RD BMW M235i Racing Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricoow

Premium
tDjKPJB.jpg

If you want to participate in the newest championship you need to sign up here.
Sign-up Form said:
Name:
Teamname:
I have read and understood the notes: Yes/No
Notes:
- By signing up you agree that you have read and understood the league rules and that you will always follow these rules.
- By signing up you commit yourself to a full season of this series. Not attending an event without leaving a report of absence or not attending to multiple events (you can miss only one event when you notice us in time) may result in disqualification from the cup.

- Keep this thread clean only for signups please, all other posts belong in the general discussion.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have said this if he had the decency to at least say good race and well done instead of this loads of nonsense

I'm not agreeing with stuff that Niki says or doesn't say either, but you just make yourself look silly by chiming in like this after you unceremoniously quit the league.
I can understand why you quit and I would agree with you that certain manners should be upheld... but you're making an awful lot of wind now.

I'm not trying to attack you here, I'm just saying that you should just walk away from all this nonsense because it's gone on long enough. If you have bones to pick, then I would advise you do it via private message.

Reactions: Si
I wouldn't have said this if he had the decency to at least say good race and well done instead of this loads of nonsense
I have nothing against you or Niki, as I don't know either of you. I understand people have gripes, but you've constantly attacked the guy, even when he raised the whole issue of cutting in pre-quali. It's getting a bit tiring now, if you wanted to prove a point why didn't you do what Jack has done and carry on rather than post stuff like that and dislike anything he posts?

Congrats to podium! Solid drive for @Jack Keithley. Great job!

Enjoyed the race myself, and big thanks goes to @Geof for making it so enjoyable. That was nice, tight and clean racing mate. I will make it past you next time ;)

Now for the part thats making my races a bit too hard. I've had 3 league starts now, and in all of them the same problem. I get a freeze screen at the time those start lights go out, and I cant get to first gear... Yesterday i had to flap that pedal again 3 times before it engaged a gear. So it's needless to say I'm loosing so many positions in start. I have allready taken graphics settings down, and seems it didn't solve that start issue. After start there's no lags, and decent framerates. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm running with FX-8350 and GTX770. Could it be just that only solution would be to switch to intel...?

It seemed the server had penalties on.
Which meant my race lasted 1 lap. Black flagged for being punted off the track.
Well, I really don't know what happened in this event.
I got shunted off the track in T1. I carried on and started to gain on the cars in front of me. I crossed the line on the first lap and my car jumped into the pits with a black flag showing. All it said on my screen was "retired". My car was still fine to drive, a little bent from the shunt but still ok.
All I can assume is, I was given a penalty for being shunted off.....Strange.
Ah well, it's done now.

Don't know who's decision it was to switch penalties on, but it cost me a finish.
I didn't "drive off track", but the game doesn't understand that. What a waste of time and effort to be kicked after 1 lap.

Ok maybe I should have noticed that I had been penalised, but to be honest I wasn't even looking at the top of the screen, (too busy concentrating on catching the field).

Very disappointing that this happened.

@Ricardo A nod from the admin to let us know penalties were on would have been nice.

Last edited:
I just took a look at that broadcast.
Have to say I'm very impressed of that work you guys are doing with the tools that kunos has given. :)
Great job allso with commentaries! Keep up the good work...

This new live app on the left of the screen, displaying the driver-positions, could be improved by showing time gaps from one to another. Does not work atm . The prev. used one in the first two broadcasts was better for this purpos, it did.
But other than that the new one has advantages of course, since it's updating live and not only lap after lap.

This new live app on the left of the screen, displaying the driver-positions, could be improved by showing time gaps from one to another. Does not work atm . The prev. used one in the first two broadcasts was better for this purpos, it did.
But other than that the new one has advantages of course, since it's updating live and not only lap after lap.
Bram said in the stream their usual broadcaster wasn't available so someone else had to step in at the last minute, so that's probably why it was different.

Bram said in the stream their usual broadcaster wasn't available so someone else had to step in at the last minute, so that's probably why it was different.
That is right, I had to step in a few min up front, so I didn't have anything ready. I couldn't get the overlay working in time, so I just improvised. And the reason for the strange artifacts was due to the new Windows 10 AMD drivers, they cause some crazy effects in AC. When I drive alone I get like full borders over the track :-P, adds some excitement :).

Congrats to podium! Solid drive for @Jack Keithley. Great job!

Enjoyed the race myself, and big thanks goes to @Geof for making it so enjoyable. That was nice, tight and clean racing mate. I will make it past you next time ;)

Now for the part thats making my races a bit too hard. I've had 3 league starts now, and in all of them the same problem. I get a freeze screen at the time those start lights go out, and I cant get to first gear... Yesterday i had to flap that pedal again 3 times before it engaged a gear. So it's needless to say I'm loosing so many positions in start. I have allready taken graphics settings down, and seems it didn't solve that start issue. After start there's no lags, and decent framerates. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm running with FX-8350 and GTX770. Could it be just that only solution would be to switch to intel...?
Doubt that the processor has something to do with it. 2 suggestions, #1 try to reinstall Nvidia drivers, they are often very buggy #2 try to reinstall the game if possible.

We are glad to see that the drivers started respecting track limits and when exceeded they lifted most of the time.

We use a progressive penalty system regarding track cuts:
  • 0 to 2 cuts = multiplier x3 seconds
  • 3 to 5 cuts = multiplier x5 seconds
  • 6 or more = multiplier x10 seconds
The penalties for the 3rd race of the M235i Cup (Imola) are the following:

• Ales Kurent receives a 3 second penalty for violating rule 6.1
  • Hristo Milushev receives a 6 second penalty for violating rule 6.1
  • Simon Knight receives a 3 second penalty for violating rule 6.1
  • Tobias Rohner receives a 15 second penalty for violating rule 6.1
  • Marco Waechter receives a 20 second penalty for violating rule 6.1
  • Timm Fahrbach receives a 3 second penalty for violating rule 6.1
  • James Hemp receives a 3 second penalty for violating rule 6.1
These penalties are final and can not be changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes