Rate the Sims | FINAL RESULTS

I would like to assume that AMS got love from the community because of what it represents/ accomplishes in a sim racing title. It gives you the tools to have an immersive sim racing experience even without VR. Reiza showed their love of sim racing by how they developed the title.

I actually thought the results would be #1 ACC #2 AC/RF2/AMS :p:D

Fun little project RD...Looking forward to reading all the comment bashing:coffee::)

Well deserved top 3. I thought ACC will be at 4th.
Now it is time to poll how many cars do you have in AC? :p
edit: mine is 386 atm including official AC cars

Last edited:
In terms of usage, here is the verdict from Steam (PC only) on the top 4 from this poll. Not sure if Automobilista is also sold outside of Steam.
View attachment 345026

Bigger competitors to AC are BeamNG.drive and F1 2019. It has to be said that F1 2019 has bigger numbers during the F1 season.
View attachment 345029
Here are the usage stats for some of the other Steam titles in the poll. ACC has acquired a good number of players after the latest updates. PC2 is still popular on PC and DR2 too. RF2 has a solid number of players too, steadily growing.
1579603628250.png

GT Sport of course is not on Steam. I think i saw some numbers on a site and it was around 25000 to 35000 top concurrent players per day (I cannot remember clearly but that's the ballpark figure), so a totally different beast.

Any chance Kunos would consider doing updates again for Asseto corsa. The results speak for themselves. Look at ETS2 for instance. 12 years on and still supported by Devs.
Instead of updating AC i would suggest they start developing for new AC2 which should be an upgrade to ACC. They should keep providing the tools for modding like AC. That's the reason why AC still standing strong till this days.

In terms of usage, here is the verdict from Steam (PC only) on the top 4 from this poll. Not sure if Automobilista is also sold outside of Steam.
View attachment 345026

Bigger competitors to AC are BeamNG.drive and F1 2019. It has to be said that F1 2019 has bigger numbers during the F1 season.
View attachment 345029
AMS is sold by Reiza themselves on their Forum ,well it was when i bought it a few years ago . You can buy AMS 2 there now also , get in while its cheaper and also bet early access and all DLC !!

So basically 2 of the 3 best sims run on ISImotor, a 15 years old engine.
And?

A lot of the physic aspects of driving a car are well understood and correctly implemented in ISImotor, and those that aren't are constantly being researched, developed, improved and implemented, so, why would you need to start from scratch and rebuild even those parts that are already accurate, instead of building on an already strong foundation and keep on pushing it foward? After all, as far as I know real world physics haven't chaged either in the past 15 years.

In cases where devs do start from scratch, like Kunos did for their own engine, it's not like the end results are drastically different either, becouse, again, real world physics are the same now they were 15 years ago, so I really don't understand your point.

Arcade racing is the place to go if you want to see devs starting from scratch every time, since they don't have to follow real world rules.

Dont kbow where the
Hi!

The GRID, WRC8 & Wreckfest simulators? :O_o:
Yep, everything with wheels is a simulation these days but i miss:
Farming Simulator, Formula Car Racing Simulator, Bus Driver Simulation, Car Mechanic Simulator, Train Simulator (also has wheels and can make turns), PAKO Car Cahse Simulator, Priest Simulator...wrong steam tags i guess, Extreme School driving simulator and the list goes on with hundreds of titles showing up in Steam searching on "race" and "simulation".
Seeing the list RD does not have to worry about a dying genre.

And?

A lot of the physic aspects of driving a car are well understood and correctly implemented in ISImotor, and those that aren't are constantly being researched, developed, improved and implemented, so, why would you need to start from scratch and rebuild even those parts that are already accurate, instead of building on an already strong foundation and keep on pushing it foward? After all, as far as I know real world physics haven't chaged either in the past 15 years.

In cases where devs do start from scratch, like Kunos did for their own engine, it's not like the end results are drastically different either, becouse, again, real world physics are the same now they were 15 years ago, so I really don't understand your point.

Arcade racing is the place to go if you want to see devs starting from scratch every time, since they don't have to follow real world rules.

This.

And?

And nothing, we agree. ISImotor is a blast if it's used properly. That's the point, maths are maths.

I´m surprised that PC2 actually made it to the list at all (!) because the RD community seem to have a true hatred for the title... and for SMS titles as a whole. I really have no idea why. :cry::cry::cry:

Because they continue to market and hype their titles as something they aren't. Including paying pro drivers to give their "opinion" infront of cameras.

SMS is known to mislead for maximum profit. Just look back how they marketed the Shift series.

I really sh!t on PC2 because I just could not get a car around a track after I bought a DD wheel. It actually seemed better when I had a G29. The lockups while braking was ridiculous and the FFB was horrible. Recently I installed a file from Christaan Pure and good grief, I could actually drive the cars. The brake lockups were still completely stupid. Then I saw a post here about reducing brake pressure to cure that. I never touched brake pressure before, but it was worth a shot. It made this game very good.

Now, AC on the other hand, to me, has a really bad feel. I can drive most tracks, but the feeling I get from the cars is always like mush. I have tweaked and tweaked and it doesn't get any better. I think people love AC because it allows them to mod, has a ton of cars and tracks. But it is not a good DRIVING game.

As others have said, if visuals aren't the reason you drive, rf2 is the bomb. I have driven Nurburgring GP in AC, ACC, rf2 and PC2 with the same car and the experience of the drive is 1. rf2 2. ACC 3. PC2 4. AC.

To me AC is very over-rated.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea