1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual BMW M235i Racing Cup S1 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'RD BMW M235i Racing Cup' started by Ricoow, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    In the paddock you can meet up with your fellow drivers, discuss upcoming races, predict standings etc. Feel free to discuss everything Championship related here!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  2. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

WOOOHOOOO.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld
    It's not a Rover, it's an MG!

So frustrating, I've just bought AC and joined the forum for this purpose and I'm on a residential course for the pre-qualifications! Hope another championship comes up soon!

4. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium Member

"The league will take participants on a tour of Europe, and will allow them to battle it out for the top spot at some of its most iconic circuits, including Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps, Imola and the Nürburgring."

I can see Donington instead of Spa? :D

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

@Smokeysworld I'd sign up anyway, maybe you can be put on the reserve list for the first event or something. If you can race all the other dates there is a big chance to get on the grid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

That is a good find my friend.

Also are you going to keep that teamname?

7. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

MmMmmm...after so long,i am finally going to join a cup yay!! :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Welcome back to the track Dinca. :)

• Love Love x 1
  9. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Will a skin be assigned to us if we can't make our own? I've never done it before and don't really intend on learning it either at moment :p
    (I've read the thread about custom liveries, just asking whether we have to go through some kind of procedure if we don't have a skin.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

You can point this out after PreQ, we will make sure we have a load of skins available to the drivers whenever somebody is unable to create his/her own. Also if anybody here loves to create some skins, they are always welcome to volunteer in helping the drivers out. @Sunny Sky Speed is delivering us some great liveries for those in need ;)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

I've only ever created liveries in Forza but have photoshop if that's a good way to make them for AC?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I created the last one to test out my actual car:

[​IMG]

12. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

Photoshop or GIMP2 are ideal for skin modding.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  13. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Will give photoshop a try if I'm allowed to participate without the pre-quali's

14. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

You are when there are still available gridspots ;)

15. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

I'll be sure to make a start on a livery then! I know we can't use brands/logo's without consent but does this include brands already related to the car we are customising. ie. can we use the BMW logo, 'M' etc. And does this extend to BMW race car sponsors (probably a little more of a stretch)?

On that note, can you use logos from companies already within AC? I assume Dunlop would be ok as they are in the game already?

Finally, the thread with the teplate to work from doesn't yet have the template to download. (or I am missing it!)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  16. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

We have not yet released the template as it seems kinda unnecessary for people to work on their design when they aren't even sure to be included in the series. You can always make a few practice designs for yourself,
    As to all brands and logos: We do not take any responsibility. Usage is at your own risk. I am not a lawyer nor am I specialized in law and can't tell you to what extend things are and aren't allowed.

17. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll stick with brands already in the game to be safe. Just didn't want to be banned from racing!

If you would like me to make a couple of liveries for the pool, you're welcome to forward me the template and I will make some up for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

19. Coennos

Coennos
    Green green green

Sure James why not :thumbsup:

20. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

I provide the necessary template in due time to Ricardo with all logo's in place, only RD logo's and my personal logo is used as I also provide all skins for the people who don't have their own. The Dunlop logo is automatically present on the front bumper, I won't use any other logo's for legal issues. Maybe you'd better wait for the template.
    Thanks anyway for offering to help, normally it should be no prob to handle it.
    Regards,
    SSS.

• Like Like x 2