Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Miami Race - Update
I forgot to add Norris’ fastest lap point for Melbourne, that will be fixed when I next update the standings.
Soft - 17 laps
Medium - 22 laps
Hard - 27 laps
I also realized during my test that the harder tyres were quite uncompetitive with these stint lengths, so I will update the lengths to this:
Soft stays 17
Medium - 29
Hard - 37
Because of this, I will allow everyone another day to alter the starting tyre if they want to.

I think the good strategies now are either:
1-stop M-H, pit on laps 23-29
2-stop S-S-M with pits on lap 15-17 and 30-34

Deadline June 24th 20:00 CEST

Miami GP Laps 1-9
1.PNG
Vettel makes a great start, as he uses the others behind him fighting and creates a large lead. Bottas gets caught out in an incident, and has to retire.
5.PNG

Vettel is however starting to lose time to Magnussen.
9.PNG
De Vries again has an early retirement, and it brings out the VSC therefore the race is paused.
Alpine in Montreal taught me that it's better to pit under VSC, so it should be considered for the soft runners :roflmao:

Pitstop under VSC is 12,2 seconds compared to the regular 18,6.
The update goes until lap 27.
Deadline: June 25th 23:00 CEST

Last edited:
Miami Race Laps 10-24
10.PNG

2 pitters, and Magnussen makes very quick work of traffic on the softs, using the Renault power to his advantage on the straight.
14.PNG

Vettel also pits, with a slightly slower pitstop, and rejoins right in front of Stroll.
18.PNG

Vettel also manages to clear his traffic, but he is losing time to Magnussen. Piastri pits, and he also has a slightly slow stop.
21.PNG

And to make Piastri's day worse, he crashes while overtaking Giovinazzi. He tried too hard, hit his sidepod and lost his front suspension. His retirement brought out another VSC, just as Norris pitted.

Next update until lap 44.
Deadline June 26th 23:00 CEST

Last edited:
Miami Race Laps 25-30
25.PNG

The pitters have gained massively, as Magnussen retains his lead, while Alonso jumps the Falcons. Leclerc was almost behind Hulkenberg, until his fuel system gave way.
29.PNG

It's a disaster for Red Night this update, as Magnussen also crashes out from the lead, which brings out the red flag.

This gives everyone a chance to change to a different tyre, so I will pause the race here. 27 laps to go.

Next update until lap 44.
Deadline: June 27th 22:00 CEST

Miami Race Laps 31-44
31.PNG

Leclerc makes a mistake, so Albon is left as the benchmark for hard tyres. Unlikely that Leclerc regains his position from here.
35.PNG

Albon retires with a transmission problem, so the Hightech's are rendered useless this race. :p
Stroll is catching up to Seb, but he is managing to block off his teammate's charge so far.
Norris retires with an ERS problem, so the Harvey's lead unchallenged for now.
39.PNG

Zhou also falls victim of the Renault reliability, as that's yet another double DNF for Excelsior. Stroll is starting to lose touch with his teammate, as he complains of blistering on his tyres.
43.PNG

Stroll is seriously starting to lose time now, as Perez and Alonso look likely to inherit the podium positions.
and an announcement:
-Delayed upgrades will become more expensive the more of them that you have in queue, so it will be like a purchase penalty.
-The penalty starts at 4 upgrades queued, going to 6,8,10 and then 11,12,13..etc up to 19 (where the 10-race delayed would cost 9PP).
-Each penalty point is 0,5pp more expensive for both the 5-race and 10-race delayed upgrades.
-The penalty will become smaller by 1 point for each 10 points your team is behind the championship leader in the constructors standings, until 60 points behind after which you get a penalty point deducted for every 5 championship points behind.
-Each team will therefore have a personalized cost to their upgrades, that I will be putting in our PM, along with the number of upgrades currently in queue.
-The upgrades you buy in a single market window will all have the same cost, even if it would go over the next penalty limit. (so you are always paying the price listed in our PM)
-Instant upgrade price remains unaffected.
-Effective immidiately.
-I hold the right to change this system in the future if I see the balancing is off. :)

I don't expect any major pitstops tbh, so we'll try to end this race by 15:00 CEST tomorrow, that's the deadline.

Last edited:
Barcelona GP Free Practice
SPainFP1.PNG
SpainFP2.PNG
Barcelona brings the first batch of delayed upgrades, although it weirdly was not very obvious in the 2nd free practice as the upgrading teams did not make much improvements.

WEATHER REPORT:
-Fully dry weekend.

STRATEGY REPORT:
1656427377393.png

-Soft tyres last 18 laps
-Medium 29 laps
-Hard 37 laps

5-race delay arrives after Silverstone and before Red Bull Ring.
10-race delay arrives after Zandvoort and before Monza.

First posts are now updated, if you have any questions with the new penalty system let me know.
-The "points deduction" is the rule lowering the penalty for how much behind the leader your team is in the constructors championship.
-Total penalty is just the upgrades in queue minus the points relief.
-Next Penalty is the next stepping where I raise the cost of the delayed upgrades.
-The upgrade costs are now unique to each team, and change based on the Total Penalty value. (in steps 4,6,8,10,11,12..etc.)

Deadline for buys is until June 29th, 21:00 CEST.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies