RD Rally Championship Season 9 - Rally World

with five of seven rallies done, I had a look back at my results and was quite surprised how much my personal memory differed from the bare numbers: I thought I' done quite well in Argentina and Monte, but Spain and Monte were my best, so anything with tarmac (which I do not like in Dirt 2.0) seems to agree with me:
Monte 35th of 63, 11.56 behind leader
Sweden 41st of 65, 16:42 behind elader
Argentina 34th of 63, 17:49 behind leader
Poland 30th of 47, 26:00 behind leader
Spain 24th of 44, 12:51 behind leader

Note the drop off in participation after Argentinia, too many DNFs there it seems.

so, went to NZ to do some testing, getting to know the locals and the streets and all that

F9E8730D3B3F0B25EC95DC70D991A79B16356FEC

lovely scenery is what I remember mostly

New Zealand. Hayden Paddon. RaceM. I had high hopes for sponsors from the land of the non-flying bird!
Ye, right. Seems like I scare them away with running bright... erhm, unique cars. Though, everyone needs food and stuff, or stuff for food... or food stuffings? Idk, but foodstuffs are needed! Oh well, doing the exact opposite of the normal cars for NZ. No need for sunglasses this time!
gjy8ROV.png

Last edited:
After my first DNF in NZ, hopes are low but plans are high for Scotland. Recce showed me tracks are tight and roadsides are strewn with rocks, treestumps and the infamous logs left in ditches. For me, "drive to survive" will again be a fitting motto, if the Lancia and me should make it past the halfway mark, we'll be proud!

the scenery, though, is as usual well worth it:
29620E97CE20E0874F0D8D972504741F89D33CFD

E48BFD93905D5AC5187BC253F0D4077D6553ED5A

and this is what "trying to get out of that ditch" looks like for me:
BFF894F8C24F7DDDA58BF82A2500E8FD8C500903

If you guys somehow hasn't noticed or realized by now that I am a bit weird... Then there's not much hope left I guess. Anyway, for round 7, and the final rally of RDRC S9, I present to all of you the Compilation-BMW! What's the compilation you might think, and if you haven't scrolled down and already seen it... I've had 5 different liveries this season. So it's a compilation of all five, in one single livery! It's not meant to be pretty. But somehow I think I've made worse before... Not sure if that means that this livery is almost OK, or if I have made a lot of... strange stuff!

Compilation BMW for Scotland!
o5RUFYD.png

Bonnet/Hood = Sweden
Roof = New Zealand
Boot/Trunk = Spain
Front Bumper and first half of the sides = Argentina
Rear half of the sides and rear bumper = Monte
Additional coloring = Spain (Yellow color on all random spots)
Also, literally a couple of Easter Eggs from the Spain-livery!

Wroom Wroom! :)

Compilation BMW for Scotland!
o5RUFYD.png

Wroom Wroom! :)
Nice idea, I sometimes do this sort of task with my art students: at the end of term they have to do a composite work of art incorporating bits of all the stuff they have done in my class over the last couple of months, a kind of visual summary. it always makes for some hugely interesting compositions, if nothing else.

Season finished May 2nd, now we have July 7th and still no word on the last rally of the season nor the overall winners... As we had in Season 8...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back