rF2: Enduracers Endurance Series Updated - New Cars, Plenty of Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 7.jpg

The excellent Endurance Series mod by EnduRacers and the Gentlemen Modding team has been updated - with new content added!

The mod of choice in our recent RDLMS by Vesaro series, rFactor 2 content is in a better place these past few days thanks to a substantial new build release of the EnduRacers Endurance Series mod.

As well as adding an impressive list of fixes and improvements, not least of which is the implementation of the new rFactor 2 tyre model, the mod also benefits from quite a bit of new content in the form of the beautiful Ligier JSP3 LMP3 car (nice playmate for the recently announced Norma LMP3..?) and some great looking GTE specification machines alongside the classic Oreca 05 LMP2 open cockpit prototype.

It is worth noting that the Corvette C7R replaces the original C6R, the Ferrari F458 replaces the F430 and the Flat6 RSR Evo replaces the Flat6 RSR. The Oreca 05 LMP2 comes in place of the Lola Coupe and the Ligier LMP3 is a totally new class of car.

Available at no cost to the user, the version 2 build release of the Endurance Series modification can be found at the EnduRacers website HERE.

Endurance Series 2.00 Change Log:
  • CONTENT : Added Oreca 05 LMP2.
  • CONTENT : Added Ligier JSP3 LMP3.
  • CONTENT : Added Corvette C7.R GTE.
  • CONTENT : Added Ferrari F458 GTE.
  • CONTENT : Added Flat6 RSR Evo GTE.
  • GRAPHICS : Updated bodywork shader to DX11 technology.
  • GRAPHICS : Updated cockpits and steering wheel shaders.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for bodywork.
  • GRAPHICS : Added rain rendering technology for windshield and windows.
  • GRAPHICS : Added animated wiper.
  • GRAPHICS : Added blurred rims (for all types).
  • GRAPHICS : Added new menu icons for all cars.
  • PHYSICS : Integration of CPM2 tires (Slick & Rain, around 90°C usage temperature for Slicks) adapted from S397 reference tires.
  • PHYSICS : Inertia adjusted (based on inertia used by S397).
  • PHYSICS : Suspension geometry adjusted (to fix the FFB blank in the center of the steering wheel).
  • PHYSICS : Aero minor adjustments.
  • PHYSICS : Brakes power/settings adjusted (now you can adjust brake pressure like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Steering ratio adjusted (done like S397 cars).
  • PHYSICS : Antiroll bars value adjusted (to be aligned to the rFactor2 S397 physics directives).
  • PHYSICS : FFB power adjusted (FFB Upgrades removed, use FFB Multiplier in-game to adjust if needed).
  • PHYSICS : Fuel Tank position adjusted (to match to *ForceDistrib S397 mechanisms).
  • PHYSICS : Tire wear curves adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Default setup adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : AI performance adjusted.
  • PHYSICS : Cockpit position adjusted (compliant with flat screen & VR).
  • PHYSICS : Seat front maximum position value adjusted for triple screens users.
  • PHYSICS : Upgrade auto blip removed on the Flat6 GT3 (the real car don’t have auto blip).
EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 1.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 2.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 3.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 4.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 5.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 6.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 7.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 8.jpg EnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 10.jpgEnduRacers Endurance Series 2.00 - 9.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new Enduracers Endurance Series build? What are your impressions? Do you like the new cars and physics? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You know they work together now?
Corvette is from URD (as example but some other models too) and they developed physics together...
I like LMP enduracer but GTE are strange it floats slightly, for urd their GTE glides iceracing an impression of a balance too pronounced way and they are still not updated....for a payware...

I like LMP enduracer but GTE are strange it floats slightly, for urd their GTE glides iceracing an impression of a balance too pronounced way and they are still not updated....for a payware...

They announced news about GTE and PX soon, finger crossed, I really like their work I enjoyed it a lot during the last year

Enduracers do great stuff and as always, is appreciated.
Thank you.
Has anybody released a mod for managing the RF2 interface to allow listing individual mods separately by date or version number?
I'd like to delete some earlier mods but it's extremely difficult to know what's old versus new.

A really nice update, I haven't had chance to try it yet but an impressive collection of additions.

The partnership with URD is interesting, I did wonder for a moment if URD had simply stopped as I think this is the second or third time a team have used their models and worked towards a larger project. Not much life on Social Media but we'll see.

However it adds to the collection and from a personal point of view I really like the URD mods, the T5 (DTM) cars are awesome fun and I've enjoyed all their mods so far. Each to their own though.

A really nice update, I haven't had chance to try it yet but an impressive collection of additions.

The partnership with URD is interesting, I did wonder for a moment if URD had simply stopped as I think this is the second or third time a team have used their models and worked towards a larger project. Not much life on Social Media but we'll see.

However it adds to the collection and from a personal point of view I really like the URD mods, the T5 (DTM) cars are awesome fun and I've enjoyed all their mods so far. Each to their own though.
It looks like URD moved to current gen cars and let the past gen to Enduracers as past gen is their focus. In Twitter URD is showing images of 2018 T5 cars and said PXi and new GTE pack is on the way. Ales is now full time S397 worker it seems.

I don't understand this mod. Since v1.50, there is very few feedback in the wheel when losing grip, and almost none when braking. To add to this lack of feedback, they have removed the tire squeal sound (or more exactly replaced it with the usual light tire skid sound) in both case and removed almost all the smoke when locking brakes (even if we do a huge flat spot, almost nothing in the wheel, no tire squeal and no smoke). This lack of feedback in the wheel + lack of sounds beside the engine make it feel bland, and a bit like driving on ice, And it's a pain in the ass to manage braking when we can hardly know if we're not braking enough or already locking our brakes (especially with the GTE, there is a bit more feeling with the P2).

I just don't understand why any modder could purposely decide to do that, to spend so much time making a mod and ruin it by making such an incomprehensible choice, and I don't understand why so many people love this mod without even noticing what has been obvious and more or less a deal breaker at the first try for me.

The mod is still fun, especially the P2, and once you know how to manage brakes it should not be too problematic (at least with P2 where you can slightly feel brake locking), but it's such a waste...

Oh, and why on hell URD and Enduracers almost always make the hood view unusable?!!!!

Last edited:
You should check your ffb settings. The mod may not have the best ffb of rF2 but still it is way better than what you describe. There are recommended settings on the Enduracers for Thustmaster wheels at least.

why is that some track modders (like Sebring from Virtual LM) make nicer looking track surface than original content?
even AMS has a lot better looking asphalt on tracks than rfactor2.

Sebring has a lot of old cracky asphalt, which may look cool. But reality is most modern tracks are extremely smooth, Silverstone for example. Many games make the tarmac look more exciting than it actually is. Also remember that in rF2 it's the realroad tech that provides the groove, not some pre-painted groove like in many other games.

Great mod, the 2.0 version was definitely worth the wait.
There are still some areas to improve and AI-related issues to handle, but it is not that serious. I love the new Ligier JS P3, it is a great little car.
Thank you guys for your hard work! (also would like to leave a great thank you for your earlier mod created for rF 1, still running those beasts as well:thumbsup:)

Massive improvement, however I agree with pinkimo thatthe front tire slip, and ffb under braking are pretty awful. Many times when I'm driving I keep wondering "Is my car gripping or sliding right now?" As pink said, the GTE are much worse. If they could fix the ffb and bring it up to S397 level, they are getting a decent donation from me. The inputs and overall driving looks pretty bang on but the ffb is a massive let down.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back