Reshade Preset for RBR

I did a reshade preset a while ago and thought someone might be interested into using it as well. it was made to add a bit of depth to the lights with more natural colors. Its balanced towards peformance while using a look up table (LUT) for the main color corretion work.

Download & Instructions are found here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QPXnITh3Sw0bQmrs188ejkJm_GId7wNk

1joChQA.jpg

zCLFonu.jpg

M08If4N.jpg

kEeBmWe.jpg

9lm6983.jpg

Let me know what you think. :)

Last edited:
I've been looking to improve my RBR graphics in vr with some reshade filters, but I can't seem to get it to work.
I am probably doing something wrong here, do I have to install VR toolkit first? And exactly which files do I need to place where?

p.s. I did try your VR preset

Last edited:
If you use the Retrolux_RBR_Reshade_VR.zip file and extract it into the RBR folder it should work out of the box. Check out the included readme for more info on how to set it up properly.
You can add the additional shaders from the basic preset by just copying the Reshade folder into the RBR directory.

But the use is limited as the depth buffer can not be accessed yet in VR, limiting the use to shaders that dont require it to work properly.

To see it the preset is working you need to be inside the cockpit of the car, it will not work in the menus. In SteamVR Dashboard you will get a new reshade icon where you can configure your presets.

If you use the Retrolux_RBR_Reshade_VR.zip file and extract it into the RBR folder it should work out of the box. Check out the included readme for more info on how to set it up properly.
You can add the additional shaders from the basic preset by just copying the Reshade folder into the RBR directory.

But the use is limited as the depth buffer can not be accessed yet in VR, limiting the use to shaders that dont require it to work properly.

To see it the preset is working you need to be inside the cockpit of the car, it will not work in the menus. In SteamVR Dashboard you will get a new reshade icon where you can configure your presets.
Thank you for your quick reply, I have followed your instructions exactly but I still can't seem to get it to work.
Should the keybindings ctrl+pgup ctrl+home etc. be doing anything?
When I open the steam dashboard (when i'm in the car) I don't see a reshade icon anywhere.

Just to be clear. In the RBR main folder (where richarburnsrally.exe etc. are located) I have placed the wininet.dll file.
Inside the richard burns rally\plugins folder I have placed the reshade folder, the reshade.ini and reshade.asi files.
I am of course using kegety's vr plugin that came with RSF (1.6 I believe).

That sounds about right from the folders structure. Hmm not sure why it does not work. When reshade is loaded it creates a reshade.log where the reshade.asi is. You can send me this log after entering the track sitting in the VR cockpit of the car.

The hotkeys only would show the reshade menu on the 2D mirror on the monitor. If even that is not seen when starting up RBR, then it is not loading at all.

That sounds about right from the folders structure. Hmm not sure why it does not work. When reshade is loaded it creates a reshade.log where the reshade.asi is. You can send me this log after entering the track sitting in the VR cockpit of the car.

The hotkeys only would show the reshade menu on the 2D mirror on the monitor. If even that is not seen when starting up RBR, then it is not loading at all.
It appears that reshade is not being loaded because there are no log files being created.
I tried installing your vr toolkit package found here https://vrtoolkit.retrolux.de/.
Running RBR this way it did create a log file, which I included in this message (converted to .doc). I still didn't seem to work though.

Attachments

• ReShade32.doc
    2.2 KB · Views: 112
Updated the preset to be unified for monitor and VR and included the latest vrtookit build:

Update v1.6.0
  • Adjusted reshade folder structure to directly allow the VR mod to work without the need of an extra package. Uses Ultimate ASI Loader to sideload the reshade dll allowing the VR mod which uses d3d9.dll to work seamlessly.
  • Updated to the latest VRToolkit shader v0.9.7-pre that contains a several additions and performance improvements https://github.com/retroluxfilm/reshade-vrtoolkit/releases/tag/v0.9.7-pre
  • Adusted preset naming to offer two variants. retrolux_rbr.ini and retrolux_rbr_vr.ini to use for the VR mod
Give it a try @Putzak , hope it works now for you as well.

Updated the preset to be unified for monitor and VR and included the latest vrtookit build:

Update v1.6.0
  • Adjusted reshade folder structure to directly allow the VR mod to work without the need of an extra package. Uses Ultimate ASI Loader to sideload the reshade dll allowing the VR mod which uses d3d9.dll to work seamlessly.
  • Updated to the latest VRToolkit shader v0.9.7-pre that contains a several additions and performance improvements https://github.com/retroluxfilm/reshade-vrtoolkit/releases/tag/v0.9.7-pre
  • Adusted preset naming to offer two variants. retrolux_rbr.ini and retrolux_rbr_vr.ini to use for the VR mod
Give it a try @Putzak , hope it works now for you as well.
Wow thanks for the lightning fast update. When I first tried 1.6 out, I still couldn't get it to work. However, when I placed the wininet.dll file inside the plugins folder it finally did work.

It looks and runs great, I am very pleased with it now. Thanks again for your help, can I buy you a beer?;)

Odd that it works that way on your pc. It seems you have some sort of addon running that is also sideloading dlls already.
But what is important that it works now for you :) Hope you enjoy it and have some fun with richard burns rally in VR with the enhanced clarity :p

I dont drink alcohol but thanks for the offer :D. All good mate :)

Odd that it works that way on your pc. It seems you have some sort of addon running that is also sideloading dlls already.
But what is important that it works now for you :) Hope you enjoy it and have some fun with richard burns rally in VR with the enhanced clarity :p

I dont drink alcohol but thanks for the offer :D. All good mate :)

Hi man!
I was also trying to install this today as well and had the same problem, nothing was being loaded.
After also putting wininet file inside Plugins folder as Putzak said, it finally loaded :)
I am not using VR, and I get some image problems (ghost squary images, and not really all the time, hard to explain... Using AMD, so did not make any extra work besides extracting the files), but looks really great!
Awesome job :D

Thanks for the info @RDEstevao. I updated the version to 1.6.1 so that the wininet.dll is inside the plugin folder. It seems to load reshade more reliable that way.
Try to disable the PPFX SSDO.fx shader if the square images will dissapear. There might be a bug in the shader for AMD cards.

Yes, I have done that yesterday night, by trial and error I have disabled both PPFX and ReflectiveBumpmapping (This one was creating shadows in the sky around the top of the trees) and wanted to share with you today.
Thanks a lot for your help, it would solve my problem :)

For some reason after i changed from SSd to HDD, these shaders cause all kinds of problems. Changed to 1.6.1 but some things were red in menu, got that fixed idk how but now some maps are not loading, just sky and no objects, roads etc.

I need to update a few settings as I noticed the depth buffer is not correctly set up for the recent versions causing that the PPFX And the ReflectiveBumpmapping is not working as it should.

@hawkezz do you have a screenshot how it looks like? did you disable reshade to see if it works normaly without it?

Last edited:
no. it doesn't happened without the mod, I wouldn't ask otherwise :)
yesterday I install this Hungarian RBR version and since game looks quite old, I start to looking for improvements. First forced 8xAA and 16x anisotropic, that worked as expected, then trying to activate my own SweetFx. It wasn't working so I stumble on your reshade.
as soon as I install - that happened.
it's not track related, I tested on 3 different track.
should it work with this (Hungarian) version of the RBR, you didn't say ?
other guys didn't complaining before ?

I dont know if it works with the hungarian version is it might be already premodded heavily and causing issues.
With the stock RBR with NGP Plugins etc and RBRTM it works without issues. You can try to rename the wininet.dll in the plugin folder to dinput8.dll to see it that would help. You can also send me your reshade.log that is created in the plugin folder when loaded it on track.

eventually - it did.

maybe this helped
You can try to rename the wininet.dll in the plugin folder to dinput8.dll to see it that would help
dunno
but uninstall it a few hours later. not my cut of tea.
it's just way too much for me

RichardBurnsRally_SSE_2022_01_04_22_31_04_218.jpg

and this was later, when I toned down almost all of the effects. I was looking for something much more subtle you know... like SweetFx that I usually use. but that didn't work here. SweetFx is also very easy to customize,
here in reshade it was just editing some random numbers :alien: not very good

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back