodywork.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for windshield and windows.
  • GRAPHICS : Added animated wiper.
  • GRAPHICS : Added blurred rims (for all types).
  • GRAPHICS : Added new menu icons for all cars.
  • PHYSICS : Integration of CPM2 tires (Slick & Rain, around 90°C usage temperature for Slicks) adapted from S397 reference tires.
  • PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).
  • PHYSICS : Suspension geometry adjusted (to fix the FFB blank in the center of the steering wheel).
  • PHYSICS : Aero minor adjustments.
  • PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Steering ratio adjusted (done like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Antiroll bars value adjusted (to be aligned to the rFactor2 S397 physics directives).
  • PHYSICS : FFB power adjusted (FFB Upgrades removed, use FFB Multiplier in-game to adjust if needed).
  • PHYSICS : Fuel Tank position adjusted (to match to *ForceDistrib S397 mechanisms).
  • PHYSICS : Tire wear curves adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Default setup adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : AI performance adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Cockpit position adjusted (compliant with flat screen & VR).
  • PHYSICS : Seat front maximum position value adjusted for triple screens users.
  • PHYSICS : Upgrade auto blip removed on the Flat6 GT3 (the real car don’t have auto blip).
EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 1.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 2.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 3.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 4.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 5.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 6.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 7.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 8.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 10.jpgEnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 9.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new Enduracers Endurance Series build? What are your impressions? Do you like the new cars and physics? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thx for this mod. Very nice combo when used with Le Mans 2017.
Only drawback so far is that I couldn't find a way to change the steering lock more than just 14 on the prototype cars I tried. Using a 900 degrees wheel, such low sl feels like driving a truck and makes fast reactions/turning very hard. Is there a way to make this change possible?
I use a G25 and just tested the prototype in regards to your complaint and the steer lock is 14 @ 403 deg. and the P2 drives and handles perfectly in my tests at Lime Rock.

1) Make sure your settings in your Logitech wheel properties is set to 900 deg. rotation and be sure "Allow Game To Adjust Settings" is checked.

2) Go ingame to your "Options/Controls/Vehicle Set" and be sure "Vehicle Set" is checked which will now automatically set each type car mod to the degress of rotation it's supposed to use in real life and was intended by the modder. If it stills doesn't work correctly i would delete my whole "UserData" folder and the game will install a new UserData folder when you load the game and redo all your video and controller settings.

3) Verify the Integrity of your rFactor Gaming Files by going to your game library and right click on your rFactor2/Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game Files.

4) This step fixed some weird issues i had in the past"
Uninstall your Logitech Game Software and reinstall again. I'am using the latest version "5.10.127"

If all else fails you can always make sure your "Vehicle Set" is "Unchecked" so then the game allows you to manually set each car mod to the settings your prefer.

Good luck, hope one of these steps helps!

Last edited:
Thanks @Ace King , but unfortunately I checked and all things are in place.
I have 900 degrees, allowing game to adjust settings, vehicle set, etc. When on a P2 Oreca, for instance, if I turn the wheel 90 degrees to the left, virtual wheel turns only maybe 35 degrees or something... so in order to make some turns, I need to cross my hands, which on a race car is a rare thing to do.
Tried to uncheck vehicle set and raise the wheel degrees to 1300 or something (max), but the effect wasn't enough yet. This happens only in this mod - other cars or sims are perfectly fine.
Don't know why I'm alone on this, seeming that everyone else is able to race this mod without this issue, but at least the GT cars are working a little bit better and are "raceable".

Thanks for your help, though. Maybe a future patch may cure this misterious problem. Will keep trying to figure out what can be, and if I find a cure, I'll post here.

Cheers

EDIT: much better forcing G25 to operate at 450 degrees by pressing simultaneously both central lower red buttons and left upper button (grouped in a diamond shape). This indicates that my G25 driver, although current, is *not* allowing the game to change settings. Time to reinstall (again).

EDIT2: As it seems, it is not working (even after resintalling the drivers) either in rFactor2 or other sims anymore (Automobilista, for instance). Think that's something related to Win10 and some of his updates. Only option is to force approximate degrees per car using hw shortcuts.

Last edited:
I have been using a Logitec G29 for about 2yrs with out any problem. I set wheel rotation to 700 degrees in the Logitec software and leave it at all the time. It seems to suit most cars, I drive most types of cars except modern F1. If you need more lock reduce the 700 degree setting to less not more, you can also adjust steering lock in the actual car setup if it's available. With the 700 degree setting, 90 degrees of wheel rotation shows as about 80-85 degrees in the P2 Oreca car. Hope this is of help.

I don't know if that is related but you must delete the files of the prior version of the mod. They are not replaced by the last version.

I have removed the mod from the workshop so it should be gone then. I then downloaded the rfcmp file from the endurance racers website and placed the file in my Packages folder. Started the game selected the mod and the same fault occured. All other mods work fine

Edit;

Got it running but had to remove Rfactor2 from my PC and then install it again

Last edited:
All the new cars use CPMv2 tires but somehow they feel different than CPM tires i.e. in Renaut Megane or C6R GT2.
Generally cars are more stable and "planted", slide less, less bumpy. Maybe it's some other settings(i.e. dampers) but tires even don't make similar sound like the official ISI cars that have CPMv1.

Also driving cameras are weird. Cockpit camera has too wide FOV, so that windscreen looks small. The other camera is useless for driving IMO it should be replaced with bonnet camera.

