Rate the Sims | FINAL RESULTS

Very pleased to see AC at the top. The surprise for me is Automobilista at second. Don't get me wrong I also enjoy it, but I didn't expect it to get the "love".

Off topic - can't wait for Automobilista 2.

Assetto corsa FTW, no surprises here, the stunning detail, the native dx11 graphics in a sim was amazing, the constant support from devs and mod comunity make assetto corsa a beloved sim

:thumbsup:

GT Sport getting hammered as expected, seeing as we're neck deep in Sim territory here and people rate based on "sim value" over enjoyment and fun or whatever. Same reason why Forza didn't even make the list.

Personally I think GT Sport gets wonderful support from its developers, the live events are the best of any E-Sports racing game at the moment and the graphics are gorgeous. I still prefer the sheer scale of AC over it though.

(Though GT Sport has the 458 GT3, and 'simcade' or not, it's the only racing game to feature it!)

Last edited:
  • asITisWRiTTEN

1. rFactor 2
2. Automobilista

I started Sim Racing with Assetto Corsa, but in my humble opinion the physics and FFB in rFactor 2 and Automobilista outclass all other Sims.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or have been living under a rock for the past 15 years?

Dynamic track tech, dynamic weather, more data available for tire models, improved physics, ffb......VR, DD wheels, motion simulators etc. etc.

Good to see AMS make the podium, the second best sim that no one plays lol
Yeap, nobody plays AMS and nobody voted it, it's in second place by the hand of god. And I was talking about software, not hardware. Come on, that's obvious.

It’s interesting that Automobilista ranks so high but is played so little.

rFactor 2 definitely had the pole position start of the decade, but a less than stellar release made Assetto Corsa catch up and overtake it, in my opinion. I think if you had made a poll in 2010 about which sim we thought we would still be raving about in 2020, I think most of us would’ve said rFactor 2.

My most played sim of the list was iRacing, even though I kinda prefer Assetto’s physics.

My biggest disappointment was not seeing GTR 3 or GT Legends 2 this decade. Maybe in the 2020s....

rFactor 2 definitely had the pole position start of the decade, but a less than stellar release made Assetto Corsa catch up and overtake it, in my opinion. I think if you had made a poll in 2010 about which sim we thought we would still be raving about in 2020, I think most of us would’ve said rFactor 2.

rFactor 2 was the disappointment of the decade for me. rFactor 1's success was basically defined by the modding community, the core ISI content was dreadful (apart from a couple of the tracks). When rFactor 2 launched people were excited for it but expected a bit more from the developer, which we didn't get, it appeared they anticipated modders would carry another of their titles which didn't really happen. A few years in the title was bought out by Studio 397 with the intentions of making it what sim racers hoped for in the beginning. IMO they added some nice new content, but there's too many relics of ISI's poor effort, I feel they should've just worked on rF3 after buyout and brought something without the stink of failure into the market.

Enter AC which included the modding support people loved, much better graphics, good quality licensed content and great physics/ffb and unfortunately rFactor 2 couldn't compete.

The moral of the story is you can't expect your previous successes to carry you forever. If you release a poor product and don't take necessary steps to fix it you will fall from grace very quickly. The good news is the sim community is quite loyal and forgiving if you put the effort in to fix your mistakes.

Last edited:
The results don't really surprise me. Like the vast majority of people, my personal ranking would be much different.

It was a fun exercise, I enjoyed participating! Hopefully it created more fun than butthurt feelings! :p

The results were mostly expected. I own most of the list, but rotate between AC, ACC, RF2, R3E and iRacing regularly...I think the ratings are all well-deserved, especially AMS at #2 :thumbsup:...A vocal minority keeps asking why we don't see anymore AMS races outside of Australia but unfortunately it falls on deaf ears, mostly because there's no VR (by the way, shout outs to those fun aussies over there! Besides Automobilista being great, their banter made it worth it to wake up at 5 - 6 am on a Sunday to race with them). Here's hoping Reiza captures that same magic with AMS2, as the way the original handles is something special.

I also love AC dearly, but everyone knows if not for ACC being GT3 only and Sol + CSP existing, it might have very well lost out to AMS or even R3E. Not a knock on AC mind you, I'm just pointing out that mods are what keeps sims alive if the last 20 years are any indication...so the overall trend towards no-modding allowed/supported is a shame. Also hope RF2 manage to turn things around in 2020, all the new content has been amazing stuff.

Lastly, I do think iRacing gets quite a bad rep around here...YES I KNOW it's expensive no arguments there...but besides that fact, has anyone played it recently (in the last 3 months)? I always hear the "ice Racing" term, but I think if feels pretty great to drive compared to all other sims, plus the visuals are very nice facelift for such an old title. I especially love the detail put into the car systems, with damage models with repair times that are closer to reality (makes you think twice about some moves when repairing your car could take 30 mins or even hours), not to mention car parts that end up in the road that can screw up your car if you hit them...I mean, is there any other sim where a safety cone can get caught in the wrong place and mess up your race? :D

The first, AC is also, by far the most played, easy to check on Steam. Makes sense the most played is voted preferred, so far so good, until we get to the second one.
Obviously, this community has a different agenda than the community who is actually buying, using and presumably enjoying their SIM, driving them regularly.
Second preferred SIM on RD is not played by most.
Oh well, at least it has been entertaining.

It’s interesting that Automobilista ranks so high but is played so little.
AMS had his success with hardcore players, that I believe are heavily present on this forum... probably that is why it had such good rating here, but on Steam there are only few people playing compared with other sims.

And it's still doing very fine to a game that had ZERO publicity... even in Brazil, the game is very unknown... most of Brazilian media (including here the good media), don't even know that the game exists. It's more well known outside the country.

I wonder how the votes went based on gear used? The reason i asked, I have had a TM TX for 4.5 years and AMS, RF2 and R3E were all better than AC and ACC.

I just traded the TX in for a DD1 and BMW GT2 wheel, and AC and ACC feel so so much better. AMS, R3E and especially RF2 feel ordinary in comparison.

I understand there is a lot of tweaking to do, but my question still remains. Did the TM people vote for AMS etc and Fanatec people vote AC/ACC?

I wonder how the votes went based on gear used? The reason i asked, I have had a TM TX for 4.5 years and AMS, RF2 and R3E were all better than AC and ACC.

I just traded the TX in for a DD1 and BMW GT2 wheel, and AC and ACC feel so so much better. AMS, R3E and especially RF2 feel ordinary in comparison.

I understand there is a lot of tweaking to do, but my question still remains. Did the TM people vote for AMS etc and Fanatec people vote AC/ACC?
FFB and physics are related but different things. Maybe you are right about the FFB with certain hardware, but AMS physics are way more better than AC ones (always talking about official content). At least half of the cars in AC are just wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back