Rate the Sims | FINAL RESULTS

Congratulations Assetto Corsa ! My personal Favorite is Automobilista and it's nice to see it finish second. What drives and excites the Sim racing community is a great looking / feeling (ffb) game with well sorted AI , that has lots of mods available for it. Both Assetto Corsa and AMS have plenty to enjoy. Reiza should take note of this fact. With the upcoming AMS 2 being pretty much unmodable I fear a potential fatal mistake on there part. The boys at ISI , now Studio397 made this critical mistake with RFactor 2 and the sim racing community walked away in droves. RFactor 2 has all the potential to be the King if only they would create and release some tools / editors to the public. I'm very much looking forward to AMS 2 but it's shelf life may be quite limited . :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Because they continue to market and hype their titles as something they aren't. Including paying pro drivers to give their "opinion" infront of cameras.

SMS is known to mislead for maximum profit. Just look back how they marketed the Shift series.
Codemasters on Grid game (2019) did worse than that. Look the trailers with F1 driver, and is a total arcade.

Positively surprised by AMS and R3E
Wreckfest the absolute winner in terms of joker in the pack.

ACC is climbing up, RF2 bit lower than expected.
IRacing gets lot of Flak because of pricing.

Not much surprise about the tail end.

• Deleted member 197115

Because it's supringly fun!
It's good and fun but still completely different genre simcade. Its presence in the poll imo just skews the results.
It's driving GAME, same as FH4, but not racing simulator, never meant to be.
Nonetheless happy that all studio's hard work recognized and people like it for some crazy recreation break from more serious simulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where were the votes for Grand Prix Legends, GT Legends, GTR2, Race 07, ... ? :D

I think a sim still needs to still run on a modern OS for it to be valid.

Now I can only speak about GTR2 as I have it but have never been able to play it - it does a CTD on launch with Win10.

GTR2 works fine on my Windows 10 (latest build version), so does GTL, LFS, and GPL.
They all work great on Windows 10. ;)
For Grand Prix Legends (GPL) you may want to have a look on the GPL 2020 Demo:

The only games of the poll that I don`t have are F1 2019 and GT Sport.
Thx RD for the interesting poll. :thumbsup:

The stats are filled with haters/fanboys anyways.

Just look at the iRacing post. I think we can all agree that iRacing is not a 10/10, but people rating iRacing a 1/10? I mean come on. Do you even know what a 1/10 title looks like?

ACC is also not a 10/10, but again, 37 votes for a 1/10? wtf
iRacing is ridiculous expensive, no moddable and its physics are super basic compared to AMS. I mean, it deserves more than a 1/10, but very far from the top.
ACC is just a gt3 series, a very good one, but just that. And you need a very expensive hardware to run it properly. Again, it's not a 1/10, but this one also should be far from the top. Bear in mind a good part of Racedepartment is a hardcore community, and they don't care about marketing, they just want good sims.

Last edited:
What a complete shocker. I would've never expected this result. I thought PCars 2 is going to win hands down.

But no, in a complete twist of events, the sim with the largest and loudest community somehow managed to make it to the very top.

In fairness, if PC2 had seen the amount of development time that AC did and if it had supported modding and plugins natively, it would've stood a better (= fair) chance.

As it is, my take is that the community prefers flexibility and well-understood, polished platforms with good plugin and modding support. Frankly, this shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

When you look at the PC2 numbers, the amount of hate-votes skews it down. If you discount them as the result of irrational hatred, the distribution looks fair enough. Also see how ACC (which is still in its infancy) fared in comparison. In two years, ACC will be a lot more polished and will score even higher.

SMS simply bit off more than they could chew in the time available and gave up too early.

Last edited:
And you know this - how?
zigzag at 60 miles and take a look at suspension. iRacing has a nice FFB but in many cases it does not correspond with car's behaviour, it's intentionally oversaturated. Suspension mechanics in AMS and rF2 are way more organic and a real delight. The progressive weight transfer is superb and polar moment of inertia of each car is very well calculated.

Last edited:
The stats are filled with haters/fanboys anyways.

Just look at the iRacing post. I think we can all agree that iRacing is not a 10/10, but people rating iRacing a 1/10? I mean come on. Do you even know what a 1/10 title looks like?

ACC is also not a 10/10, but again, 37 votes for a 1/10? wtf

I actually did some calculations how the results would be if people who rate a title 10 would count as a 9 (because no title is perfect/fanboy-filtering) and every vote below 4 would count as a 4 (probable "hate-vote").

The results were almost identical. ACC got something like .2 percentage increase (because of so many "hate votes") and most of the titles stayed within +- .15%. I think the order would still be exactly the same.

Iracing rating is probably most flawed because the cult has its own forum and those users seems to be not reading RD. It had ridiculously low vote count because of that.

Edit: @ermo with my "smoothing method" Pc2 would get +0.05% so it is one of the least affected by the clear "hate-/fanboy-votes".

Last edited:
Because they continue to market and hype their titles as something they aren't. Including paying pro drivers to give their "opinion" infront of cameras.

SMS is known to mislead for maximum profit. Just look back how they marketed the Shift series.

Thanks for stating YOUR opinion. Others may differ. Some people like PC 2 for the GAME, and not for anything else. I for once, happen to like the NFS Shift and love Project Cars 1 and 2, because I find them fun and immersive to drive. As in "this is MY opinion".

Your opinion is totally valid, but please do not state is as being the "Truth" Mr. PegaMixel. It is just your opinion.

zigzag at 60 miles and take a look at suspension. iRacing has a nice FFB but in many cases it does not correspond with car's behaviour, it's intentionally oversaturated. Suspension mechanics in AMS and rF2 are way more organic and a real delight. The progressive weight transfer is superb and polar moment of inertia of each car is very well calculated.

In other words you don't know :)

We have seen various explanations as to why the games are ordered as they are. Is it about modability? Is it about being hardcore? Maybe its just down to price.

The top 2 games are less than £20 on Steam

Numbers 4, 5 and 6 cost between £25 and £35

Those lower than this cost between £40 and $45 (or more in the case of iRacing), with two exceptions - GT Sport is now available for under £20 (no doubt handicapped by its console status), and NASCAR Heat 4 costs £31

You can't really put a cost on RaceRoom as it varies from free to £85 for all content.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.