Reiza Hints at the Future - rFactor 2 Engine to be used in 'Reiza 2018'?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios Teaser Image .jpg

Reiza Studios have released an interesting teaser on social media recently, hinting at "some exciting new things coming up on the horizon"..

Now to my eye this teaser image looks very much like a Reiza game using the rapidly improving rFactor 2 gMotor2 game engine, potentially hinting for the very first time that the upcoming and under development "Reiza 2018" project could be taking further advantage of the already close relationship between Reiza Studios original rFactor developers Image Space Incorporated.

Although purely speculation at this point, it is still rather refreshing to hear (or see) some news from Reiza Studios following wrapping of development of their Automobilista title, and this could well be the very first early signs of what's been going on behind the scenes of the well regarded Brazilian development team.

Now I'm only speculating that this is the rFactor 2 engine here, and frankly I could be well wide of the mark with this one... so I'll leave it to you to throw around your opinions in the comments section below!

Reiza Studios Teaser Image Twitter.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you make of the cryptic clue from Reiza? Looking forward to the new project? Let us know in the comments section below!

Personally I think the rf2 engine should be left to die. Its outstanding in what it does but it presented problem over problem for its developers and its still in a very messy state. Reiza proved they have the talent to overhaul an engine and I think they are ready to make one from scratch utilising the graphical fidelity of one of the available engines, their sales are so low that if they went with unreal they probably wouldnt even need to pay royalties.

None of the options is an easy way out in my opinion but I'm not convinced they have made the right one.

People asked Stefano the same thing. Shall I link his reply? ;)
Why? This is AMS. I may have dreamt it but I think I read they would be keeping their current content for the next project so a reason to atleast keep my fingers crossed. Another reason is I know I like a few of the cars in AMS (70's stock cars, F Vee, the Copa Classic cars to name a few) and obviously my taste in sim cars are minority of a minority.
I completely understand and agree with Kunos' reasons for focusing on a single series but this approach doesn't bode well for me as I don't enjoy driving modern GT or LMP cars very much at all and they are very popular so I hope AMS are porting the current line up in their next game.

Personally I think the rf2 engine should be left to die. Its outstanding in what it does but it presented problem over problem for its developers and its still in a very messy state. Reiza proved they have the talent to overhaul an engine and I think they are ready to make one from scratch

I have to admit I don't really follow your logic. You would honestly rather have them completely ignore the existence of a very impressive engine that has been in active development for many years and basically just lacks some polish (the thing Reiza have proven they're incredibly good at), and instead have them build a brand new engine entirely from scratch, which undoubtedly would take many years (especially with a team that small, even if very talented)?

Building on top of a pre-existing foundation (and a very good one at that) makes infinitely more sense IMO.

Why? This is AMS. I may have dreamt it but I think I read they would be keeping their current content for the next project so a reason to atleast keep my fingers crossed. Another reason is I know I like a few of the cars in AMS (70's stock cars, F Vee, the Copa Classic cars to name a few) and obviously my taste in sim cars are minority of a minority.
I completely understand and agree with Kunos' reasons for focusing on a single series but this approach doesn't bode well for me as I don't enjoy driving modern GT or LMP cars very much at all and they are very popular so I hope AMS are porting the current line up in their next game.
It's about people expecting things for free. Unless, of course, you mean you want them to offer the same cars/quality on their next sim, but still charge for them; in which case it's totally fine. "Porting" doesn't necessarily mean "port the cars and don't charge for them".

The situation is a bit messy at the moment. We must remember in fact that Reiza bought the gMotor (1) engine, and that they have said in the past that their future game would use that as physics core engine. So, now, they decided to go with the gMotor2 engine, but just for graphics? The result would be a mix of the two, which then again, might be actually better since the gM2 physics engine proved to be quite a bit problematic.

All in all, we are bangin our heads over one blurry preview shot lads :D let's try to not overthink it too much!

It's about people expecting things for free. Unless, of course, you mean you want them to offer the same cars/quality on their next sim, but still charge for them; in which case it's totally fine. "Porting" doesn't necessarily mean "port the cars and don't charge for them".
I'm not asking for anything for free. If it was a new engine, VR and the current content I would buy it even if they stated that they would not add any more content to the game but will just work to improve the software over time.

Maybe "ported" wasn't the right word to use. I meant if the new game has the cars and tracks from AMS... if that helps.

For [Beep] sake, yet another ISI motor engine powered title, that will feature fake dx 11 graphics, using old dated dx 7 and 8 shader model, with over bright white glowing bits, no chrome, metallic, rubber,or leather shaders, bringing nothing new to the table, when it comes to game play features, no I'm not talking about flag rules, racing rules or reverse grid.

Same content that was in their previous 3 titles, regurgitated into a engine that constantly gets patched up for Eight Years.
Where did I read that this new title would run on a modern graphics engine such as the Unreal 4 engine, yet they decide to use a engine that struggles to convince anyone that it is modern.

Games that use this engine are struggling on steam, why go this way, unless they don't have staff that are experienced enough to move to a modern graphics engine, this new title will only suffer the same fate as others that use this engine on steam, low player base, with no one to purchase any future dlc content, with licensed content that no one is interested in.

Did I read somewhere that even Brazilians don't play AMS.

[QUOTE = "Robert Stanley, post: 2758565, lid: 6448"] tbh; zoals ik al eerder zei, zou het logisch zijn als Reiza en S397 samensmelten in een poging om beide sims in een competitief tempo naar voren te brengen of te consolideren om een volgende / huidige gen-titel te ontwikkelen. [/ QUOTE]

Yess treu! You were ahead of me ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back