RD Rally Championship Season 9 - Rally World

good one, ole ;)

kept well clear of that wood though. had a careful first two stages but nice and fluid. on the first of the night stages i managed to knock off my additional lighting in the very first turn, that will certainly get me the "daft move of the week" trophy, if nothing else. lights were weak and flickering from there on but i managed quite well, stayed on the grey stuff and had a lot, a lot of fun. at the end of stage 08 the car looked pretty much what it had looked like at the beginning of the loop, repairs needed will cost me another 10 secs in added time but i will have a lancia still a good way away from the junkyard at the start of the last leg. currently 06:28 down from the leader but just ahead of my teammate by 1:30, so we're doing a nice side by side roadshow!

600AC8B7B7575422A9712152079187EEA136D8EE

The Ascona is a wonderful car to have some fun with. That is why it is back in the garage and will only come out for some rally shows and slow sideways action. Meanwhile...

... a new machine was acquired for the RDRC-3! Well, this was with the hope of being slightly more competitive, so let's see if that excuse will hold :whistling: There is now one more Sierra RS Cosworth in the battle, with team Vale da Serra coming in for the challenge:

render Sierra.png

Unfortunately when trying out the car there were a few off-road moments, and we ran out of some spare parts... and since the photo-press day was happening the same day (thank you once again @Ole Marius Myrvold for the render and the help with fixing the livery), all we could find to replace the front right quarter panel was a rusty part from a donor car that the local scrapyard had set aside for us :coffee: The budget is being set aside for more imporant things, so we're hoping the panel won't rust away completely before the end of the season :geek:

So afterwards, off to testing for Sweden to get used to the car and have some faster fun:

20210212115857_1.jpg

The not so Moonstone Blue Pearl coloured Ford could be well camouflaged in the snowy forests but the slushy mud thought otherwise:

20210212124506_1.jpg

And on the way back we got a photo from a pixelated tree enthusiast, who wasn't very happy that we ruined his shot when the light was just right:

20210212124621_1.jpg

See you all at service, and remember to strap a jack AND a shovel in the boot this time! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well well well ... so after picking up the car in Nice on tuesday, signing up for the rally on thursday and getting the entry confirmation and last-minute tech inspection on saturday morning, we were officially part of the first round in Monte Carlo. My favourite rally, and although she got a little roughed up, we still scored 18th in class, how awesome is that? Aaaand that also means it'll only get harder from here.

20210214005343_2.jpg

The car looked a little dull, being white-on-white in the snowy mountains, and in the whiteout of Värmland i'm not even sure if i'll be able to find the car after parking it. So i thought i could use the gap week to get a bit of color on the car ... boy was i wrong. Try as i might, there seems to be a major problem with file formats and such since i'm not a Photoshop user (only paint.net). Please, if anyone is willing to help me bring my idea to paper (i mean ... to file), step forward, it will be much appreciated.

Either way, see you in the snow (again)!

Here are some photos from my run. It was pretty bad, so I don't feel like adding witty commentary. :mad::mad:

I will say though, that the weather in this rally is pretty similar to the local weather here in Texas! The road conditions here are the same as our last two rallies: Snow, Compacted Snow, Slush, Ice, Asphalt. I could definitely use some of the studded tires on my Elantra, which I did take out for some light rallying on a local dirt road! :p

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I made my own snow storm here. There is a small tree missing in action.
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play