Last edited:
lol..<evil laugh> I think the ONLY camera should be the cockpit view... No kite cams, no nosepicker cams, just good 'ol fashioned 'Butt in the Seat' cams.
But cockpit camera seems to be placed too far away or somehow windscreen is too small comparing to other mods. In reality you see much more in front of you.
I sometimes like bumper camera placed close to ground, because it gives much better sense of speed.

I don't understand this mod. Since v1.50, there is very few feedback in the wheel when losing grip, and almost none when braking. To add to this lack of feedback, they have removed the tire squeal sound (or more exactly replaced it with the usual light tire skid sound) in both case and removed almost all the smoke when locking brakes (even if we do a huge flat spot, almost nothing in the wheel, no tire squeal and no smoke). This lack of feedback in the wheel + lack of sounds beside the engine make it feel bland, and a bit like driving on ice,
Oh, and why on hell URD and Enduracers almost always make the hood view unusable?!!!!
I kinda agree - something is lacking regarding FFB. I also noticed significantly less tire squeal sound. Also ISI/S397 cars, like C6R GT2 or Camaro GT3 slide more and I think are more bumpy than GTEs. You can hear squeal each bump, when tire touches asphalt, or losses traction. You can also feel it through FFB in S397 cars. In general for me GTEs are easier to drive than similar ISI/S397 cars. However, I don't know which ones are more realistic (especially S397 Camaro GT3 seems to slide/oversteer too much).
I don't think the difference is because of new tires, because they are CPMv2 adapted from S397. More likely it's because of different setup (i.e. dampers)

Last edited:
I have a very strange problem with this mod. It is undrivable for me. It runs fine in DX11, but is undrivable in DX9. In DX9 mode, when I click drive and go to track the, sitting in the pit stall, the car has a small up and down motion. When I try to drive the FFB is reversed and the brakes are on(heavily). If I push the I key and switch to AI mode the car runs fine - no brake issue. Switch back to Human mode and the car reverts to undrivable. I had the same issue with the Radical mod from Studio 397. Out of the multitude of mods I have installed, these two are the only ones I have had problems with.

Any help/insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

FraPP!!!

I don't understand this mod. Since v1.50, there is very few feedback in the wheel when losing grip, and almost none when braking. ...
I agree, and also like to race almost exclusively the P2 cars too. What I do is to increase the FFB gain before race to 1.3 or so. It helps feeling what the car is doing.
Maybe in the future these aspects can be solved by the modders (ffb, sounds). Still, an excellent mod.

There is a typo in the title: the mod is made by Enduracers and Gentlemen Racers modding team.

I remember that when they first released the mod for rF2, they said some of them were meant to be temporary before the new models came.
Maybe because they would have to put a lot of work to upgrade physics. But I don't know. Anyway after update I still have the old cars.

I drove Ligier JSP3 LMP3 and this car has tremendous grip. Even if lowest aero (1/1 wing) it just sticks to the road and rarely oversteers (you need to really push it and even then it's easy to catch). On hard braking it's also stable and tires almost never lock up. That's why I don't see much sense setting high wing angles (maybe except to reduce understeer and high downforce tracks). I'm wondering such easy handling is realistic and how it compares to official Endurance Pack.

Last edited:
I drove Ligier JSP3 LMP3 and this car has tremendous grip. Even if lowest aero (1/1 wing) it just sticks to the road and rarely oversteers (you need to really push it and even then it's easy to catch). On hard braking it's also stable and tires almost never lock up. That's why I don't see much sense setting high wing angles (maybe except to reduce understeer and high downforce tracks). I'm wondering such easy handling is realistic and how it compares to official Endurance Pack.

It might be fairly accurate. The idea behind LMP3 was a cheap(er) entry into prototype racing that gentleman drivers (I.e. amateurs) could cope with. I've seen the tyres these things run on at Silverstone and they are just as large as the LMP2 cars so they must have serious mechanical grip.

Also when I think of the Road to Le Mans races last weekend I don't remember many spinning by themselves only spins caused by contact! lol

I've yet to test these out admittedly (a little too busy at the moment) but just my two cents worth.

Hello,

As already mentionned in the S397 forum, there is an update in progress, updating some physic subjects, now that we have more experience on the CPM2 tires :

- More reactive tire rubber
- Better balance between tire grip (better grip) & aero (less aero)
- Pressure tire adjustment to avoid low pressure exploit.
- More stability over the curbs
- Fix about the crash on LeMans/Green Hell
- Fix about the AI dancing in the turns ;)
- Less aero "package" from 3 to 2 for all cars (like Low Downforce package & Normal Downforce package)
- More steps in rear wing settings

For your information the AI issue is mainly caused by the game update release the same day as our build release (but we are not informed of that) so we are as annoyed as you, but reporting it everyday on every forum and website and forums won't change anything.

The update will include some other changes like realistic LM position leds, updated JSP3 sounds, and so on. We will not communicate release date.

Hello,

As already mentionned in the S397 forum, there is an update in progress, updating some physic subjects, now that we have more experience on the CPM2 tires :

- More reactive tire rubber
- Better balance between tire grip (better grip) & aero (less aero)
- Pressure tire adjustment to avoid low pressure exploit.
- More stability over the curbs
- Fix about the crash on LeMans/Green Hell
- Fix about the AI dancing in the turns ;)
- Less aero "package" from 3 to 2 for all cars (like Low Downforce package & Normal Downforce package)
- More steps in rear wing settings

For your information the AI issue is mainly caused by the game update release the same day as our build release (but we are not informed of that) so we are as annoyed as you, but reporting it everyday on every forum and website and forums won't change anything.

The update will include some other changes like realistic LM position leds, updated JSP3 sounds, and so on. We will not communicate release date.
When is this released?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies