• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Reshade Preset for RBR

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Retrolux, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Rettep

Rettep

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I want to congratulate you for the wonderful mod, but I have a problem, after installing the DirectX End-User Runtimes to use the BTB tracks, shift + f2 doesn't work, I tried to do as explained but it doesn't work
    If it can serve, my card is a 570 rx

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks. Seems to be the same issue kiijaa has. So it worked for you before you have installed the DirectX runtimes? Is this runtime you have mentioned a special runtime for RBR?

3. Rettep

Rettep

Ratings:
    +1
    Only the first version worked, for the second question the answer is no

4. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    Try to download version 1.3.0 and extract all contents back into the gamefolder and try if it then works.

5. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    Ahh i think i found the issue. if you have used reshade before you might have a old d3d9.ini file in your richard burns folder which is loaded incorrectly. just delete it and then the right settings & preset is loaded.

6. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    @kiijaa If you have a d3d9.ini (outdated reshade config) in your gamefolder, please delete it. I guess thats the reason why the preset and keyboard hotkeys where not working.

7. Rettep

Rettep

Ratings:
    +1
    It does not work. The mod loads rightly without errors, shift + F1 works, the only problem is shift-f2 and I can't understand why; however if you can disable certain effects from "Techniques =" for now I would be affixed because I used only two or three, even if it is strange.
    I tried removing the mod from RBR and doing shift-F2 but the game still crashes. I removed the d3d9.ini file without success... strange

8. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    Hmm its possible that it might be a hotkey another app or plugin is using. Strange indeed. I could try to map it to another key combination for the next release to see if it works then

9. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    @Rettep Ive uploaded a reshade.ini where the hotkey to open the config is changed to Shift+F12. Copy the file in your game folder and test if it works then.

10. kiijaa

kiijaa

Ratings:
    +1
    shift+f12 button works well.
    thanks for your effort. another level RBR mod

• Like Like x 1
  11. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    Great then this will be changed for the next version. Thanks for testing it out :)

12. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    Updated the package to 1.3.1
    • Changed Settings hotkey from Shift+F1 to Shift+F12 to avoid conflicts with other apps

13. Rettep

Rettep

Ratings:
    +1
    Now the (fantastic) mod works perfectly. You are great ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rettep

Rettep

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Lux. I noticed with many tried enb series that certain d3d9.dll made the graphics clean and unmoving while others made the graphics (image) "move-wobbly". That of your mod makes it a little shaky (to me) and disturbs the view a little. Is it possible to "make" a d3d9.dll that makes the image still or is it too demanding? Example, the mod "Mod HDR Realistic for Richard Burns Rally" by https://dm3drbrevolution.blogspot.com/p/mods.html made the image still and not "disturbed". I know that it is a thing of antialiasing of the video card but of course it is "fault" also of the d3d9.dll. At least I think so...

15. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    The d3d9.dll is the core part of reshade and sadly not works in combination driver anti aliasing settings. You need to use DSR (NVIDIA) or VSR (AMD) instead to get great anti aliasing. Its explained in the readme on how to use it.

16. Rettep

Rettep

Ratings:
    +1
    Ah okay, the doubt came to me because some d3d9.dll didn't "disturb" the image. Thanks for the clarification.

17. smakowy

smakowy

Ratings:
    +1
    Great work! Had to disable the ambientlight becasue my eyes were on fire after few stages :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Retrolux

Retrolux

Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks :). Its great that you can adjust the preset to your linking and disable effects that does not suit you. Ambient light is great and gives a lot of depth but its not for everyone :)

19. Rain-Bysea

Rain-Bysea

Ratings:
    +2
    I found that after using your preset, the FPS is getting lower and lower, and I don't know why.
    However, I found that only using SMAA and Magicbloom also looks good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.