RD BMW M235i Racing Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricoow

Premium
tDjKPJB.jpg

If you want to participate in the newest championship you need to sign up here.
Sign-up Form said:
Name:
Teamname:
I have read and understood the notes: Yes/No
Notes:
- By signing up you agree that you have read and understood the league rules and that you will always follow these rules.
- By signing up you commit yourself to a full season of this series. Not attending an event without leaving a report of absence or not attending to multiple events (you can miss only one event when you notice us in time) may result in disqualification from the cup.

- Keep this thread clean only for signups please, all other posts belong in the general discussion.

Last edited:
@Andy White I actually studied this incident and tried to replicate it. you were obviously unfortunate to get involved with an incident at turn one.

I (in hotlap mode) went off in the same place as an experiment and had a stupid cut warning. I can only assume you had the same which caused your black flag. This is a fault/issue with ACs cut detection system that couldn't see the difference between and 'off' and a 'cut'.

If you saw the warning at the top of the screen you could have slowed down to about 50kph for 5 secs or so to remove the warning before the end of the lap.

@Andy White I actually studied this incident and tried to replicate it. you were obviously unfortunate to get involved with an incident at turn one.

I (in hotlap mode) went off in the same place as an experiment and had a stupid cut warning. I can only assume you had the same which caused your black flag. This is a fault/issue with ACs cut detection system that couldn't see the difference between and 'off' and a 'cut'.

If you saw the warning at the top of the screen you could have slowed down to about 50kph for 5 secs or so to remove the warning before the end of the lap.

Yeah, I realised it was the game at fault. I wasn't even looking at the top of the screen for a penalty warning to be honest (didn't know penalties were on). If I'd have seen it I would have slowed.
I knew nothing could be done about it, these things happen. I just didn't want to be put down as AWOL, it looks bad.

I wonder if we should scrap the div.2 race this wednesday?
My playtime is precious and i dont really want to spend all these hours just to be in a 5 car race again. I rather watch the stream or do something else.

Could we agree on a minimum number of racers? Atleast 10.
Or maybe invite others for a full grid.

I think a lot of people lost a lot of respect for this cup thats all, just waiting for it to end :)
quite the opposite I think! We watched every person separately around certain parts of the track and everybody behaved exemplary! there were a couple of mistakes and these have been dealt with.

The standard of respect shown to the track limits was MUCH improved and shows that drivers have decided to respect the competition as they know that cutting will not be tolerated!

VBRC Round 4 Nürburgring Flyer.png

For the last race of the season we head to Germany, home of the BMW M235i!

Booking: 17:00GMT (60 min)
Practice: 18:00GMT (60 min)
Qualification: 19:00GMT (15 min)
Break: 5 minutes
Race: 19:20GMT (28 laps)

Division 1 Track Pack: Download
Since Division 1 will feature broadcasting, we have got 4 modified tracks. Everybody in Division 1 will need these.
Skinpack: V1.2b Download
Note: Skinpack download is only #48 now. For the full package please read the description.

Damage: 50%
Driving Aids: Factory

Track Grip: 96% (Slowly improving)
Time of Day: 13:00

Server 1:
Jack Keithley
Ross Balfour
Niki Djakovic
Kevin Ascher
Geoffroy Tassenoy
Rami Mattila
Timm Fahrbach
Akis Kevrekidis
Tomi Manninen
Simon Knight
Ales Kurent
Tobias Roehner
Jay Adgie
Luka Peklaj
Michael Klein
Hristo Milushev
James Hemp
Marco Waechter
Rob Walker
Alexander Kholodkevich
Stelios Fevgatos
Franklin Stegink
Daniel Holst
Dinca Andrei

Server 2:
Andreas Knopke
Oliver Feistkorn
Fernando Gutierrez
Matyas Kone
Sven Walther
Pavel Suchacek
Blair Thomson
Galin Dimov
Coen Adriaansz
Alex Parker
Andy White
David Cuthill
Dimitris Liakouris

Some parts of the track you can go over the limits without even noticing:

Castrol S corner exit
2inv.jpg

2v.jpg

RTL Curve corner exit
3inv.jpg

3v.jpg

Last Chicane
1inv.jpg

1v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
VBRC Round 4 Nürburgring Flyer.png

After three blistering events, the Virtual BMW M235i Racing Cup, in Assetto Corsa, has reached that unfortunate stage in the season - the final round! However, it is expected that the fourth race of the championship will bring as much, if not more excitement than the previous meetings. Round 4 will take us to the home of the BMW M235i Racing, the Nürburgring in Germany. Once again, due to the sheer amount of interest that this championship has received, races shall be ran across two servers to accommodate the grid. The event shall be on Wednesday 24th June 2015, and there will as always be a live web stream for viewers across the world.

Since 2014, the Nürburgring has played host to the BMW M235i Racing cup class for customer and privateer teams, as part of the VLN and 24 hour endurance event. And this race will give the grid of 37 thrill-seeking, sim-racing drivers the opportunity to battle it out in the virtual world, at the infamous circuit where the star of this single-make competition was bred into a true racer! The Sprintstrecke, which deviates from the GP Strecke shortly before turn 6 and rejoins just after the Schumacher-S, via the Conti-Spange, shortening the track by approximate 1.5km, is the layout of choice for the VBRC.

The format for this event will be a single 28-lap race, after an initial 15 minute qualifying session to determine the grid order. Once again we're hoping for an action packed evening of close fought racing!

Watch the live stream on Wednesday!
We will be bringing you full, live coverage of qualifying and the race, with commentary courtesy of R.J. O'Connell and Yuri Kasdorp, from 18:45 GMT onwards.

You will be able to watch the event live, and also join in with the conversation, on our live stream page featuring the popular chat-box.

Round 3 @ Imola - Race Recap
Fewer disciplinary actions were taken following this race compared to the previous rounds, with only seven of the drivers on server one penalised for race incidents and infringements. MadCape Racing's Jack Keithley came in first, with a resounding victory - he finished 18 seconds ahead of Ross Balfour (Roaring Pipes Maniacs), and a further 4 seconds ahead of the current championship leader, Niki Djakovic (Team Vires). Niki's closest competitor, Akis Kevrekidis (Double Dragon), could manage only 8th, with Geoffroy Tassenoy (New Horizons) hot on his heels in 3rd position overall - his 5th place finish allowed him to gain a place in the standings. Meanwhile, on server two, there were a mere five finishers, and two DNFs. Alexander Kholodkevich (United Racing Design) finished 20 seconds ahead of Stelios Fevgatos (Double Dragon) in 2nd place. Independent driver Franklin Stegink rounded off the podium spots on the second server. The final two spots were claimed by two more independent drivers, Daniel Holst and Dinca Andrei, respectively. More information can be found in the final results and standings tables following Round 3 of the VBRC.

Don't forget to check out the the full entry list of teams and drivers, as well as further details about the upcoming race.

Last edited:
The curbs width, sausages and white lines seems to be a lot better then tracks before. Hence the racing line feels more natural to me. The sprint dip ofc is a bit of a wacky thing, can't have it all. Looking forward to this starting grip 96%. It's going to provide for better FFB. Essential tool for my enjoyment.

@SandroX: pretty sure server is pw, and you need to get pw from an admin, not on public forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes