Reshade Preset for RBR

I did a reshade preset a while ago and thought someone might be interested into using it as well. it was made to add a bit of depth to the lights with more natural colors. Its balanced towards peformance while using a look up table (LUT) for the main color corretion work.

Download & Instructions are found here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QPXnITh3Sw0bQmrs188ejkJm_GId7wNk

1joChQA.jpg

zCLFonu.jpg

M08If4N.jpg

kEeBmWe.jpg

9lm6983.jpg

Let me know what you think. :)

Last edited:
You are using the incorrect hotkeys. Make sure to checkout the readme file that is inside the shader package.

Here are the hotkeys out of the readme:
CTRL+PAGE_UP => Toggle Performance Mode on/off (Keeps the essential effects active)
CTRL+PAGE_DOWN => Toggle extra Antialiasing to reduce flickering on/off (Causes a bit of blur)
CTRL+PRINT => Creates a before & after screenshot in the .\Plugins\ReShade\Screenshots folder
CTRL+END => Toggle Reshade effect on/off

For Experienced Users:
CTRL+POS1/HOME => Enter Reshade config menu

@Retrolux according to a reddit post about using SGSSAA , you aren't meant to use the "Antialiasing-Transparency Multisampling: Enabled" flag in Nvidia Profile Inspector when using a "Antialiasing-Transparency Supersampling:" value that isn't "Off".

Problem #1 - The two are meant to be used exclusively, not with both at the same time.

The nvidia control panel also shows this, because you have to choose between multisampling and supersampling in the same drop down list, so you can't select both.

Problem #2 - Your README recommends using 2xQ & Off, 4xQ & 2x SSGA, 8xQ & 4x SSGA

However, only the 8xQ setting is purely MSAA and 4xQ doesn't even exist in the profile inspector.

I assume you meant for all settings to be MSAA, in which case you need to correct the recommended settings in the README.

Problem #3 - That reddit post also says "The Antialiasing - Setting and Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling can be set to any value, but they must match! 2x MSAA must have 2x SGSSAA and so on!"

Since your README recommends using un-equal pairs of MSAA and SGAA.

I'm not entirely sure why they are better when used with an equal number of samples, but since everything in that reddit post/guide has been correct so far, while your instructions have been wrong, it's safe to assume that they are right again.

So unless I'm missing something you should probably correct your README, since it might get people some free FPS and avoid any weird issues with the AA.

Last edited:
Well it's clear to see that you think you know better, because you only corrected Problem #2.

Not like I care though, I've used every version of your reshade preset and nothing has changed, it still looks like a cartoon filter. I tried the latest version hoping it would have improved but it's the same.

The cinematic grain creates artifacts and is excessive, DLAA is just blurring, ambient lighting is too strong and just makes it hard to see anything (it has that DR 2.0 god ray effect that nobody likes).

The ambient occlusion is nice, but nobody is going to want to have their FPS halved for some darker shadows in the car and on grass. If you actually cared about usability you would've removed it or had it disabled long ago.

The only thing in your preset that is usable is the LUT and sharpening.

The sharpening is post fx though, and not a very accurate one either. The sharpening filter in the nvidia control panel is far superior in implementation.

So you're left with just a LUT, no idea how you can be on 4 or more release versions and not have realised that almost everything in your preset is useless.

Last edited:
Well this is a preset that works perfectly for me and I did it on my spare time to enjoy RBR more. I thought to share it so that others can enjoy it too. it you dont like it you can skip it or adjust it suit your needs and to match it to your used resolution. There is much more under the hood as you might think as reshade usually does not work with SGSS without blurring the whole image. Even with a simple LUT.

if you would have read the readme carefully you would also see that all points you have mentioned have been adressed.

Salut et bravo pour ce travail sur rbr qui mérite d'être dit!!! Petite question, ton mod fonctionne aussi avec rsrbr du coup ? C'est peut être une question bête mais je préfère la poser...
Bravo encore et continu, ce jeu ne demande qu'à être améliorer graphiquement parlant !!!

I have just one question for retro lux, it about the antialiasing when its active my antialiasing with nvidia inspector is not working and the quality of the image is bad. Then i replace the d3d9 file and i'm back with the hdr enbseries and the quality is back and its perfect (i'm using a 1070 ftw 8gb....) so it is not comming from the graphic card. Son to do to fix this bug

@fluximum: For the reshade and windows 10 you need to run RBR in windows mode (set in ini file) and set the antialiasing compability bit. Its explained in the readme file on how to do it.

@lallemand: I never used RSRBR but I tested several custom tracks with this shader and it worked. I guess RSRBR is using another d3d wrapper for visual enhancements that inteferes with reshade? Or it might be related to the depth buffer of these tracks. You can try the peformance mode that will not use shaders that rely on the depth buffer.

@Retrolux im getting an error trying to use your preset. I have tried with the inspector settings and without them, and i have always the same issue.
Reverted to before copying the files, runned ok. Once i drop your files into the game ant try to run it, that error on the image attached pops up. Know what it could be?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 195
Hmm thats odd usually it is not needed to install reshade manually. It should work as a dropin as explained in the readme. Did you use a vanilla RBR version to test it?

I created a backup...vanilla worked, as soon as i dropped your presets gave me the error...after posting, i tried installing reshade and then copying your files into the folder and it worked. Weird stuff tbh.

UPDATE: Dont know why...cant get it working again...same error, even installing only reshade...getting really confused with this stuff

UPDATE2: i had compatibility mode on for windows 7, turned that off and worked straight away copying your files.

Last edited:
I have tried to change some setting in nvidia inspector and i still have a bad antialiasing does some one have a setup with nvidia inspector that is perfect. Can someone show me a pict of there setting of inspector. i'm sure it only one or few option in inspector that it, but wich one?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.